Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

I was at Disneyland last week, staying at Hyatt House and walking by CCI every day to go to the parks. I told my wife that it didn't look like they would be ready for September. The first big room (assuming to be the lobby) had nothing on it, construction still happening. It's too bad for those that had reservations for the first few weeks :(.
Interesting as the email stated it was the city of Anaheim that delayed the opening with the timeline of their inspections…..

I was at Disneyland last week, staying at Hyatt House and walking by CCI every day to go to the parks. I told my wife that it didn't look like they would be ready for September. The first big room (assuming to be the lobby) had nothing on it, construction still happening. It's too bad for those that had reservations for the first few weeks :(.

I agree. When we walked by daily a few weeks ago I told my sister CCI didn't look anywhere near ready to open. So many stacks of stuff all over the place, and just a general "unfinished" look.

That is really late notice for those scheduled to stay in a week. 🙁

I got the cancellation email too. Sad that they won’t be open, but happy I still had my backup reservation. I knew something was up as we called Candy Cane Inn yesterday to ask if they were planning to open on time and they didn’t have an answer. I was planning to cancel my back up, but after that call no way.

Wow so lucky you kept your reservations.

I have kept my back up hotel I have booked and was thinking of cancelling it this weekend just been (to free it up for someone who might need a reservation). Thankfully I did not cancel it.

I have till the 6 or 8th of October to cancel it for a stay of 10th -16 October.

I think I will probably just end up staying at my back up hotel as I can't take the risk of flying internationally and arriving with no accommodation. ( I will have to change the car service pick up from LAX to a different hotel and the baskets by Pam delivery I have organized). It will also mean I will be getting more breakfast items on our grocery stop as I hadn't planned on needing breakfast.

Hopefully everyone who is effected has managed to find some accommodation.

I am so glad we kept our back up hotel! We stay September 23-30 and they really didn't give us much notice! We won't be there again for another 3 years or so, maybe next time.

Wow, maybe I need to book up a backup too! Can't believe it, I was hanging out to hear what people's reviews were really soon!

I am so incredibly glad I held onto our back up hotel reservations for next week. I just received a cancellation notice for our Thursday-Monday reservation. Hopefully others in the same boat also had back up reservations.

View attachment 700529
I got the same email today. Oddly enough, just this morning I was feeling a bit guilty about holding on to my Stovall’s reservation with the expectation that I would be canceling close to my travel dates. Not feeling so bad now! Whew!

My husband had reservations sept 23 and 24 and they just canceled his too. He didn’t have back up reservations. I was wondering what was going on since they have been awfully quiet on social media lately.
I’m so sorry he didn’t have a backup reservation. Has he been able to find anything?

I checked Candy Cane Inn's Yelp page a minute ago and the strange thing is that there is not one mention of the Candy Cane Inn's remodeling or news of reopening date whatsover. And when you go to the Yelp page of Candy Cane Inn the recent reviews are from 2021 and 2020 and 2019. It's surprising that Candy Cane Inn doesn't even mention these happenings on their Yelp page and they should do so to inform customers of special deals and reminders of what's happening with the hotel. Do the owners of Candy Cane Inn own other motels in Anaheim as well? Because when a hotel is doing remodeling the owners usually send guests to a sister hotel in place of their original hotel. What I think is really gonna happen now that Candy Cane Inn's reopening is delayed once again is they will not close it but change the name because with independent motels and hotels struggling during the pandemic some motels closed while some motels stayed open for business and most likely Candy Cane Inn will finally reopen once they hire new staff to work in the hotel

I haven't received an email yet but just went ahead and canceled my reservation for the last week of September. Luckily I had a backup booked at the Camelot, I sort of expected they wouldn't be opening on time.

I got the same email today. Oddly enough, just this morning I was feeling a bit guilty about holding on to my Stovall’s reservation with the expectation that I would be canceling close to my travel dates. Not feeling so bad now! Whew!
We also have Stovall as a backup but our dates are in November. I was feeling kind of silly for booking a backup because surely Candy Cane would be open by then. It sure feels good to have that other reservation now.

I checked Candy Cane Inn's Yelp page a minute ago and the strange thing is that there is not one mention of the Candy Cane Inn's remodeling or news of reopening date whatsover. And when you go to the Yelp page of Candy Cane Inn the recent reviews are from 2021 and 2020 and 2019. It's surprising that Candy Cane Inn doesn't even mention these happenings on their Yelp page and they should do so to inform customers of special deals and reminders of what's happening with the hotel. Do the owners of Candy Cane Inn own other motels in Anaheim as well? Because when a hotel is doing remodeling the owners usually send guests to a sister hotel in place of their original hotel. What I think is really gonna happen now that Candy Cane Inn's reopening is delayed once again is they will not close it but change the name because with independent motels and hotels struggling during the pandemic some motels closed while some motels stayed open for business and most likely Candy Cane Inn will finally reopen once they hire new staff to work in the hotel
They have been there since the 50's, owned by the same family, one of the few family owned places left in the area. They do not own other properties. They are doing a massive refurb. They won't change names because their name has a huge following. Few motels in the Disneyland area have changed names because they do get followings (usually name changes happen when a property is sold.) They will reopen when the refurb is completed.

I called. No opening date given. Said “we experienced a significant delay with completing our pool.” He said that our trip in December is still a go.

I’m so sorry he didn’t have a backup reservation. Has he been able to find anything?
He booked the newly remodeled Sheraton, thankfully!

Someone else we heard about were booked at CCI Sept 18-24 and they did not have a back up reservation either. Everything is booked for these dates! They are going to have to do a split stay or stay way over at a hotel near SNA. I’ve never seen where every hotel is booked up that entire week. We tried helping them find something.

My sister walked by this morning and sent me a video. You would never guess that yesterday was the planned reopening date. She said it looked like there was still a lot to do. I guess if there is a lot of stuff scattered about (not sure if there is), it can make things look more unfinished than they are.

He booked the newly remodeled Sheraton, thankfully!

Someone else we heard about were booked at CCI Sept 18-24 and they did not have a back up reservation either. Everything is booked for these dates! They are going to have to do a split stay or stay way over at a hotel near SNA. I’ve never seen where every hotel is booked up that entire week. We tried helping them find something.

So glad he was able to get a reservation elsewhere. Still so bummed there won’t be a room tour on your channel. :(

So, I just tried to see if they had any openings for Jan 2023 and both their "Book Now" and "Check Availability" links don't work anymore. They just send you to a crashed page. I emailed them, but my interest in staying there is quickly fading.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter