Cancelling a Trip, what will I lose?

apxstitch

Mouseketeer
I'm just not feeling my upcoming trip and was wondering what happens to my purchased tickets if I don't go? I'm still within the hotel cancellation window but I purchased a 2 day base ticket and an After Hours event ticket?

How much money am I going to lose? I purchased economy basic airfare so I'm pretty sure that will be a loss as will the medical/trip coverage I purchased.

Anything else I'm going to potentially take a loss on?

The base ticket will retain the value you paid for it indefinitely. That is to say that if you paid say $220 for it, in the future it will basically function as a $220 off coupon for another ticket purchase.

PS I have no idea what happens to the after hours pass; you may want to ask on the After Hours thread.

The after hours passes are technically non refundable I believe. I've heard of them being nice and refunding them.

Call and ask if your After Hours ticket can be exchanged for a Disney gift card or something similar. They aren't required to do that, but they might be nice. When I had to cancel MVMCP tickets a few years ago, I called to ask for that, and they gave me an out and out refund instead. So you might get lucky.

The ticket is no big deal - whatever you paid for it sticks around.

The plane ticket - depends on the airline and their policies.

After Hours ticket - I think those are non-refundable - but it doesn't hurt to call and ask if they can do anything.

Thank you everyone. My husband is not feeling well but he is insistent that I still go. I'm worried about him and don't know if I'll be able to have fun with all the stress and worrying.

I would think they would work with you on the tickets. Depending on your airline you might lose that, but they might work with you also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter