Can you use an EVC...

disneymagic02

Mouseketeer
in the stores, has anyone had problems getting wround with one. We are going in Sept and 1 maybe 2 of the people in my party will have to have one. Thanks for the help. Sorry I ment ECV....

many people park them outside of the stores and walk around in the stores - especially the smaller stores.
It is possible to get around in the stores with them (we take DD's wheelchair in all the stores because she can't walk). The main aisles are wide enough for a wheelchair (and ECV) to get thru, but with all the people in the stores, it is sometimes very congested. You may get to a point where you can't move well because of all the people, so it may take a bit longer to navigate the stores if it is busy. There may also be a few points where you hit dead ends where you might have little space to turn.

I have used my own ECV at all the Stores at the resorts for years with no problem at all. Persons who have used an ECV for years have no problems with tight places and anticipate where any problem might exist.
Folks who rent ECV's at the parks can be dangerous at times due to lack of experience.

Folks who rent ECV's at the parks can be dangerous at times due to lack of experience.
I would agree with that. I have seen people panic when they get into a tight spot and then they have even more trouble because they can't remember what to do. It's especially a problem for the people renting the park ECVs for the first time since those are larger and less manouverable.
The solution for that is to practice for a bit before venturing out in traffic or into tight spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter