Canadian Hopper Deal Started Oct 15th

Everything you posted was EXCATELY the same as I was told by CRO, -so that goes to proves 2 people can truely get the same the answer from Disney :rolleyes: (but maybe only once).

Grover- what if you buy the CDN specials and hold onto your 7PHP since they never expire and use them next year or sell them to someone that you know( oh but that is a lot of money to tie up isn't it?)-just a thought.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: I'm sooooooo excited only 10 days to go.

The saga continues.......

LOL-you know you are disney obsessed when.....

Okay to be serious, I called DC just now to enquire about the CND deal passes,she confirmed what our two "ducks" here have said!! If you buy the passes thru Disney they are valid Oct 15, you can pick them up will call at any park, here are the prices in USD
1st adult 325.44,
second adult 162.72,
3rd adult 244.04,
did not get children's prices.

She said if I wanted a confirmation I would have to call ticket services after ordering/paying for passes. TDS here still doesn't have there passes in,I was kind of hoping they would and that they would have this new info/restrictions/date.

So not sure what the visa exchange rate is right now--I think I will wait it out a few days and see if any new ifno arrives with the passes when they get to TDS here.

Grover in Winnipeg
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Grover,

I would wait as long as you can to see what they are going to do at your Disney Store. You can always order them from Disney right before you go and pick them up there.

No matter what, it seems we are all going to Disney very shotly!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We have our rental car booked, passes, and resorts reservations all taken care of, we just need to get there!
Air Canada called and delayed our trip back by three hours:mad:

I'm sure the deal says for "CANadian RESIDENCE"- so I DFiance would qualitify as he lives in Canada. The ID check would be something with your home address and not citizenship.

Any idea when they ask for ID and any idea what kind of ID they ask for. DFiance still has US licence. Do you think a utility bill would be sufficient. This is our first WDW experience so excuse my ignorance since I literally have know idea about what I'm doing.

Since I'm here can I ask if this Canadian park hopper pass deal is available at the CAA if your not a CAA member. I plan on getting my tickets next week. Hopefully things will be straight then.

Christmas in WDW:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: Here we come:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I am just catching up on this thread. Sound promising to get in on the deal.

Grover - I am still unclear what you are doing with your regular 7 day hoppers? Are you going to exchange/refund at TDS or do this down in WDW? As you stated already, mail from WDW really isn't an option at this point so need to a) buy them up front and pick up at WDW or b) try to do the same at TDS.

If I go down this path, I really don't 2 sets of tickets (price increase or no price increase). I want to make sure I can get a refund or exchange (at WDW or TDS).What are you going to do?

DH of Inga

PS: CountryDuck - Any idea if the Dartmouth TDS staff is as educated on this issue as in Winnipeg?

i think if YOU have a a canadian drivers lience, you'll be able to buy all the tickets anyway, I don't think Fiance needs to show ID.(where does his US lience show him living)..anyone else just jump in if thats wrong....
As for CAA, i'm not sure if they'll sell non-members the tickets but they might because they do arrange travel for non-members. Call both the Disney Store & CAA and compare prices & the way they structure the deal. CAA has always quoted me in U.S prices & sometimes after the exchange you'll find TDS are cheaper.

grover & countryduck- What did you mean by
you can pick them up will call at any park"- WILL CALL?
does that means -I will call and get the infomation ahead of time.....please explain.

Grover:
TDS has a policy not to exchange or refund passes whether you buy them at the store or order them from WDW. There is no way to check if they have been used. My store has the Cdn promo passes in now, and the info that we have been given says that they are not valid until Nov 15th. WDW may be allowing them to be used now, but I'm not sure. Another thing that is different this year is that passes can be bought through WDW. In previous years, the Cdn promo was only available for purchase in Canada and you couldn't buy them once you got down there.

Inga- Dartmouth WDS has no more info than your Winnepeg store, except to say that they are waiting for the pass prices to increase in cost!

Mamaduck- As for the term "Will Call" I think it means that you can pick up your passes at any ticket outlet around Disney.

Anyone else with a better explanation??

Will Call means that you will pick your tickets up at guest services at the parks!

I still haven't had time to check what the exchange rate would be on my visa-does anyone here know what I would be paying CND if I bought the passes for 700.00 USD (sorry had to round the number off-couldn't remember exact price) and charged them to my visa? Right now I am the CND deal means a savings of 245.00 for me, but if I am going to lose alot more on the exchange I need to factor that in .

Thanks!!

Grover in Winnipeg
:) :)

hello i just spoke to the CAA and you don't have to be a member in order to purchase these tickets- does anyone know if the CAA is an official seller of disney tickets- i guess what i am saying - are these tickets legit

i am also on the phone right now with WDW and they are trying to tell me there is no such special going on for half price on second 7 day hopper- i know this is wrong as why would CAA be selling them that way.....boy this does get frustrating sometime

by, the way to to http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi
for currency converter

lisa:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Well, I said I wasn't going to pursue it but,I did.

My dilema was that I had purchased 5 day PHP's instead of the 7 day promotion because it wasn't supposed to be valid until Nov. 15th.and I need the passes earlier. I e-mailed WDW to see if I could exchange my tickets now that we know the passes are in fact valid now.

This is the response.

"It is true that the valid dates of the current Canadian companion promotion have been changed from "Nov. 15, 2002 through April 30, 2003" to be "now through April 30, 2003" due to certain challenges.

"Please inquire at the location from which you purchased your 5-day passes regarding that locations return/exchange policies.

Communications center
Walt Disney World Center

So, basically I am out of luck because The Disney Store will not exchange them.

Anyway, I tried. No matter what, we are still very excited about our upcoming vacation and know we're going to have a great time.

Why don't you try Giving your WDS a copy of WDW's response?
At least they can see for themselves that someone has made some mistakes in advertising. :mad:
Why give up now! It can't hurt to keep trying.:)

disney funseeker - We are in the exact same boat....5 day hoppers in hand and no way to exchange/refund them here.

I was in the Dartmouth (Nova Scotia) Disney store tonight and was given the guest services number. The CM received an email with the status of the tickets (i.e. good to use now) and to give the guest services number if anyone had any questions. The good news here is that this store knew about the issue with the dates!

OK...called Guest Services

They under stood the 'catch 22' here....can't refund in Canada, can't upgrade/exchange to Canadian tickets in WDW. He recommended ticket services (like in some previous post). The number was (407)566-4985.........their fax number is (407) 566-5645. I left a message because is was after business hours. The good news they are open tomorrow (sat). Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow.

DH of Inga

quote "The CM received an email with the status of the tickets (i.e. good to use now) and to give the guest services number if anyone had any questions."

DH of Inga-So TDS rec'd info that the passes they are selling are good to use now-no more waiting until the 15th??? I didn't talk to anyone at TDS here today so I don't know what new info if any they have-I was kind of hoping they would get the info that the passes they are now selling here in Canada are good for use immediately-please let me know!

Grover in Winnipeg
:)

grover,

The CM at TDS told she knew about the mix-up of dates an that the Canadian pass are valid now (i.e. no waiting til the 15th). This came in an email to them directly.....it was printed out near the cash for reference. This store got there tickets/package this past Wednesday. With this thread and the CM's at the TDS, I am pretty confident that buying the CDN 7 day PHP will work now in WDW.

Still need to see what the best way to get rid of our existing 5 day PHP (in your case 7 day PHP). I am not sure I want to hold on to 4 tickets ( $1445 ) for the next trip.....it could be same time as the next CND deal. Will see how it plays out with ticket services.

I thought the TDS in Winnipeg will refund your tickets??.....the Dartmouth store won't at this point (I didn't push it). Even guest services says you have a 50/50 chance to a refund at WDW......it is policy thing as you already know all too well. It is too bad because our purchase decision was based on the first information received (on the 7 day deal) and to avoid any price increase (you know its coming.....but you are not sure when...)

DH of Inga

DH of Inga

Inga,

I'm glad you went into the Dartmouth store. Maybe they will realize that customers can be right at times! ;) I've done my fair share of retail so I know that they were just passing along the information that the had but, you would think that they would have checked this out alot sooner with WDW.

I'm glad for these forums.....:cool:

Hi-I have been following these posts closely as we are heading for disney Nov3-10th. I just called our Disney store and they quoted $386 CND including taxes per adult, and $310 per child-tickets effective immediately. YAHOO!!!;) :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Inga,

This might interest you.

Today I called the Disney Store. Confirmed that passes are valid now.

spoke with the manager, about possible exchange of 5 day PHP to the 7 day pass.
Although, not the normal policy, she would like to help me out BUT can not do so without the backing of the district manager. She thinks the DM will back her up and is e-mailing him/her. I will not know until Monday.
Still keeping my fingers crossed because I know this is still a touch and go situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter