Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

FYI, we had family with reservations last Thanksgiving and they thought they would be open then! I won't believe they are opening until they day they actually open. Make back up reservations if you have CC reservations, because they don't mean anything.

Just saw someone's comment on FB with a screenshot from their cancellation email. It said they won't be able to open in Aug or Sept.
There goes my hope for September 1st stay....
Dessert Inn and Suites it is then....
Thanks for the update....

wow it is taking such a long time.

We have October reservations and thankfully we have a back up hotel booked.

So glad we have a backup plan! Haven't received our cancellation yet, but expecting it any day!

Just received cancellation notice for Sep 7-12 D23 weekend....

I understand construction delays, but it seems deceptive for CC Inn to be constantly taking reservations, only to cancel a month or two before, leaving people to rebook elsewhere at much higher rates than they would have paid booking earlier. I could see doing that once because it was unexpected, but they have been doing it to their customers on a rolling basis for over a year now. Are they even warning customers when they book that the reservation is soft and they should book a backup?

On a side note, I wonder how they even stay in business if they have now been closed at least a year longer than they expected. That's so much revenue to have lost, particularly after the pandemic. I'm surprised they didn't remodel blocks of rooms and keep the motel open.

I understand construction delays, but it seems deceptive for CC Inn to be constantly taking reservations, only to cancel a month or two before, leaving people to rebook elsewhere at much higher rates than they would have paid booking earlier. I could see doing that once because it was unexpected, but they have been doing it to their customers on a rolling basis for over a year now. Are they even warning customers when they book that the reservation is soft and they should book a backup?

On a side note, I wonder how they even stay in business if they have now been closed at least a year longer than they expected. That's so much revenue to have lost, particularly after the pandemic. I'm surprised they didn't remodel blocks of rooms and keep the motel open.
I have no problem with it. It is easy to book 2 reservations when booking the Candy Cane. They are free to cancel.

I have no problem with it. It is easy to book 2 reservations when booking the Candy Cane. They are free to cancel.

That's great for those who realize what has been going on. But does the average guest know to book a backup, which isn't normal when making hotel reservations? A quick look at their website and I don't see any indication that this should be done. In fact, the first thing that pops up says "we look forward to welcoming you back summer of 2022." How would anyone who the average person who just goes to the website know to book a backup? I have not problem with it either, but only if they are telling people that the reservation is very soft and backups should be booked. It's the lack of disclosure I am concerned with - it leaves customers in a bad situations. I speak from personal experience from a large group of family members who were staying their last Thanksgiving to join us for a trip and were left scrambling. I was surprised to see this thread and find out they were still doing this to people.

Last edited:
That's great for those who realize what has been going on. But does the average guest know to book a backup, which isn't normal when making hotel reservations? A quick look at their website and I don't see any indication that this should be done. In fact, the first thing that pops up says "we look forward to welcoming you back summer of 2022." How would anyone who the average person who just goes to the website know to book a backup? I have not problem with it either, but only if they are telling people that the reservation is very soft and backups should be booked. It's the lack of disclosure I am concerned with - it leaves customers in a bad situations. I speak from personal experience from a large group of family members who were staying their last Thanksgiving to join us for a trip and were left scrambling. I was surprised to see this thread and find out they were still doing this to people.
They stopped allowing people to make new reservations a couple of months ago, after having to continually cancel. When you attempt to make a reservation, it states "unavailable rate."

In my experience, they haven't actually allowed booking through their website for months. If you try to book...choose dates and check availability...every room type comes up as unavailable, no matter what dates you choose.

I wonder how much their rates will increase. The rates currently listed appear to be the same as they were prior to the closure.

From their FB page today: "After numerous delays it seems as if we will definitely reopen after mid September. We had hoped to have a confirmed reopening date by now but have not finalized it. There are still too many moving pieces for us to confidently confirm a reopening date at this moment. We sincerely apologize for the constant delays as we know that many have been patiently waiting for our comeback. Many have been asking about updates however many of the current items being done are behind the scenes (electrical, plumbing, ventilation etc…). We thank you all for your continued support and are looking forward to updating everyone soon."

From their FB page today: "After numerous delays it seems as if we will definitely reopen after mid September. We had hoped to have a confirmed reopening date by now but have not finalized it. There are still too many moving pieces for us to confidently confirm a reopening date at this moment. We sincerely apologize for the constant delays as we know that many have been patiently waiting for our comeback. Many have been asking about updates however many of the current items being done are behind the scenes (electrical, plumbing, ventilation etc…). We thank you all for your continued support and are looking forward to updating everyone soon."

As much as I wish they would have handled reservations differently, I wish them well. They have offered a good product for a very reasonable price, making it possible for thousands of families to enjoy Disneyland in a very convenient location. The more competition for close hotels, the better for the consumers. When my wife and I were first married, staying here made trips possible on our very tight budget and we made fantastic memories.

Boooo.... I was holding out for a miracle for August. My feet are going to hate me without that sweet Candy Cane Inn shuttle.

It's nice they finally have a definite opening time, even though it's after summer. I can't wait to see the new rooms. Hopefully prices stay close to what they have been.

Where has everyone gone as a back up plan?
I have Suncoast booked for October. as a back up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter