Can't find my thread or Duplicate Thread error: PLEASE READ FIRST POST FOR A FIX!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WebmasterAlex said:
Could you try something for me? It's hard because I can't recreate this. Post it with a very simple title...say just Meeko then try to edit it

That worked. Thanks Alex. :teeth:

I'm thinking this might be a problem with the length of the post. The thread I'm trying to post is pretty lengthy. If this works, I'll post it next and ask you to move it.

Posted the above here with no problems. Been trying all day and getting the 2 messages that previous posters complained about. Would appreciate it being moved to the Disney for Families board.

Thanks!!

Jody

So a one word title does it? Seems like most of the time I have been able to make a multi-word title, just had trouble with that one.

I'm having the same problem today and last night. I have copied in my report 6 times and it didn't work. Then I just did a shorter dining report. Didn't work. I've spent HOURS on this. Now, I've got to get to my laundry.

try a shorter title then once it is posted you can edit the title...let me know if that works

I've been having the same problem for the past week and a half. CB, doesn't matter what time of day (though it's always been between 11am and 6pm central), didn't matter the length. I'd either get the 'problem with the database' error or "this is a duplicate". I don't remember the title of the second one I tried, but the first one was "Time traveler's wife" -- so unless it's counting ' as a special character (which it might be), there's nothing too special about that. I might have had a :( in the second title, I don't recall.

I finally got one to post today. No special characters, just a-z.

I posted, had it never appear. I then posted it again, still did not appear. I posted the third time, and it told me I had already posted that message, but still nothing appeared.

Finally, the fourth time with the exact same message and title, it appeared.

I don't know what the difference was, other than it was later in the day...

Margaret

I just tried to post on the CB and it said I couldn't because of duplicate post in past 5 minutes. I'll try to shorten my title also. Just wanted to let y'all know. Thanks!

I'm getting it today, as well. I have been experiencing this problem periodically over the last 2 weeks or so. I try to change my title, delete cookies, log-out, close & re-open and nothing. Finally at one point, it will just 'take'. :confused3

Hi guys! Guess I get to join this lovely group too! Think we should have a special meet at WDW just for folks that get our posts to show up?

Trying to post my trip report..."duplicate thread" message. AAAAUUUUGGHHH!!
Going to try to shorten my title...wish me luck. ;)

Well, I shortened my title (a little) and it worked! I posted 3 times on the trip report board within a 15 minute time frame. Yeah!!! :Pinkbounc

I posted a thread on the CB .... finally. It took me 3 tries. Dan Murphy sent me here to join the club. :teeth:

The only difference between the first two tries and the third try that finally went through was the thread title was shorter. I see others have had some luck getting their thread to work for that reason.

BTW, is there an initiation fee to join this club?? :badpc:

I too am having this same problem, it tells me that I didn't specify a forum. I was able to post a thread in the technical support forum though. Go figure. I did go and delete my cookies but it didn't help.

Dan Murphy said I was part of this club, so I'm adding my post here (from elsewhere on the Tech Support Board):

Why can't I post a new message on the CB? I have been getting an error message that says that my post is identical to one I've posted in the past 5 minutes so I will be redirected...

ARRGGH!

This has been happening for WEEKS now. I can respond, but I can't start a new thread.

Thanks.

Having the same problem as others trying to post day 2 of my trip report to Disneyland Paris forum.

Tried reducing title length but still cannot post.

Help

Reid

its giving me the duplicate thing too... I havent posted for months so I cant be duplicating!!! I tried posting on the teen board...

(Maybe someone here can help me. Do the magical moment pins -the cool light up ones- still work in the parks?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter