• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Candlelight Processional Dining package 2017 Watch -partial Narrator list updated Aug 25th

Has anyone heard when the rest of the narators list will come out? Still waiting for december 11.

Last year, they didn't have all the dates filled in until about 2-3 weeks out. It was so frustrating.

Edited to add: Did some research for 2016. While the majority were announced by late October, it wasn't until mid-November that the final December 7 - 9 narrator was announced - Anthony Mackie. That was my exact timeframe, of course, and that is who I saw - which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Last edited:

My daughter made the cast member choir, so we were able to snag an ADR for the Tokyo Dining Candlelight Package. What was odd was when I tried through the app, it didn't show up, but on the desktop site it did.

I booked 2 packages so far, I won't know until about 2 weeks or possibly up to a day or 2 before if the 3rd person can make it. Is it like a regular ADR where it doesn't make a difference if I show up with one less?

Is there any way to figure out what is included in each dining package? If it is a buffet, that is fairly straightforward. For the other restaurants, does the dining package include an appetizer, entree, and dessert? I am thinking of surprising my DD with this for our trip in December!

I booked 2 packages so far, I won't know until about 2 weeks or possibly up to a day or 2 before if the 3rd person can make it. Is it like a regular ADR where it doesn't make a difference if I show up with one less?

I would call WDW and ask. I'm guessing since it includes the show that you may still get charged. It would be worth asking in advance. Though, if the cancellation policy is the same as a regular ADR, you could still cancel 24 hours in advance.

Is there any way to figure out what is included in each dining package? If it is a buffet, that is fairly straightforward. For the other restaurants, does the dining package include an appetizer, entree, and dessert? I am thinking of surprising my DD with this for our trip in December!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/epcot/candlelight-dinner-packages/

Click on "Dining Package Pricing"...
Candlelight Processional dining packages include appetizer, entrée, dessert and non-alcoholic beverage at select full-service restaurants (or 1 full buffet where applicable).

I would call WDW and ask. I'm guessing since it includes the show that you may still get charged. It would be worth asking in advance. Though, if the cancellation policy is the same as a regular ADR, you could still cancel 24 hours in advance.

Thanks, I did call the other day but I was on hold so long I hung up. I figured I had time to figure it out.

We've seen Chita Rivera, Trace Adkins and our favorite Neil Patrick Harris...would love to book for this December again...Hoping to work out a quick visit before Christmas!

Looking forward to Neil Patrick Harris this year. We saw Jim Caviezel last year for our first CP and cannot wait to go again this year!

I don't know which restaurant you have booked. But for what it's worth, here's my experience. We had a CP package booked at Chef's of France in December 2015. Unfortunately, I got a horrible respiratory infection on the trip. I was able to do some park time, but between the coughing & all the meds I was taking, I had no appetite. But my DH was fine & hungry for a big meal. We kept the reservation, but I was not up to staying for the show a few hours later. I asked the waitress if we were obligated to pay for the package or if we could just order & pay for a regular meal. She said that was no problem at all. My DH had an appetizer & entree while I just soup & salad. We did not get show tickets & we were just charged for what we ordered. Since this is not a prepaid meal, I think you will be fine showing up with one less.

I don't know which restaurant you have booked. But for what it's worth, here's my experience. We had a CP package booked at Chef's of France in December 2015. Unfortunately, I got a horrible respiratory infection on the trip. I was able to do some park time, but between the coughing & all the meds I was taking, I had no appetite. But my DH was fine & hungry for a big meal. We kept the reservation, but I was not up to staying for the show a few hours later. I asked the waitress if we were obligated to pay for the package or if we could just order & pay for a regular meal. She said that was no problem at all. My DH had an appetizer & entree while I just soup & salad. We did not get show tickets & we were just charged for what we ordered. Since this is not a prepaid meal, I think you will be fine showing up with one less.
Thanks, I should know by the time I get down there so I will go to concierge if I need to drop 1 person & the app won't let me. That's what I just did on this past trip for regular ADRs.

I have an ADR at the Rose & Crown. I see that I get an appetizer, entree, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage. Is this a set price?

We have an ADR at Chefs de France for the 6:45 showing. Narrator TBA.

Yes, it is a set price that varies with each restaurant. Lunch and breakfast will be a bit cheaper than dinner.

Disney has released more narrators:
TBD – November 24 to 26, 2017
  • NEW! Matt Bomer – November 27 to 28, 2017
  • TBD – November 29 to 30, 2017
  • Whoopi Goldberg – December 1 to 3, 2017
  • Pat Sajak – December 4 to 5, 2017
  • TBD – December 6 to 8, 2017
  • TBD – December 9 to 11, 2017
  • NEW! Warwick Davis – December 12 to 14, 2017
  • Trace Adkins – December 15 to 17, 2017
  • Neil Patrick Harris – December 18 to 21, 2017
  • CCH Pounder – December 22 to 24, 2017
  • Jaci Velasquez – December 25 to 27, 2017
  • Chandra Wilson – December 28 to 30, 2017

Of course our date is still TBD :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter