Can't find my thread or Duplicate Thread error: PLEASE READ FIRST POST FOR A FIX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've sent the Bat-Signal, now we'll see if Alex sees it. :teeth:

Interesting... The steps I'd suggest trying are

1) Clearing your cookies (the all-purpose, clear the cobwebs out solution)

2) Trying to post again, using no numeric or special characters in the title (just alpha)

3) Trying to post the same thread on a different board, like this one. (If you post your thread here on Tech Support and tell me what board you'd like it on, I'll be happy to move it.)

4) Keep yelling for Alex until we figure out if we have a database problem somewhere.

5) Chocolate helps a lot in times of stress. Trust me. ::yes::

Thanks Kathy! We cleared our cookies, can you believe we had over 1000 of them?? But, I tried again and keep getting the technical difficulties, contact the webmaster page...

I changed the '2nd' to 'second' and now I get this each time I try to post..........

There seems to have been a slight problem with the The DIS Discussion Forums database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

I am trying to post this..........

Make sure to get your criticals and high priorities.

Also make sure your anti-virus and anti-spyware definitions AND programs are current and up to date. Best is daily. Also firewalls. Just an FYI.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/bulletins/200506.mspx

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8218651/

with this title...........

Second Tuesday of the month, Windows update time

Tried to post 3 more times today, best I could get was..........

There seems to have been a slight problem with the The DIS Discussion Forums database.

An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

Worst was just a blank screen. :confused3

Hey guys - this is happening to me too!!!!

Now just hope this post goes thru.

Well, I guess the board does not want the Windows FYI post, LOL. Tried again tonight, all I get is .............................

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

We're still investigating.

It would help if you could tell us a little about what you're seeing when this happens. Please tell us (here on this thread):

* Date and approx time you tried to post
* Which forum you tried to post to
* Any error messages you received

That could give us information that will help to narrow down the problem.

Times and dates were shortly before the posts above.

The board was the CB

The error message was the one posted above, or a blank, white screen.

Another person on the CB was talking about the same problem on the Trip Report board.

WebmasterKathy said:
We're still investigating.

It would help if you could tell us a little about what you're seeing when this happens. Please tell us (here on this thread):

* Date and approx time you tried to post
* Which forum you tried to post to
* Any error messages you received

That could give us information that will help to narrow down the problem.

Yesterday and today; the dining forum, family forum, theme park strategies forum; received the message that you are trying to post a thread that was posted less then five minutes ago and will be redirected to the boards, or the white screen that says the DIS boards is temporarily experiencing technical difficulties.

I changed some stuff last nite, let me know if you are still having the problem. If you are can I have the exact thread title and what board?

Thread title...........

Second Tuesday of the month this week, Windows update time

Board.........

CB

Time, about 11:13 PM Thursday, 6/16

OK-I am about ready to just give up! I have written a trip report and tried to post day 4 all day Thursday and then again this morning. I once again cleared all my cookies, re-named the report, restarted IE, and waited half an hour-it still tells me it is a duplicate from the last 5 min.

Is there anything else I should try or do I just admit defeat let it go?

Bill

Bill- can you post it here on the Tech Support board? If you do, we can move it to the Trip Reports board for you.

(Alex is still looking into the problem.)

WebmasterKathy said:
Bill- can you post it here on the Tech Support board? If you do, we can move it to the Trip Reports board for you.

(Alex is still looking into the problem.)

I've tried to post to a new thread here and I have the same problems-can I post as a reply to this thread and you move just that response?

Thanks for the help!!!

Bill

Sure can, Bill! Post it as a response, and we can split it off and move it to the right board.

I've been having the same problem that everyone else here has been having. Either I get a error message that says "There seems to have been a slight problem with the The DIS Discussion Forums database." or it says that the post is a duplicate of one posted five minutes ago. The name of the post is "Meeko's Walt Disney World Trip December 2004- Part Two" and I've been trying to post it in the Trip Report Board with no sucess.

Could you try something for me? It's hard because I can't recreate this. Post it with a very simple title...say just Meeko then try to edit it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter