Candy Cane Inn reopening date?

The very first Yelp review mentioning the remodeled Candy Cane Inn was featured today and according to Yelp Candy Cane Inn is now fantastic and the rooms look amazing but the one complaint I read on the review is that they changed the shuttle times and the times for the shuttle are confusing. But they had a soft opening and it looked great and that's all the new Candy Cane Inn info i've found so far
Dodger

The very first Yelp review mentioning the remodeled Candy Cane Inn was featured today and according to Yelp Candy Cane Inn is now fantastic and the rooms look amazing but the one complaint I read on the review is that they changed the shuttle times and the times for the shuttle are confusing. But they had a soft opening and it looked great and that's all the new Candy Cane Inn info i've found so far
Dodger
There are also some new 5 star reviews on Google, but those are brief and vague and kept coming in even while they were closed and remodeling so something is up with them.

Not that I've seen. Someone said they were going to go on the 23rd and possibly do a video review, but that's a few weeks away. I was hoping to see the other room types. I'm so curious! And it's so odd to me that they are finally open and aren't going to say anything! They could be making so much more business!

Which hotel did they end up at that they loved?

What's your new home hotel?

Sorry for the delayed response, I moved on from Candy Cane.

We now stay at the Hyatt OC.

It is a little further down the road, but the drive to the mickey and friends structure is quick and painless.

Quiet, safe and great service.

Unfortunately, as I write this, their prices sky rocketed by about 50% across the board.

There are those who can't "just do that," though, and is one of the reasons they choose a hotel with a shuttle.
I once visited DL with a friend from Florida who was a WDW regular, and he was so enchanted by the idea of DL being just a 10-minute walk from his hotel that he wanted to walk back to the Candy Cane instead of taking their shuttle. :-) WDW regulars either love or hate the compact feeling of the whole DLR.

Generally, we don't actually WAIT for this light to say "walk" as there is almost never traffic coming through--at least at the times we are crossing there! ;-)
Once upon a time…in the waaay back (that means pre-COVID lol)…there were cops posted on this corner to make sure you didn’t do that…

I don’t even think I saw Anaheim cops the whole time we were there in December, ‘cept maybe at the security area.

Hence…unless there is a bus coming through…WE don’t wait either 😂

When we stayed at Desert Palms, it was 50/50 that we would wait for the light or not. Sometimes, the traffic on Harbor is scary enough that we even waited a few seconds after the crosswalk light came on just to make sure no one ran the red light :scared1: The other 50% of the time we were too dang tired to care lol

It's like a ten minute walk. I would have just done that...
If that. I can't imagine ever taking a shuttle from there. We stayed across the street at The Anaheim Hotel and it was easily a short walk. If I were physically disabled I could see it, but for most people I would think walking would be fine.

If that. I can't imagine ever taking a shuttle from there. We stayed across the street at The Anaheim Hotel and it was easily a short walk. If I were physically disabled I could see it, but for most people I would think walking would be fine.
I can see several scenarios in which people would opt for the shuttle but honestly, why does it really matter what those reasons are?

Yes some people don't as you just have to watch for the Toy Story Parking Lot Shuttle buses. We like to set a good example for the children nearby and wait for the walk signal.
I am the same. I would NEVER jaywalk with my kid even though it would be so much easier sometimes. I just never did it when I had her with me because I wasn't sure if she would try it alone and not have as good of judgement (she's 30 now so not an issue anymore lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter