Cancelling one person from a package reservation

Graciegirl5

Mouseketeer
We booked a package for May 2019. There is a small possibility one person won't be able to go. Can I still cancel just one person off of the package prior to the 30 day deadline without a problem. I'm trying to get the price locked in before the tickets increase. I was able to do this in 2015, but I wasn't sure if the rules had changed. Thanks!

UPDATED QUESTION: Our situation is the person in question is DS20's girlfriend. I assume they will still be together then, but would like the flexibility to remove her from the trip if necessary. Does anyone have any advice about the best way to get this flexibility without having to pay ticket increase or room increase? Or is there just no other option available? Thanks!

Last edited:
We booked a package for May 2019. There is a small possibility one person won't be able to go. Can I still cancel just one person off of the package prior to the 30 day deadline without a problem. I'm trying to get the price locked in before the tickets increase. I was able to do this in 2015, but I wasn't sure if the rules had changed. Thanks!
I am pretty sure that if you make any changes to your package after the prices change then Disney can charge you the current (higher) ticket prices. But you may want to double check that.

I am pretty sure that if you make any changes to your package after the prices change then Disney can charge you the current (higher) ticket prices. But you may want to double check that.

This is my understanding as well.

Ok, thanks. I know I was able to do it without a price increase in 2017, but maybe I just got a very nice CM on the phone.

Bump for updated question.

UPDATED QUESTION: Our situation is the person in question is DS20's girlfriend. I assume they will still be together then, but would like the flexibility to remove her from the trip if necessary. Does anyone have any advice about the best way to get this flexibility without having to pay ticket increase or room increase? Or is there just no other option available? Thanks!

Last edited:

The only option I can think of to avoid rate increases and to give you the flexibility to add a person later would be to cancel your package and book a room only reservation. You would buy the tickets separately, either from Disney or a third party seller. Then you can add someone later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter