***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

I’m going to stay positive and believe that the next 300 days will see great changes and we’ll all have a magical May trip!🤗🌈🙏

I hope you're right. 2 months ago I would have thought it was insane to think otherwise. Now I am not so sure...

I hope you're right. 2 months ago I would have thought it was insane to think otherwise. Now I am not so sure...
I know the feeling. Back in April when we re-booked our cancelled May 2020 trip for December, it seemed so unlikely that things wouldn't be somewhat back to normal by December. But as time went on, that started to change, and we got worried about December, so we re-booked again for May 2021, and now I'm starting to worry about that as well. I'm trying to stay positive; it's still months away and who knows where things will be by then, so I shouldn't be driving myself crazy worrying about it, but my brain can't help it.

I know the feeling. Back in April when we re-booked our cancelled May 2020 trip for December, it seemed so unlikely that things wouldn't be somewhat back to normal by December. But as time went on, that started to change, and we got worried about December, so we re-booked again for May 2021, and now I'm starting to worry about that as well. I'm trying to stay positive; it's still months away and who knows where things will be by then, so I shouldn't be driving myself crazy worrying about it, but my brain can't help it.

It's only July, don't start worrying about next May yet. So many things could happen. Honestly, there's nothing we can do about it anyways.
It's hard but I always try to live in the now, it's a lesson I've learned over the past year or so.

I just keep planning here and there, and if the time comes and we have to postpone, I'll be disappointed but I also know I'll get over it.

If I had gone May of this year as planned, then I wouldn't be going back for about 3 years or so. Now I have a trip to look forward to next year! There's always a twisted bright side to things.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hi all, joining the party. Was supposed to go this past May, but you know :( Rebooked for 4/30 - 5/4 at Gran Destino Tower. Fingers crossed!

Yay!!! New Member!!!

Hi! :wave: Welcome to the May Crew, we are happy to have you!

Our trip dates overlap and we are staying at GDT too! Our first time, it looks like a deluxe but the price is so good we have to try it out. Really looking forward to it!

Joining in! We're booked May 15th-23rd in a 2 bedroom at OKW. Dates might change. I might fly in a day earlier or we might change it to the next week and included Memorial Day in there. It will be myself(obviously), my husband(maybe), my daughter and son (twins) who will be 22 and my son's girlfriend.

Joining in! We're booked May 15th-23rd in a 2 bedroom at OKW. Dates might change. I might fly in a day earlier or we might change it to the next week and included Memorial Day in there. It will be myself(obviously), my husband(maybe), my daughter and son (twins) who will be 22 and my son's girlfriend.

Welcome to May!!! :flower1::flower1::flower1:

Happy to see you here and plan away!
Hopefully things will pick up a bit soon, I think people still feel a bit in flux...we'll get it together. :D

Joining in!

May 3-7 at Boardwalk Villas - Studio. My extended AP expires on May 8, so I’m using my birthday an excuse to squeeze in one more trip. So far it’s just me, but my daughter may be joining in. DH tagged along on my last trip in February, and he says he’s good now until 2022, lol!

I love May at WDW and was sooo disappointed not to be able to go this year. Looking forward to seeing the Flower & Garden Festival again! :hippie:

Joining in!

May 3-7 at Boardwalk Villas - Studio. My extended AP expires on May 8, so I’m using my birthday an excuse to squeeze in one more trip. So far it’s just me, but my daughter may be joining in. DH tagged along on my last trip in February, and he says he’s good now until 2022, lol!

I love May at WDW and was sooo disappointed not to be able to go this year. Looking forward to seeing the Flower & Garden Festival again! :hippie:

Hello Hello!!! :wave:

Welcome to the crew!
You are on the list. I'm really looking forward to Flower/Garden too! Should be beautiful. :daisy:

Joining! It will be myself, my mom, my DD (5) and DS (nearly 2). We were supposed to go for a week this past May but obviously that trip was cancelled. We are planning a two week trip next year to make up for the missed trip. We will be in a one bedroom at either BLT or VGF from May 15-29 . I truly hope we are able to go next year. We live on an island that has been relatively spared by COVID (currently only 4 active cases in the entire country) but obviously international flying and quarantines may still be an issue. As we are currently living abroad, we have not been able to see our families since COVID hit so I'm really hoping the kids get some much anticipated time with their grandma! Any help deciding between BLT and VGF is very welcome. We have stayed at BLT many times and enjoy the short walk to MK and the nightly view of the fireworks from our room. Although, I would love to try something new, 2 weeks is a long time to stay somewhere if we end up not loving it.

Joining! It will be myself, my mom, my DD (5) and DS (nearly 2). We were supposed to go for a week this past May but obviously that trip was cancelled. We are planning a two week trip next year to make up for the missed trip. We will be in a one bedroom at either BLT or VGF from May 15-29 . I truly hope we are able to go next year. We live on an island that has been relatively spared by COVID (currently only 4 active cases in the entire country) but obviously international flying and quarantines may still be an issue. As we are currently living abroad, we have not been able to see our families since COVID hit so I'm really hoping the kids get some much anticipated time with their grandma! Any help deciding between BLT and VGF is very welcome. We have stayed at BLT many times and enjoy the short walk to MK and the nightly view of the fireworks from our room. Although, I would love to try something new, 2 weeks is a long time to stay somewhere if we end up not loving it.
With your son almost being 2, walking to MK will be key. I’d probably stay there again

With the shortened park hours I am lightly thinking of cancelling our May trip. We are planning to bring our adult kids with us. It’s an awfully expensive vacation for such short park hours when the park time is what they are after. We have to make a decision pretty soon so we can bank our points.

With the shortened park hours I am lightly thinking of cancelling our May trip. We are planning to bring our adult kids with us. It’s an awfully expensive vacation for such short park hours when the park time is what they are after. We have to make a decision pretty soon so we can bank our points.
They say for September. I feel like May could be totally different than things are now

I wouldn’t cancel anything just yet. Who knows what it will be like in May. A lot can happen in 9 months. Just try to stay positive!

I know! Who would have ever thought 9 months ago that we would be here right now.
Never in a million years!! When our original trip got canceled in May, I thought June would be a safe bet and moved it. Then as it got closer obviously I was wrong, so I moved it to September and then I had the sad realization that it wouldn’t be what my sisters were expecting by then either- so I made the decision to come full circle and do May 2021 thinking surely this mess would be behind us and normalcy would be a thing. But boy have I been biting my nails thinking if May is going to be any better! At this point, the only way we’re not going is if it is closed! This is the longest I’ve ever gone between trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter