• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

We’ve been doing some bucket-list trips the last few years (Farro, a few tragedies here as well), so we were actually planning to take 2020 off anyway. Wanted to wait until Star Wars had died down a tad and Guardians was done (fingers crossed on that one). We are booked at AoA May 22-29, and like a PP, that rack rate is tough! Booked a basic package (which I had no clue about before....thanks DIS’ers!!) so will hopefully get some discount somehow. But honestly, with this year being such a bust, I don’t think they’ll have any issue filling the rooms and parks next summer. So just hoping that by going as early as we possibly can (relative to school schedules), we just minimize the crowds. Also, I really wanted to rent DVC points and stay at BCV or BWV, but the two bathrooms at AoA are hard to resist with a teenage daughter. And the whole “issue” with rental cancellations and point overstocks just kinda has me nervous about renting now. Wow, that’s more than anybody wanted to know!! Thanks for letting me join the crazy crowd 😝

We’ve been doing some bucket-list trips the last few years (Farro, a few tragedies here as well), so we were actually planning to take 2020 off anyway. Wanted to wait until Star Wars had died down a tad and Guardians was done (fingers crossed on that one). We are booked at AoA May 22-29, and like a PP, that rack rate is tough! Booked a basic package (which I had no clue about before....thanks DIS’ers!!) so will hopefully get some discount somehow. But honestly, with this year being such a bust, I don’t think they’ll have any issue filling the rooms and parks next summer. So just hoping that by going as early as we possibly can (relative to school schedules), we just minimize the crowds. Also, I really wanted to rent DVC points and stay at BCV or BWV, but the two bathrooms at AoA are hard to resist with a teenage daughter. And the whole “issue” with rental cancellations and point overstocks just kinda has me nervous about renting now. Wow, that’s more than anybody wanted to know!! Thanks for letting me join the crazy crowd 😝

Welcome to the party!! Which section of AoA were you thinking about staying in? I always wanted to at least walk around the Cars section because the theming looks so cool and I think we might explore it a little on a hangout day now that the Skyliner is a thing.

Welcome to the party!! Which section of AoA were you thinking about staying in? I always wanted to at least walk around the Cars section because the theming looks so cool and I think we might explore it a little on a hangout day now that the Skyliner is a thing.
Thanks!! It’s the only party I’ve been to in a while....😝

We’re going to stay at Cars. We’ve stayed Cars and Lion King, and of course hung out at the Nemo pool, but Cars is our favorite. Even Disney Grump DH thinks it’s cool. And there’s a possibility we might take the dog, so that works too. I really wanted to be able to walk to 2 parks, which is why we live the Dolphin too, but their suites get really expensive too. DD will be 19, DS17 by then, and they refuse to sleep together. She’s small and can sleep anywhere but she also takes forEVER in the bathroom, so we really love AoA. We may just have to drive or Uber to EP and DS for rope drop days. And I’m kinda excited about the views from the Skyliner.

And about your two-week split stay....I think that’s awesome. You can easily do everything you want in the parks and have plenty of time to enjoy two different resorts’ amenities. Sounds like a winner to me!

Thanks!! It’s the only party I’ve been to in a while....😝

We’re going to stay at Cars. We’ve stayed Cars and Lion King, and of course hung out at the Nemo pool, but Cars is our favorite. Even Disney Grump DH thinks it’s cool. And there’s a possibility we might take the dog, so that works too. I really wanted to be able to walk to 2 parks, which is why we live the Dolphin too, but their suites get really expensive too. DD will be 19, DS17 by then, and they refuse to sleep together. She’s small and can sleep anywhere but she also takes forEVER in the bathroom, so we really love AoA. We may just have to drive or Uber to EP and DS for rope drop days. And I’m kinda excited about the views from the Skyliner.

And about your two-week split stay....I think that’s awesome. You can easily do everything you want in the parks and have plenty of time to enjoy two different resorts’ amenities. Sounds like a winner to me!

Nice! Watching resort videos on YouTube I think I like the look of the Cars suites the best. With teenagers that’s a really smart move. Heck I could barely take three adults with one bathroom, but I was the hog lol!

I have a lot of nostalgia for the Crescent Lake resort area. I grew up staying at the Dolphin on our family trips as a kid because my (single) mom was an RN and took advantage of the nurse discounts. Sometimes Costco as well. Walking to 2 parks can’t be beat, but the Skyliner is pretty cool too. Not just for access to parks but the Riviera being on it really opens up some nice dining options for Pop and AoA if you get tired of the food courts.

We were going to try a more even split for our trip, but love the Poly too much to give up much more time there. I’m really looking forward to trying some of the activities we always want to do but never manage to find time for, like renting the little boats or visiting FW to see the horses.

Hi there! :wave:

Welcome to May (also, welcome to May as it's May 1 today...)! Let's hope no more sad times, I think we've all had enough.

You are now on the list. Our Madcap Crew has grown to 5!!!
Watch out!!!

:D

I was hoping some of this might be done by May 2021, now I just hope this Experience Center is open so I can see it in person!

I saw it on my last solo trip in November and it was really cool! Just being inside the old Odyssey building was nostalgic, but the way they did the projections on the model was clever and pretty sweet. They even got Rachel House to do the voiceover when Gramma Tala introduced the Moana attraction. I really hope the rumors are wrong and we don’t lose that one to the belt tightening. Moana is my favorite Disney movie in a very long time and I’d be heartbroken. I wish we had more of her in the parks.

I saw it on my last solo trip in November and it was really cool! Just being inside the old Odyssey building was nostalgic, but the way they did the projections on the model was clever and pretty sweet. They even got Rachel House to do the voiceover when Gramma Tala introduced the Moana attraction. I really hope the rumors are wrong and we don’t lose that one to the belt tightening. Moana is my favorite Disney movie in a very long time and I’d be heartbroken. I wish we had more of her in the parks.

I was also most excited about the Moana water feature. I'm hoping since they already ripped apart Future World that at least that area will still be completed. Not sure about that big two floor festival center thing.

I was also most excited about the Moana water feature. I'm hoping since they already ripped apart Future World that at least that area will still be completed. Not sure about that big two floor festival center thing.

Yeah I would imagine the festival center gets scaled down significantly.

Trying to stay positive though, I’m excited about Ratatouille and almost as excited about not having to do security twice coming in on the monorail! That was the only annoying thing about staying at the Poly the first time a couple years back. The new FW entrance is so much easier in general and bag check wasn’t nearly as onerous as it was the last time I had to come in that way, coming on the bus from French Quarter.

Now with all this talk about AoA, you got me re-thinking my plans. With four adults (my DSs will be 22 and 24) the suites look like they'd be much more comfortable for us than one room at GDT...will have to show my DH a couple videos to see what he thinks..My two DSs have already taken a peek and they think the suite idea sounds great (although one wants cars and the other lion king)...my youngest also is intrigued by the skyliner.

Now with all this talk about AoA, you got me re-thinking my plans. With four adults (my DSs will be 22 and 24) the suites look like they'd be much more comfortable for us than one room at GDT...will have to show my DH a couple videos to see what he thinks..My two DSs have already taken a peek and they think the suite idea sounds great (although one wants cars and the other lion king)...my youngest also is intrigued by the skyliner.

You know, you might be right.

The bathrooms at Gran Destino don't have a door between the sinks/mirror and the shower. It's all one room with a door to close off the toilet. So unless you are all okay with one person being in an all glass shower and another getting ready at sink, you may have an issue.

Although I'm not sure of the bathroom layout at AoA?

You know, you might be right.

The bathrooms at Gran Destino don't have a door between the sinks/mirror and the shower. It's all one room with a door to close off the toilet. So unless you are all okay with one person being in an all glass shower and another getting ready at sink, you may have an issue.

Although I'm not sure of the bathroom layout at AoA?
Funny...I just saw that about the shower a couple days ago and that's the other reason I was considering the move. I don't think my boys would want to be showering or getting ready at the same time I was for sure. In the suites at AoA, there are two bathrooms so that's even better. Just spoke with hubby and he said go ahead and make the change...just waiting til after dinner to call...

Funny...I just saw that about the shower a couple days ago and that's the other reason I was considering the move. I don't think my boys would want to be showering or getting ready at the same time I was for sure. In the suites at AoA, there are two bathrooms so that's even better. Just spoke with hubby and he said go ahead and make the change...just waiting til after dinner to call...

That's probably the best decision.

Well I will be sure to post a bunch of pics from when we stay there and maybe if you and your husband go yourselves you can try it!
:)

Cars Suite at Art of Animation it is! Just changed my reservation!
You’ll love it. The bathroom in the bedroom is large, with a double vanity, toilet, and glass shower all in one room. The bathroom off the living area is about like a value size bathroom with single vanity, toilet, and tub/shower with curtain.

The beds in the living area are a full-size (ir queen?) fold out sofa and the same size Murphy bed. Even if your guys are tall, unless they’re really big dudes, I think the beds will be fine. My two kids love having their own beds way apart from each other. Hopefully by the time they’re in their 20’s, they’ll appreciate each other more....🙄

You’ll love it. The bathroom in the bedroom is large, with a double vanity, toilet, and glass shower all in one room. The bathroom off the living area is about like a value size bathroom with single vanity, toilet, and tub/shower with curtain.

The beds in the living area are a full-size (ir queen?) fold out sofa and the same size Murphy bed. Even if your guys are tall, unless they’re really big dudes, I think the beds will be fine. My two kids love having their own beds way apart from each other. Hopefully by the time they’re in their 20’s, they’ll appreciate each other more....🙄
Thanks for the encouraging words! My sons are both 6 feet tall but not "really big dudes" so I think they'll be much more comfortable on the sofa and Murphy bed as opposed to sharing a queen. The two bathroom thing is great too, since we tend to get up early and rope drop so we'll be able to get ready quicker and get there even earlier!

Thanks for the encouraging words! My sons are both 6 feet tall but not "really big dudes" so I think they'll be much more comfortable on the sofa and Murphy bed as opposed to sharing a queen. The two bathroom thing is great too, since we tend to get up early and rope drop so we'll be able to get ready quicker and get there even earlier!

I was checking out room tours on YouTube for fun and found this one for the refurbed Cars suites, I had no idea AoA was getting room refurbs done but these look really cute!

We are April 24 to May 1 at Pop Century in 2021
Hoping for a COVID-19 vaccine -or we will move the reservations again.
Just DH & DW celebrating our 35 1/2 anniversary

I was tempted to book an AoA suite just for my group of 3. We like to have room to spread out! In the end we chose location over space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter