Candy Cane Inn?

I loved everything about the Candy Cane Inn except the price and the parking lot being full and not being able to park next to your room. I would stay there if the price was better but currently we have been staying at Anaheim Majestic most trips. We like the walk to Downtown Disney in the morning and the shuttle back at night. We find it easier to go through security at Downtown Disney and then scan in at the monorail so we can get our MP started then we hit Starbucks before walking to the park but I would stay at Candy Cane for sure if the price was right.

For me I love to take a mid day break - that's hard to do if you stay far away and have to drive. For my April trip I was able to get CCI for $136 a night.

And Pamela, you inspired me to use my Vintage Skyway pic as my avatar.

Here's a Candy Cane Inn thread from last year. https://www.disboards.com/threads/report-on-recent-stay-at-candy-cane-inn-aug-7-10.3764509/

I'm planning a visit there this May so can report back then. I did let the reservation agent know of my disappointment last year with the darker room. I was told that between then and now there have been some small refurbishments but that she would make note. I realize now that I forgot to ask about flooring. Hoping by now maybe the standard rooms have laminate flooring. Could someone update us about this? Thank you :)

My main CCI wish besides laminate flooring (to me that is cleaner than carpet) is that they would expand their breakfast to include simple hot items such as Mickey pancakes or scrambled eggs and hash browns.

Hope this all helps and that you have a wonderful time at DL.

I'm pretty sure the room was carpeted last Sept. But I couldn't be sure. I also think I found a breakfast croissant sandwich that I heated up in the microwave. I could be wrong, as always, Disney is exhausting, but I'm pretty sure I did.

Was it a second floor room? They do have a breakfast croissant sandwich at breakfast.

I stayed there in November and had laminate flooring in a Deluxe Room. I talked to the front desk about it, and she said that the Deluxe Rooms have all been refurbished with laminate flooring and that they'd be starting on the regular rooms soon.

I have stayed on the second floor both trips in a regular room and we had carpet. Friends had a room on the first floor last year and hey had laminate. I figured the had carpet on the second floor to help keep any noise down so you didn't have the heard people walking above you.

I did notice this year that every day at least a few rooms were having they carpets shampooed.

I loved everything about the Candy Cane Inn except the price and the parking lot being full and not being able to park next to your room. I would stay there if the price was better but currently we have been staying at Anaheim Majestic most trips. We like the walk to Downtown Disney in the morning and the shuttle back at night. We find it easier to go through security at Downtown Disney and then scan in at the monorail so we can get our MP started then we hit Starbucks before walking to the park but I would stay at Candy Cane for sure if the price was right.
I'm not loyal to any hotel either. My last trip and my up and coming trip CCI was the cheapest so that's where I stayed. I remember looking in the past and the prices were higher than other places so never stayed there. They seem to be coming down again.

Awesome. Thank you for the explanation. 3 miles is a 9 mins drive. so it doesn't bother us. And this time we will be AP members so parking on our AP is free. I tend to be a die hard and power through. We all have such different styles when we go on vacations.
:earboy2:

Oh and what I meant about cheapest price on their site, isn't they are the cheapest hotel. Just always book straight through them for cheapest of their rates. 100% always lower than Getawaytoday too.
One time I went to DL from San Diego - It was actually fun for me to park in Mickey and Friends lot as I have never parked there in my 40+ years of going. And I loved going on the tram from the parking lot to the park entrance!

I also agree- cheaper to go directly through the hotel site vs disney. Also note that if you are an AP or have an AAA card if you type in DIS under promo code for CCI you'll get a discount. It's hard to find so thought I'd mention it.

I love the vintage shots of Disneyland/world. Found my photo when I was looking for pics of my dad.

Was it a second floor room? They do have a breakfast croissant sandwich at breakfast.

I have stayed on the second floor both trips in a regular room and we had carpet. Friends had a room on the first floor last year and hey had laminate. I figured the had carpet on the second floor to help keep any noise down so you didn't have the heard people walking above you.

I did notice this year that every day at least a few rooms were having they carpets shampooed.
oohh - I'll have to look for the breakfast croissant sandwich - that's perfect. heat up and go I can eat it while walking to the park!

If I'm not staying on DVC points, I am staying at Candy Cane Inn! The walk is honestly maybe 8 minutes to security- I am an average sized mid 30's female. Sometimes with my kids. It is an easy walk. The shuttle is nice and I would use it if I happened to be going to or leaving the parks when the shuttle was boarding. The customer service is fantastic, the rooms are nice- I've only stayed in standard and never had a problem with them. They give a $10/night discount for AP, AAA, and military. The breakfast spread is pretty nice and they keep it filled. My girls always found something they liked. The grounds are beautiful- especially on a sunny day. My girls are spoiled by the Grand Cal but they really enjoy CCI and give zero complaints.

Where else have you stayed that was a shorter walk? And when you say a far walk how far are you talking? Thank you for sharing!

I’ve stayed at Park Vue, right across the street from the entrance. Also onsite. There are many motels on Harbor that are closer

They give a $10/night discount for AP, AAA, and military.

Don't forget they also give a $10 a night off for past guests to be used with in a year, 2 years for international guests. They let me stack the previous guest coupon and the AAA discount last summer giving me $20 a night off. You do have to call to use the previous guest coupon.

On top of the free breakfast the parking is also free. IIRC they are the only hotel to offer free breakfast, free parking, and the free shuttle. Most places can not have their own shuttle.

I don't get it. I always stay at Ayres Orange. It is 3 miles away, super nice, free real breakfast, cost less than Candy Cane inn, free hotel parking, and we park at Mickey and Friends. And the price is lower so even with parking fee it is same price as CCI but totally nicer. Ayres has cheapest pricing on their site. For each of my trips I am averaging $124 a night. There is the Anaheim transit shuttle that stops at a sister hotel ALO next door too. Small fee. We don't bother with that though personally.
We’ve stayed in that area. I hated it, plus the cost of a rental car and parking fees must increase that room rate.

We love Candy Cane when we are staying off-site. The walk isn’t far at all, but there’s also the shuttle which runs every half hour. It’s so convenient at the end of the day. The breakfast works for us- plenty of options. All of the employees are always super friendly and helpful as well. We love staying here in part because it feels much more personal than staying at a larger chain.

We always spend the extra $10 a night to have a larger room. The one time we did stay in their standard room, we felt a bit cramped. You really can’t beat the price for all of the amenities and proximity to Disneyland, IMO.

We stayed here a few years back after reading all the great reviews. We had a Deluxe room. We found the room dark, noisy, hot, tiny and tired looking. The grounds, shuttle, pool and laundry room were great, and the breakfast was ok. But I'd only stay again if I ran out of more favourable options.

... My girls are spoiled by the Grand Cal but they really enjoy CCI and give zero complaints.
This is us when we take my parents -- it's either the GCH or the CCI. The GCH has the on site perks, but the CCI is small and charming. And the CCI staff takes such good care of my parents. I really like that I never have to worry about where my parents are or if they're lost/alone/needing something. At the CCI, they always come back to the room with smiles and a story about how a staff member helped them with whatever they needed. CMs at the GCH help them, too, but that hotel is so big that it can take a lot longer for my parents to find what they need. The CCI, being so much smaller, is just easier for them to handle right now.

I stayed there back in August and have another stay planned for April.

They do have a shuttle if you don't want to walk - I used the shuttle when it was really hot
The walk is about 5-7 minutes til you enter Disney property( bus drop off). you only have to cross 1 street (it's the street for Disney employees/ buses) It's probably about a 10 minute walk to get to security.
they do have a shuttle that will drop you off that leaves on every 1/2 hour. I like taking into the park after my mid day break - then I'm not all sweaty by the time I get to Disney.

Note: If you pick the cheapest room - it will be the smallest and it will most likely be upstairs and there are NO elevators. So that's something to think about when your packing -I normally like to take one big suitcase but will probably bring 2 small suitcases for my trip as they are easier to bring up the stairs.

the breakfast is ok - I wish they had some type of hot eggs but that's my only complaint.

The pool is small but nice to get in and get wet or for kids to play in.

Thanks for the tip about the elevator. I booked the Candy Cane for our upcoming March trip on the recommendations of people in another forum, but no one there mentioned the lack of an elevator! I’m travelling with a disabled four year old and my fairly healthy senior citizen mom...an elevator is important for us.

I wish I had spotted that sooner, most of the other nearby hotels are full, and the few that aren’t are in a slightly higher price bracket, but I’m going to keep checking. I hope if we request a ground floor room that CCI could accommodate use, but if I find something else reasonable I may not take that chance.

Thanks for the tip about the elevator. I booked the Candy Cane for our upcoming March trip on the recommendations of people in another forum, but no one there mentioned the lack of an elevator! I’m travelling with a disabled four year old and my fairly healthy senior citizen mom...an elevator is important for us.

I wish I had spotted that sooner, most of the other nearby hotels are full, and the few that aren’t are in a slightly higher price bracket, but I’m going to keep checking. I hope if we request a ground floor room that CCI could accommodate use, but if I find something else reasonable I may not take that chance.
I would call now and tell them you need a ground floor room. They may charge you more - I'm not sure how it's set up but I got the impression from the gentleman at the front desk that the "cheap"rooms were all upstairs. I could be wrong.

Also note that it's hard to see on their website but they do have discounts for Military, AAA and AP holders if any of those apply to you be sure to ask about that as well.

I would call now and tell them you need a ground floor room. They may charge you more - I'm not sure how it's set up but I got the impression from the gentleman at the front desk that the "cheap"rooms were all upstairs. I could be wrong.

Also note that it's hard to see on their website but they do have discounts for Military, AAA and AP holders if any of those apply to you be sure to ask about that as well.
We’ve booked deluxe connecting rooms with the AAA discount—I was going to let my mom have her own room—so hopefully we’d be eligible for he ground floor.

But I’ve spotted a discount at the HoJo for a family suite that would be comparable to our two rooms at CCI. With a March trip we may not have pool weather so I wasn’t willing to shell out extra for it, but this might be a better fit. I need to see if my mom is ok sharing the king bed with me...

I would def give them a call and ask about your options. If you need an accessible room they list a "Deluxe 2 Queen Accessible" and for the dates I randomly checked it looks to be only $10 a night more then the "Standard 2 Queen Beds." However if you don't need an accessible room, but need something on the first floor and can get by with a "Standard 2 Queen Bed" call them and ask if it's possible. Any time I have called they have been more then helpful and very friendly. If you find out they have the standard rooms on the first floor be sure to let us know.

I stayed there 2 years in a row and when checking prices I forgot where to click to add the promo code the second year. I did figure it out thought. In the end I had to call as I was using the $10 off per night code they give you for being a returning guest. The nice thing is they do let you stack the coupon with a AAA discount

I stayed there 2 years in a row and when checking prices I forgot where to click to add the promo code the second year. I did figure it out thought. In the end I had to call as I was using the $10 off per night code they give you for being a returning guest. The nice thing is they do let you stack the coupon with a AAA discount
Where did you get the $10 coupon for return guests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter