Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

They are running a contest on their Facebook page, the prize is a 2 night stay for up to 4, and the dates are from September 2022-September 2023, they are planning on announcing their Grand Re-Opening next week <3

Candy Cane Inn has a raffle going on. If you guess their opening date you are entered into a raffle to win a free 2 night stay :)

I saw this on their FB page:

❗️
Giveaway Time
❗️

As our Grand Reopening approaches, we wanted to do something nice for our wonderful Candy Cane Inn Family. We are raffling two stays at our newly remodeled hotel.
❤️

👉
To enter this raffle, you must try to guess our exact reopening date.Participants are limited to 2 guesses. If guessed correctly you will be entered in the raffle. Entries will be accepted until Monday the 18th 11:59 pm and 2 winners will be announced Tuesday the 19th.
Winners will receive a complimentary 2 night stay in our Standard Room with 2 Queen Beds (max 4 guests) redeemable September 2022 through September 2023.
🎉
Thank you for your participation! Good Luck to all!
🎉

Hint: September 2022

The videos look great, love the mirror and faucet is bathroom. Plus whole new breakfast room…it’s Going to be FABULOUS!!!

For what it's worth, we received a cancellation notice on July 12th for our reservation from September 9-12, but not yet for our reservation for September 15-19 (back in January when we made the reservations, we weren't sure which weekend we were going, so booked both as a precaution). But based on walking by last week, I have my doubts about mid-September. We have a back up reservation at the Element.

They are supposed to announce the winner of their "Guess when we're opening contest" today. I checked rates for my October trip yesterday (although you can't book, the rates are posted), and it showed $189 for a standard 2 queen, now it shows $229 for the same dates and room.

Well, I can't fault them for having to bump prices up with the way the world is now. Plus, they've got to some how recover from being closed forever, I bet.

They are supposed to announce the winner of their "Guess when we're opening contest" today. I checked rates for my October trip yesterday (although you can't book, the rates are posted), and it showed $189 for a standard 2 queen, now it shows $229 for the same dates and room.

Maybe it's because I booked so early and our stay is so close to the touted reopening, but I checked the current rates for our stay dates (September 15-19) and the Deluxe Queen room I booked for $179/night is now $259/night -- a 45% increase.

As much as I appreciate proximity, I definitely wouldn't pay $259/night to stay in what is fundamentally still a motel. For comparison, my backup reservation at the Element (which I'm keeping because I'm still skeptical about the Candy Cane Inn opening date) for a king/bunk room is $175/night for an interior corridor hotel, with hot breakfast, better pool, kitchenette, etc. Of course my perspective is skewed because we're past the stroller/booster age and can just jump in a Lyft back to our hotel.

I agree with the cost increase that is absolutely not worth it to ME and why I stopped staying at Tropicana and such across the street.
Lately I've been driving more form the east bay area and have parking with my Dream key so using the toy story lot usually.

Places I've stayed this year and been happy with :

Budget category/ Motels : ( under $125/night with taxes)
Alamo Inn - Free parking
Ramada by Wyndham Convention Center ( previously Travelodge on Harbor) - Free Parking / Breakfast
- recently renovated ! Probably my new go to.

Hotels : ( $150 - $225/night with taxes)
Hyatt Regency Orange County - Dedicated Shuttle $6/day ( NOT ART) - My favorite hotel
Cambria Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn ( Garden Grove)
Hotel Lulu ( Former Red Lion) - Renovated and very comfy rooms !

In the morning ride share is fine. The pickup area on Harbor is a mess at night. Do you request Uber from the Grand?
On our trip last week, our experience for evening Lyft XLs was:

(1) Requested Lyft from the Grand at around 10:00; waited over 20 minutes while the nearest driver was finishing a ride.
(2) Requested Lyft from the Grand at 9:00 while walking out the park exit; driver was there before we were.
(3) Requested Lyft from Harbor at midnight, driver called and asked to pick us up at IHOP, waited about 5 minutes.
(4) Requested Lyft from Harbor at 12:30, waited about 8 minutes and were picked up in the official Harbor lot.

I definitely prefer getting picked up at the Grand, but it can take longer since there are generally fewer drivers on that side of the park and it's a longer walk if leaving Disneyland rather than California Adventure.

Rides were each $10 before tip. We were at the Springhill Suites by the Convention Center so totally walkable but spreading the cost across 5-6 people, it's worth a couple of dollars to save our legs for the next day.

Rides were each $10 before tip. We were at the Springhill Suites by the Convention Center so totally walkable but spreading the cost across 5-6 people, it's worth a couple of dollars to save our legs for the next day.

Yes we have been staying at the Springhill Suites while the Candy Cane is closed. Only a bit farther, the breakfast there is pretty good, and the CVS is convenient. However the maintenance there was lacking and needs a complete overhaul. Surprising since it is so new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter