Cancellation Refund Delays

I cancelled a room at royal pacific on 10/23, still nothing back yet, so I called the number posted in this thread, reached someone who said it was in process and she will manually process it. She said it would be back on my card in 2-10 business days. Strange they're still having this issue, but I'm thankful for these forums for the guidance.

I cancelled a room at royal pacific on 10/23, still nothing back yet, so I called the number posted in this thread, reached someone who said it was in process and she will manually process it. She said it would be back on my card in 2-10 business days. Strange they're still having this issue, but I'm thankful for these forums for the guidance.
Yeah - they have said it was system issues back in August after an upgrade and that it is now fixed - but its not.
They have told me its fixed more than once.

If anyone starts getting there refunds back in 10 business days without calling it would be good to hear.
I know I have said this already - but 10 business days is far too long when Disney does it in a day or two.
Same for Marriott and Hilton.

I really wish the hotels were run by someone other than Lowes - Lowes was great when they had a loyalty program but now not so much. Hilton and Marriott are not as good as they once were - but the loyalty program they have is better than nothing.

Hopefully they will get acquired by one of the larger chains at some point.

I just canceled and rebooked a room on 11/22. The refund on the original reservation is pending as of today. Just adding a data point. I did however have a room for January that never charged, I have since canceled and rebooked AP rate and that one did charge.

hey, is this still happening, or are they back to normal timeframes for refunds? I want to make a couple of reservations for spring break, but totally unsure right now which night we'll need, or even if we're going. Before I book 2 separate premier nights, just wondering how long refunds are taking on cancellations, if anyone has cancelled recently,
thanks in advance.

hey, is this still happening, or are they back to normal timeframes for refunds? I want to make a couple of reservations for spring break, but totally unsure right now which night we'll need, or even if we're going. Before I book 2 separate premier nights, just wondering how long refunds are taking on cancellations, if anyone has cancelled recently,
thanks in advance.
I just cancelled yesterday I’ll update when the refund posts to my credit card.

Still happening. I disputed on my CC and they refunded the next day. Weird thing was it showed up pending for several days then disappeared. I disputed a few days after that. What a joke.

Sill happening…I had a reservation that I cancelled and rebooked a few weeks ago. Ten days later, nothing was showing up, so I just filed an online dispute with the credit card. They had me credited the next day and I heard or seen anything else, so I guess that worked.

I canceled a resv by phone on 1/9 and didn't receive the credit until 2/3. On 2/1, I canceled a different resv online and that credit showed up a few hours later on my cc account. However, it's still pending and I'm getting concerned that it's still in a pending status so I don't actually have the credit yet.

I had to cancel and rebook 4 reservations over the last 3 months. Very random refund schedule! 2 reservations took over a month to get the refund. 1 refund took about 2 days. Another 1 took about 2 weeks. No rhyme or reason. I never called on any of them. I wanted to wait and see lol.

Thanks all. I went ahead and booked one night anway, we'll see.....I might do another one just in case, but of course the rates went up, haha, Currently planning a split stay w Disney, but really wishing I could flip flop those days. Thanks!

Patience has never been one of my virtues.....of course, after I made my reservation yesterday, some DVC rooms opened up early in the week, (if I'd just waited until today...) and we shifted our Disney portion to be first, (now I"ll be on site with easy access to the Rick Springfield concert ,) then Universal....So i'll be cancelling Sunday night, and since I didn't book Thursday night , I'll just keep stalking the AP rates site and hope something changes. I chose patience for that part, and it came back to bite me. I'll see how long the refund takes. It'll be fun no matter what! It's Carnival Time!

Patience has never been one of my virtues.....of course, after I made my reservation yesterday, some DVC rooms opened up early in the week, (if I'd just waited until today...) and we shifted our Disney portion to be first, (now I"ll be on site with easy access to the Rick Springfield concert ,) then Universal....So i'll be cancelling Sunday night, and since I didn't book Thursday night , I'll just keep stalking the AP rates site and hope something changes. I chose patience for that part, and it came back to bite me. I'll see how long the refund takes. It'll be fun no matter what! It's Carnival Time!
lol never fails

FYI - So I have had several cancelation and rebooks over the last several weeks and I have had no issues with refunds at all. They have been so much quicker I'm not even sure how long it took, but its less than the 10 business days.

EDIT: I went back and it showed as Pending withing 2-3 days - so it is very much improved in my experience

Last edited:
Here's an odd situation: I had (and still have) a reservation for 4 at Royal Pacific. Then, my younger son said he couldn't make it. Instead of modifying and not getting the refunded difference until check-in, I made a reservation for 3, figuring I'd just cancel the one I've had for months for 4. Before I had a chance to cancel the one for 4, my son changed his mind and decided he could make it after all. So, instead of canceling the 4, I canceled the reservation for 3 that I had just made within the hour. This was all last week. I've been waiting to get my refund for the 3 person reservation and just noticed that I wasn't ever charged for it when I made it. I'm guessing since it was made and canceled all within the same hour that the payment never processed, instead of processing and then refunding. So, I think I'm all set...

I've had a few that never charged (even after a few weeks in one case). Those ones never refund back either ;)

Mine would have too!

I had several AP reservations going at the time so it took a while sorting back through to establish that I didn't get charged a deposit on that one, and that I had gotten refunds for all the ones that I a deposit on. Gotta start a spreadsheet next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter