Canadian Hopper Deal Started Oct 15th

Grover,

Exchange or no exchange, our spirits are high as well with less then 3 weeks to travel. I'll be interested to hear how you make out with your Disney Store contact. I can understand that TDS can't exchange/return tickets because they have no system to verify if a ticket has been used or not. But I remember reading on Deb Wills site about how WDW can read tickets and provide some exchange service on partially used tickets (I'll have to go dig that up now...before a spread mis-information). Also noticed a note on the mousesavers site about a Canadian reader stating they were able to use these ticket right away. I tell you, that Mary stays on top of things! Let us know how you make out.

DH of Inga

Yeah I saw Mary's web site, what got my attention was the "character breakfast voucher"- now I know I'm fortune just to be getting the deal (boy if I could wave my magic wand and get the deals straighten out for all of you, I surely would) and I'm happy if that's all I get. but what's this about the voucher, has anyone whose booked through CAA or a travel agent received them...or is this another great Disney mystery?

:Pinkbounc :bounce: grover,countryduck,disneyfan,inga "Hey Dude we're getting to Disney!" -Steve the Dell guy

I could be opening myself up for a thrashing but.... I am a cast member at TDS. I last worked on Monday night and there was no info in the store about the Cdn promotion. I know that it was supposed to have started on Oct 15th, but our store has received nothing. I feel everyone's frustration. One of the reasons that I love working at TDS is being about to talk to guests about going to WDW. I had a guest come in on Monday night asking for the 4 Day hopper (a pass TDS in Canada doesn't sell) and she told me that CRO told her that she could buy that particular pass at TDS in Canada. I felt horrible because she was given wrong info and there was nothing I could do. I wish we would get info when we need it. As sad as it is, the only info about the Cdn pass promo that I have was found on this site. I am really hoping that we have some new info when I work tomorrow night because it's as frustrating for us as cast members as it is for all of our guests.

Alright, I went into work today and we finally have received the info on the Cdn Promo. Although it is still being call "Buy one at full price, get companion pass at 1/2 price", it doesn't seem actually be that. WDW has told us that the passes are actually 25% off. The 7 day PHP Cdn promo pass is $385 (and change) for each adult pass and passes have to be bought in twos. No single promo pass purchases. I'm not 100% sure if I have the exact price, but it's around $385 cdn. I can't remember the child price. Single passes or a 3rd (5th, 7th, 9th etc.) pass will be charged the regular 7 day price of $471 cdn. It's kinda confusing, so I can help if someone has a specific question or call your TDS for more info. At least we have the info now.

I made a whole lot of headway today speaking with the manager at TDS-different person than yesterday. He was great, he listened to everything I had to say,was friendly and polite,didn't try to make any excuses and said he would look into it which he did and he called me back with in half a hour. Ended up talking with him a couple times today. I totally appreciated his attitude and he fully understood my point and where I was coming from. I now have to make a decision on what I want to do and get back to him tomorrow. I have not had time to call Disney again today regarding the passes they are selling for use right away. They will not have these passes available at TDS,in fact they will not even be getting there passes in until next week,they did rec' more info but he said they are still waiting on the price increase info, he spoke with the person who is the Liason btw TDS and Disney. When I called Disney yesterday they told me that the passes would have to be mailed to me, they do not have "will call" as these passes are not sold at the parks or resorts. I told him that 2 people had confirmations stating otherwise-his advice on this was to reconfirm as it didn't seem right -he sounded very leary of this and had the same response from the liason however he agreed that the right hand doesn't always know what the left is doing. My problem with mailing is that they probably will not get here in time. So he said that under the circumstances they would take my regular passes back for a refund but it is up to me to get the new ones from Disney. I am leaning towards just keeping my passes as I don't think the mail will get here in time and I don't want any potentional hassels if I am told to pick them up at Disney. CountryDuck and MaMMuduck-please reconfirm what you have to avoid any problems that may come up-out of all the people I have spoken with this fellow seems to be the most informed and actually spent time seeking out the correct info. It is to bad that they didn't have these "now valid passes" at TDS-would make this all so much easier! Anyways just had to share as I know you all understand what this type of thing means to use disney folk!

Ohh and I never did ask about the character breakkie,is this something that just travel agents/caa offers-he did tell me that sometimes agencies negotiate there own deals with disney-perhaps that is where this coming from.

Grover in Winnipeg
:)

The dates are as follows:
The passes are available at the stores now (at least at my store)
The passes are valid starting November 15th and must be purchased by April 30, 2003. They expire May 15, 2003.

There was no information about any character breakfast. I will double check this tomorrow, but I didn't see anything. I know there were vouchers last year, but it is possible that they aren't included in the promo this year.

Hope this helps!

Hi guys: I ordered a bunch of passes today for clients from WOV and was told they DO NOT include a character breaky this year. 25% off each pass, did not have to be bought in pairs.

Different outlets must be doing slightly different promos then. I am almost 100% sure that at TDS, we are only selling passes in pairs at 25% off. I'm gonna double check on that tomorrow as well. I know there has been a lot of confusion on the passes, what they include and the price. I wish we could straighten this all out.

I will definately reconfirm, which I had planned, with all this confusion in getting them, I'm not chancing it down at WDW. that 's actually why I made the send me the the faxed, so it's not "she said & I was told" when I get there, I have what I was told on paper.

I leave Christmas day for 10 days at WDW.(this is are first ever trip to WDW) I've been reading the posts about the Canadian deal which I'm thrilled about. This will be a big savings. Now can anyone answer this question for me. It states you have to be a Canadian resident to use the 7 day park hopper deal. I'm Canadian, our sons Canadian, but my fiance is American. We live in Fort Erie right on the Us border my fiance is originally from Buffalo. He is in the process of getting his Canadian papers. What should I do? Or better yet what can I do? Any suggestions or comments would be appreicated. And for the record my fiance owns a house in Canada that we all live in. Does this help?:confused: :confused: :confused:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Update:

Just called WDW ticket services 407-566-4985. The ticket deal is being advertised to start NOV 15th but, because some vendors had started selling them as being good as of OCT 15th. WDW has activated all tickets with the code to be vailid now.

Ticet code is on!:Pinkbounc

We will be able to pick up out tickets at any Park Guest Services (not at resorts):confused: by Will Call.

I don't want to know what my phone bill is going to be. :mad:

At least I feel sure that we will have tickets when we get there.

KAREN55555

I would call WDW Ticket Services 1-404-566-4985 and ask them about the Canadian Deal. It sounds like they actually have the right info. ;)

EvilQueen: Can one get a Disney Club discount on these too?
And would you mind posting the Child price? It is a long-distance call for me to Disney Store and an hour's drive.

I was at Disney Store on Thanksgiving weekend (get there maybe twice a year) to pick up Birnbaum's "For Kids by Kids" for 4 year old's upcoming 5th Bday. I got my DC discount not the great deal grover got AND the pins & lanyards were NOT $3.00 as in Mississauga or I would have bought those too. It is absolutely amazing to me the amount of misinformation & inconsistencies over this Cdn deal and the sales throughout the Disney Store chain. Between that and all the inconsistencies with CRO calls this consumer's confidence is pretty shaken. Don't think I'll be buying any stock. Just spending several thousand there this winter! LOL!

Looks hopeful that this deal will work for you November people though. We actually decided on a January trip over a early December trip because we knew there was uncertainty over whether the Cdn deal if it came through would apply before January. It was our deciding factor.

Countryduck- That is great!! It looks like you and MaMuduck will have nothing to worry about!! Ohh the hoop we have to jump thru!! I wonder what would happen if I just bought the CDN deal hoppers here when they get them in next week instead of trying to deal with disney-I wonder if those ones will be valid to???

I am sooo excited,two weeks from today I will be in WDW!!! You guys must so happy too!

Grover in Winnipeg:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I asked the lady at Ticket services and seem implied that all ticket with the Canadian Deal are coded the same way and are valid now.
If I was you I would call The ticket services I gave and ask them.

All I need to pick up the tickets at the gates is the ticket tracking number and my name.
It souunds like all the tickets for this deal are coded with the same number and that number is turned on.:D

I now need to think about what I am going to take with us. I think next time time will go through a travel agent!;) Nov 2nd is coming fast!:bounce:

CdnMom2:
Nope... there is no Disney Club discount on the 7 Day PHP Cdn promo passes. I will have to get back to you on the child price though. I won't be going into work until tonight, but I'll make sure to check on this promo again.

Evilqueen-- Can you check and see if the tickets sold at TDS will be valid for use right away as per Countyduck's post or if the tickets need to come from Disney-perhaps I could just exchange my tickets here then when they get them in--
Thanks
Grover in Winnipeg
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter