Can't Miss at DLP

kelleigh1

<font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree
What are your "can't miss" rides, attractions, etc. at DLP?

As first-timers, what do you suggest that we make sure to see/do? There will be 4 adults (ages 33-35) and 2 children (girl 11, boy 9).

This will be a first visit for all of us.

I have to recommend the dragon under the Castle!! He's very impressive and a bit of a different Disney attraction.

Have a wonderful trip!

We always do: Pirates of the Caribbean pirate: , Big Thunder Mountain, Haunted Mansion and It's a Small World (not to be missed!!! :sunny: ). Also you must see all the parades. Unless you don't like scary rides (like us!!!) everything is worth a go at least once. Have a wonderful time!!! :sunny:

from what I have read of these forums, a must for our trip is inventions character buffet, the parade, peter pan and the lion king show. :banana:

Does anyone know if pirates of the carribean ride is suitable for a 5 yr old?

PoC is dark but not really scary. It's a very gentle boatride with a couple of very gentle dips. The pirates aren't in-your-face - they're mostly a little way away and there's a nice song all the way along. pirate:

As firsts-timers it is worth being aware of Fass Pass system. This will cut down on time queuing as you collect a ticket that gives you a set time to come back too the ride on the FP queue.
Must do - Phantom manor, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lion King Show and Fantilusion parade.

Reid

thanks for all the tips.

Just to clarfiy, we're not first-time WDWers, but we are first time DLPers. Fast Pass is something we definitely know about from our trip to WDW a few years ago. Best thing ever invented, IMHO.

PeterPan1 said:
Don't forget Space Mountain Mission II too ! :teeth:

I would love to be brave enough to do this, but I'm afraid I will WIMP it out! I love watching others on the fast rides from the safety of the ground!!!

My golden rule is, if it has a lap belt I will ride it, if it has something going over the shoulders I wimp out!!!

That's funny Elaine - I'm just the opposite - I love having a shoulder harness and feel much safer. I did Dr Doom's Fearfall at Islands of Adventure in Orlando and was fine but after Tower of Terror, which is pretty similar but with only a lapbelt, I was literally shaking for some time after I came off!! :scared1: My son would agree with you however so maybe I'm weird!!! :teeth: I didn't like Space Mountain because you can't brace yourself as it's dark and you don't know what's coming!!! Rhiannon and I are working up to Indiana Jones when we go to DLP in November having wimped out on our 3 previous visits!!! :rotfl: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster is definitely out!!!

IMHO, Indy is an amazing (!!!!) coaster, assuming that you like coasters....I also really liked Peter Pan

Bon Voyage

Lights, Action, Motors at the Studios is one of the best things there imho, if you are going to the studios!!!

diberry said:
That's funny Elaine - I'm just the opposite - I love having a shoulder harness and feel much safer. I did Dr Doom's Fearfall at Islands of Adventure in Orlando and was fine but after Tower of Terror, which is pretty similar but with only a lapbelt, I was literally shaking for some time after I came off!! :scared1:

Haven't been to IOA but I LOVED Tower of Terror!!! Mind you, I only did it once!!! Next time we go to WDW, I am going to do it at night. :scared1: It will be so exciting when it comes to DLP.

Don't miss Space Mountain it's much better than the one at WDW.

'The car stunt show at the studios is great for the male of the species but in my opinion once you 've seen it thats it. But my DH & DS saw it 3 times on our last visit.

The castle which you can walk around inside & of course the dragon underneath.

The Alice in Wonderland Maze is good fun and when you eventually(!)get to the top of the tower in the centre you get a great view of Fantasyland.
Agree with Disney owl about the stunt show-DH and DSs insisted on us seeing it three times.I wish I'd gone shopping after the first time.Don't get me wrong it is a great show but once was enough for me.Imagine sitting in an open air theatre for an hour in the middle of January :cold:

Yes, sorry Verity, but I saw the motor stunt show once and have absolutely no desire to see it again!! Boys' toys - but it obviously appeals to some girls too!!! :) Mind you if we go back to WDW no doubt DH will want to see it there as it's new since we went last year. As you say, tmp, it's a bit different sitting in the freezing cold at DLP rather than the incredible heat of WDW!! :sunny:

It is not just girls who though once was enough. :rolleyes:
We went in November but all the kids including mum and dad thought the show lacked continuity.
I can appreciate all the skill in putting such a show together, but even my car mad little boy asked if we could leave as it was "boring"

Reid

A young man of rare good taste and discrimination!!! Must get it from his dad ( send my cheque later) :rotfl2:

My five year old absolutely adores it, along with Big Thunder Mountain (5 times in a row - last visit) and Phantom Manor, also my favourites It's a Small World and Peter Pan.
I have done Indiana Jones, couldn't bring myself to do Space Mountain, may be forced onto RocknRoller Coaster when we go next year, only because 5 year old insists on being measured every month and now currently stands at 1.22m. :sad2:

Re: Phantom Manor I warned him beforehand it might be scary - he was fine, on the other hand on Snow White, I let him go in a car on his own with his brother - he was scared witless by the forest, just worth mentioning. :earseek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter