Canadian Buffoon's Sweet 16 Celebration - Update 01/28 - The End

And i need to send an e-mail to our little group as we can make reservations now for our Friday night restaurant. Plus with the arrival time of your flight, some of the plans discussed amongst us might not be feasible timewise. No Really. I'll try to get that email out in the next couple days. Too hard from the phone and i can't really bring my lap top for sitting at the vet's office.

Hmmm... okay.
You did say "No Really"
so I have to believe you.

Well..... waiting for the email.

Most of the time its work, at least that's my experience.

I totally understand that!

I sure hope that you write that TR. Now im really curious where you went besides Liesa's, or was hers the 1000 mile trip?

No. Hers was 800.

I'm sure you would come up with something. Either how the drive was eventful, the people you encountered, what caught your eye on the shelves, and what made you change your mindas to why you didnt buy anything.

:laughing:

Or how the floor was over waxed
so I made an aisle into
a shuffleboard and used
sticks of butter as pucks.

I just need to realize there isn't a limit to the number of ones you will put in there.

Correct. ;)

Thats not what i meant, the name of your street. Does it have some sort of nautical reference?

Hmmm... Well, if you Google mapped it,
you'll see that the next street also
has a nautical name.

I think just a name.
Perhaps based on the fact it's
fairly close to water.

Were people wondering
why you were feeling so ill?
No, but my hubby was a little annoyed. I honestly only read each chapter, but I’m a speed reader. I also read during my kids’ swim team and swim lesson times. They start at 4:15 and end at 8, 3 nights a week. The other two nights it’s just my oldest. I travel back and forth dropping off and picking up and making dinner for each kiddo, but I do have some time to just sit also. You must remember those days!

Started it?
Heck!
I finished it!!
Sorry, but it’s not like I got an invite. I just crashed the party at the end.

She says she could never put
a pet down.
I agree. It’s so hard. That and allergies are a reason I won’t get a pet.

Oh! And how was that?
A8C6F978-3A1A-4010-8A22-8BA6C2496BC1.jpeg
Magical

Sure. Now you tell me!
(But thanks for the tip!)
We went in September after you. I did a lot of research before going. We also saw the shuttle Endeavor at the Science Museum.
1EA90885-5E67-4E6A-BFE0-8DA28028623A.jpeg

No way!!
I had no idea!
Thanks a lot for that!
I keep trying to attach photos, but it says the file is too large. I can try from the computer tomorrow. If you have any tips let me know.

Are you feeling more settled now?
Much more settled. There is a lot to get used to. The saying “everything is bigger in Texas” is not a lie. The traffic is also rough, although the weather is amazing. No snow equals a happy wife. We have a pool and the kids love it.

Hmmm... okay.
You did say "No Really"
so I have to believe you.

Well..... waiting for the email.

It's up on my computer, but between eating and watching TV it isn't getting wrote as fast as I want.

Or how the floor was over waxed
so I made an aisle into
a shuffleboard and used
sticks of butter as pucks.

That too would be interesting!

Hmmm... Well, if you Google mapped it,
you'll see that the next street also
has a nautical name.

I think just a name.
fairly close to water.

I didn't actually click on the link. I only saw the name of the street that you supposedly live on.

Yup! That was you! :goodvibes

Heh. Whoops. Sorry bout that.

Actually... yes.

I know. I feel awful about it.

In through the eyes and out the brain.

Pretty much. I have all the responses in my head, they just get shuffled to the back by the end of the day. The Chick-fil-a thing made me lol, as that's our go-to option when we don't feel like cooking and just want something quick. And I'm pretty sure my branch is responsible for at least 50% of the business of the one around the corner.

Annie? You just made my day.

I try. I always tell people I'm one of the nicest people you'll meet, I just happen to be very sarcastic. They never believe me.....

No, but my hubby was a little annoyed.

"Why are you reading that crap???"

I honestly only read each chapter, but I’m a speed reader.

That's what the links are for.
I get that not everyone
wants to or can read all the comments.

I also read during my kids’ swim team and swim lesson times. They start at 4:15 and end at 8, 3 nights a week. The other two nights it’s just my oldest. I travel back and forth dropping off and picking up and making dinner for each kiddo, but I do have some time to just sit also.

Sit?

What is this "sit" that you speak of?

Seriously... Holy cow that sounds exhausting!

You must remember those days!

Ohhhhh, yes.

Sorry, but it’s not like I got an invite. I just crashed the party at the end.

I have sent out PMs in the past...
but... it felt... uncomfortable.
"Hi! I haven't spoken to you
in over a year and I barely know you,
but you did post once so I'm bugging you now."

I do know that some want the heads up.
I try to always post a link to the next TR
at the end of the last one.

I agree. It’s so hard. That and allergies are a reason I won’t get a pet.

That would do it all right.

Great!! :goodvibes

We went in September after you. I did a lot of research before going. We also saw the shuttle Endeavor at the Science Museum.

Cool!!

I keep trying to attach photos, but it says the file is too large. I can try from the computer tomorrow. If you have any tips let me know.

If you're trying to post photos from a phone
it will almost always tell you it's too large.
Open the photo, click the edit button
(on mine it's either top right or
bottom left.)
Crop the photo down...
With practice you'll know how much.
Then it will fit.
If it doesn't... you didn't crop enough.

Much more settled. There is a lot to get used to. The saying “everything is bigger in Texas” is not a lie. The traffic is also rough, although the weather is amazing. No snow equals a happy wife. We have a pool and the kids love it.

<sigh>.... no snow....
That sounds... heavenly.

Heh. Whoops. Sorry bout that.

I'm not sorry.
I really enjoyed it!

I know. I feel awful about it.

Don't!
Life gets in the way.
It happens.

As long as I know you're okay,
I'm happy.

Pretty much. I have all the responses in my head, they just get shuffled to the back by the end of the day.

Back of the head.
If we open it up,
all that stuff will come
tumbling out.

The Chick-fil-a thing made me lol, as that's our go-to option when we don't feel like cooking and just want something quick. And I'm pretty sure my branch is responsible for at least 50% of the business of the one around the corner.

One of these days,
I'll try one.
Maybe in April?

I should!

I try. I always tell people I'm one of the nicest people you'll meet, I just happen to be very sarcastic. They never believe me.....

I believe you.
I agree that you're one
of the nicest people I've met.

ZZUB hasn't written a trip report in many years. He had a great love for Disney and Alabama, but I didn't hold it against him (I'm an LSU Tiger fan). He stopped writing reports and I think started a blog. I know @GreatBiscuit remembers his reports. I learned the term "number 4" from him.
Howdy! Long time no see! And yes I do remember it well!

So... "number 4"?
The Number 4 story was literally the funniest thing I have ever read.

EVER.

You can find it here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-battle-for-my-wallet-iv-return-of-the-zzubs-addendum-p-85-07-12.1268153/page-49#post-18152387

Is it worthwhile to keep writing?
Perhaps it's getting stale for you,
dear reader.

Perhaps it's time to let other,
more talented and more fresh
writers have their say.
I'll leave it up to you.
Nope please don't stop writing. I love reading about people's trips to Disney and far away places and you are one of the good storytellers.
I am a late reader to your reports but have enjoyed them and I think I have played along with the contests for your last 2 reports. I like the interaction between your readers.

Score
Steppesister - 1,550
Captain_Oblivious - 1,425
franandaj - 1,370
MeghanEmily - 1,365
juniorbugman - 1,290
Well I made a valiant effort to catch up but congratulations @Steppesister and now @Captain_Oblivious for your win.
I guess I really don't need to win (even though I wish I could have) because I can walk to any store here and buy Canadian chocolate bars but my favourite chocolate bar actually comes from Great Britain and I can't walk there. I have to shop the British Isle shoppes to purchase my Milky Way bars.

And thank you to all
who played along!
I love playing the contests now on your reports.

Saw 1-15, 2-30, 3-50, 4-75
5-100, 6-130, 7-160, 8-200
9-250, 10-300
Boy I looked and looked and thought that I was doing great finding 8. Sneaky.

@ZZUB's first trip report is what got me hooked on reading trip reports. I enjoy your trip reports @pkondz but I totally get that they are work and I don't comment near enough. Take a break if you need to but please don't stop writing them forever.

Nope please don't stop writing. I love reading about people's trips to Disney and far away places and you are one of the good storytellers.

Thank you! :)

I am a late reader to your reports but have enjoyed them and I think I have played along with the contests for your last 2 reports. I like the interaction between your readers.

I like the interaction too!
It's why I'm here. :)

Well I made a valiant effort to catch up

::yes::

I guess I really don't need to win (even though I wish I could have) because I can walk to any store here and buy Canadian chocolate bars but my favourite chocolate bar actually comes from Great Britain and I can't walk there. I have to shop the British Isle shoppes to purchase my Milky Way bars.

Well... I had thought about
doing something if a Canadian
should win.

I love playing the contests now on your reports.

I'm glad you do!
Never quite sure if people
enjoy it or tolerate it.

Boy I looked and looked and thought that I was doing great finding 8. Sneaky.

Yup!

So you're not going to answer my question? I guess I'll have to wait until April when i show you the address on my phone.
Didn't I answer it?
I wrote this:

Hmmm... Well, if you Google mapped it, you'll see that the next street also
has a nautical name.
I think just a name.
fairly close to water.

That wasn't what you were asking?

@ZZUB's first trip report is what got me hooked on reading trip reports. I enjoy your trip reports @pkondz but I totally get that they are work and I don't comment near enough. Take a break if you need to but please don't stop writing them forever.
Thanks.
I'm definitely being swayed in
one particular direction.

And it's appreciated.

I may not always be able to comment or keep up, but I absolutely LOVE your TR's. Your quirky sense of humor is right on par with mine! I get that they are a lot of work and appriciate so much the time peeps put into them. Your pictures are just amazing and I love looking for Marvin and all your Pkondz Air advertisments! If you decide to take a break, I get that, but want you to know it will be greatly missed. There are a handful of TR's that I look forward to checking every couple of days and sometimes even hang on the edge of my seat to read them, and yours are on that list. What ever you decide to do, I hope it is what's best for you.

Didn't I answer it?
I wrote this:

Hmmm... Well, if you Google mapped it, you'll see that the next street also
has a nautical name.
I think just a name.
fairly close to water.

That wasn't what you were asking?

Technically what I was asking was "does your street name have anything to do with the word 'Peninsular'?'" Sorry to be so blunt. Hope I didn't reveal anything.

Last edited:
I may not always be able to comment or keep up, but I absolutely LOVE your TR's. Your quirky sense of humor is right on par with mine!

Thank you! :)

I get that they are a lot of work and appriciate so much the time peeps put into them.

They are a bit of work.
I totally get why so many
just fade away and aren't finished.

Your pictures are just amazing and I love looking for Marvin and all your Pkondz Air advertisments!

Glad you do! :)

If you decide to take a break, I get that, but want you to know it will be greatly missed. There are a handful of TR's that I look forward to checking every couple of days and sometimes even hang on the edge of my seat to read them, and yours are on that list.

Thank you... again!

What ever you decide to do, I hope it is what's best for you.

Starting to lean...
towards writing.
But it will not be right away.

I've finished one only to start
the next immediately.
A small break maybe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter