Can't Miss at DLP

My husband and my niece will be riding Space Mountain and Rock n' Roller Coaster together and my nephew and I will probably wait on the sidelines.

If you only have one day, I'd skip the Studios. But if you do go to the Studios, go on Rock-n-Rollercoaster & see the stunt show. Also try to see Animagique, and do the Flying Carpets if you like that sort of ride (exactly the same as the ones in Adventureland at MK in WDW). But if you have one day, I recommend just doing Disneyland.

Hey, I loved the Motors stunt show! :earboy2: ::MinnieMo Not as much fun during a snowstorm, but I still really liked it. I preferred it to Indiana Jones at WDW.

Must-Dos at Disneyland:
Space Mountain
Thunder Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
It's a Small World (better than WDW's, IMO)
Peter Pan
Pinocchio (mainly because there's no Pinocchio ride at WDW)
Phantom Manor
Princess Parade

My biggest "tip" is to get to the park at opening time. People start to trickle in at DLP, and you can go on a lot of rides in the morning without waiting.

Great tip about early entry. We arrived for park opening on Sunday in November and had done 7 rides in the first hour. Walked on to Dumbo and Peter Pan. Those who have been before know that this is not possible later in the day :teeth:

Reid

Personally, I went on everything in the Disneyland Park when I was there the last time (for three nights) and I can't think of anything I didn't enjoy! Okay, so maybe the Mysteres de Nautilus wasn't all that great (the submarine) but still worth a visit. I honestly love every single ride! (Well, obviously I didn't go on the ones for little tiny kids, hehe.)

My favourites, though, are:

- Space Mountain (looking forward to Mission II!)
- Big Thunder Mountain
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Casey Jr's Circus Train (don't laugh!)
- Indiana Jones
- Star Tours
- Phantom Manor
- Alice's Curious Labyrinth

If you only have a limited time there, and with older kids, I think you're okay to skip Dumbo, the Mad Hatter's Teacups, and probably the Snow White and Pinocchio rides as well... although I do enjoy all of those. :wizard: But would probably only go on them the once. I actually like It's A Small World and I think you have to see it at least once!

I don't have a clue about the Walt Disney Studios park, though, as that is new to be and I'll be visiting for the first time in June! :Pinkbounc

When I went in 2001, my absolute favorites were:

Le Visionarium
Skull Rock and the whole discovery trail
Casey Jr.
Storybook Boats
Pirates of the Caribbean
Alice in Wonderland maze

Also, i very much enjoyed eating at the Main Street Bakery for breakfast each day :) I miss Disneyland Paris, i wanna go back! ::yes::

Le Visionarium is no more (did I spell it right?) :confused3

What does that mean? ::MickeyMo :wizard: :sunny:

Also, can someone please describe the Rock n Rollercoaster ride- as in decribe the track/turns/drops/loops. etc? Thanks!! :teeth:

The park management closed it down. In 2006 it becomes Buzz Lightyear attraction.

Reid

Ugh :(

Im really sorry to hear that, I loved that place and it was one of my favorite parts of my 2001 visit.

Cyrano said:
The park management closed it down. In 2006 it becomes Buzz Lightyear attraction.

Reid

Buzz Lightyear (WDW) is a great ride. A real favorite. :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter