Can't We Just Travel by Map? Oct 2013 PTR

oopsiDAISY

DIS Veteran
Hello Disfriends!!!! I finished a TR last week that kept the magic alive for the past 8 months of my life...so what to do now?!? Start a PTR of course!!! We will be going back to Disney October 9-15th. We have always gone in March, when they had the Flower and Garden Festival. We look forward to enjoying the Halloween Party and Food and Wine Festival this go round. I hope you will join me on my journey back to our Happy Place! :tinker:

Allow me to introduce the oopsiDAISY family to you...

First there is me, oopsiDAISY:
005.jpg

I thought this would be a fitting photo since we WILL be at WDW for our very first Food and Wine Festival! :cool1: I am Connie, 41 year old wife and mother of three. I work full time at a local private university. I am obsessed with Disney. (But aren't we all? After all, isn't that why we are on the Disboards?) I love to read and I love to cook...when there is time to "do it up right." I am addicted to FUN! I live in a constant state of planning for fun stuff to do with my hubby and kids. Stick around to see movie nights, campouts, concerts, zoo trips...whatever fun stuff I can find for us to do!

Next up is DH:
002.jpg

Brian is 36 years old. He is an aviation maintenance planner. He is a Star Wars geek and a video game junkie. Brian's a wonderful husband and a fantastic father to our children. On our last Disney trip he finally drank the koolaid and now loves Disney ALMOST as much as I do. :cloud9:

Then we have DD13:
Photo0340FourBySix.jpg

Jillian just turned 13 in September. She is a daddy's girl. She loves Star Wars, Twilight, Hunger Games, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean...and whatever else ISN'T girly! :thumbsup2 She is an adrenaline junkie to the MAX. She loves all the thrill rides. She likes things that scare her. She also has my love of cooking.

And DD10:
Photo0497FourBySix.jpg

Charity is my girly-girl. She loves all things pink and sparkly. She does NOT like thrill rides. She is a people person, and loves to keep her social calendar just as full as Mommy and Daddy will allow. Charity is just as her name indicates~ she is very kind and loving, therefore she has lots of "best friends". :goodvibes

And the caboose to our oopsi-train is DS6:
Photo0350FourBySix.jpg

Gabriel is indeed a character, and he is ALL BOY! He amazes us every day with his vivid imagination...we just love that about him. He has an entire wall of hooks in his room devoted to his costumes. He likes Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones and super heros of all kinds. He wanted to try ALL the thrill rides last time we went, but just wasn't tall enough for some of them. He told us all that week, and still tells us that he will be seven years old next time we go, so he will get to go on EVERYTHING. ::yes::

And joining us on this trip will be the oopsiParents:
027-1.jpg

This is my mom and dad (Janet and Donald). Not only are they the most awesome parents ever...they ROCK as grandparents! They live seven hours away from us, so we don't see them as often as we would like, but our kids stay with them three weeks out of the year (1 week each for Spring, Summer and Fall breaks). They are where I got my addiction to fun from. They love to travel and everyday occurances become a party when they are around.

Brian's parents may or may not be joining us also....we are still trying to talk them into it. Also a possibility are my BFF and her hubby...and kids...and parents.

This could prove to be a WILD and CRAZY week at Disney. Not only will we be surrounded by lots of IRL family and friends, but there are a couple of Dismeets in the works as well. So get ready for a WILD ride friends!!!

Ooh, I'm in!! Can't wait to follow along--I love all of the Disney fun stuff you all do!

Hey Oopsi!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it!!!

Loved meeting your family again - the pictures you posted are perfect representations of them! :)

I didn't realize that you were bringing family with - how awesome!!!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans. :)

D~

I'm in! I read your entire TR of your most recent trip today. I'm home right now riding out Hurricane Sandy and it helped me pass the time. I'm looking forward to being along for the ride as you plan your next trip. I must admit I'm slightly jealous as we have no future trips to Disney planned. We were down in June and had a blast. We are going on a Disney cruise next year so hopefully that will hold me over, but I really, really, really miss Disney World.

I'm joining in! Your family is adorable. I love the pics of the kids...I feel like I already kind of know them. The personalities you described totally fit the pics! I can't wait to read more! :banana:

Ooh, I'm in!! Can't wait to follow along--I love all of the Disney fun stuff you all do!

You were the first one on board...WELCOME!!!! party: We are definitely a Disney lovin' family. It is common to have a round of 20 Questions Disney going on at our dinner table any night of the week.

Hey Oopsi!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it!!!

Loved meeting your family again - the pictures you posted are perfect representations of them! :)

I didn't realize that you were bringing family with - how awesome!!!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans. :)

D~

You got here second! You didn't win the party, but you definitely deserve this guy>>>> :dancer:

Yep, my folks are joining us this time. They won't do near as much park time as the rest of us, but they will do a few hours here and there. They have friends that let them in for free.:thumbsup2 They own a non-Disney time share...but more on that in the days to come... :rolleyes1

I'm in too! Yay oopsi...can't wait to meet you and your adorable family!

Ah, I can't wait to meet you and your family too, Suzi!!! :goodvibes I am so glad you are forcing your DH to come too...now to figure out how to force him to have some fun! :rotfl2: I am REALLY looking forward to this trip...but then again, I REALLY look forward to EVERY trip to my happy place! pixiedust:

I'm in! I read your entire TR of your most recent trip today. I'm home right now riding out Hurricane Sandy and it helped me pass the time. I'm looking forward to being along for the ride as you plan your next trip. I must admit I'm slightly jealous as we have no future trips to Disney planned. We were down in June and had a blast. We are going on a Disney cruise next year so hopefully that will hold me over, but I really, really, really miss Disney World.

:welcome: Great to "see a new face" on here! I do hope you and your family are all safe. :goodvibes Sandy sure is wreaking havoc in our nation right now. :sad1:

Well, you can be jealous of our upcoming WDW trip and I will be jealous of your cruise, deal? :rotfl: I want SO BADLY to do a Disney Cruise, but the only way we could swing it financially would be to skip Disney vacation and wait two years to do the cruise...just not sure I want to make a sacrifice THAT big, you know? Are you doing a PTR for your cruise?

I'm in too :cool1: I need to get off my lazy butt and start my PTR. I only have 7 months to go :goodvibes

WELCOME!!! and let me know when you start that PTR...I just love interacting with new Disfriends and getting to know them better! :goodvibes

***edited to say...you started it!!!! I have already made my way over there!

Found you!!!!!

Going to sit back an read now....

Yay, Mo is here!!!! My threadjacking friends have all shown up now!!! :cool1: (Yes, I am referring to YOU >>>>>> D~, Suzi and Mo!!!)

I'm joining in! Your family is adorable. I love the pics of the kids...I feel like I already kind of know them. The personalities you described totally fit the pics! I can't wait to read more! :banana:

Ah, so glad you are here Pixie!!! Not sure when your dates are, will we be able to meet possibly? BTW~ can I just be jealous that you get to have a "big people" trip? :rolleyes1 Brian and I WILL do that...someday!!! :goodvibes

Subbing.

Your children are adorable. :lovestruc

:welcome: I just hopped over to your PTR to return the favor!!! I just love seeing my friends from the FB page join the party! :goodvibes

Joining in!

Welcome! I just subbed to your PTR as well! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to catch up on it and read your other reports... :coffee:

So, how did I come up with the title to this PTR? :confused3 As you can tell from my former PTR and TR titles, I was never really all that creative :sad2: ...so THIS time I really wanted something a little more "catchy", a little more FUN! (cause don't forget, I have a serious addiction to FUN!)

We will be driving to Disney this time, which is what we usually do. We got a fantastic deal through SW last time we went, and actually got to fly...and we spoil easily. I am not looking forward to the drive. Historically we have split the trip into two days, driving halfway and spending the night at a hotel along the way. Brian and I have decided to leave after work this time and drive straight through all night. The trip will take about twelve hours. We plan to stock up on 5 hour energy...:crazy2:

A couple of weeks ago we watched the Muppets Movie, again...when all of a sudden inspiration hit!!! When the Muppets needed to get to Paris to find Miss Piggy they knew it would take too long to just drive...so they "traveled by map". It saved SO MUCH TIME! Check out this video if you have no idea what I am talking about, (or if you just want to watch some awesome Muppets movie footage). :thumbsup2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv5Xib72wrA

Wouldn't it be fabulous if we could "travel by map"?

The muppets are my all time favorite!!!! I really wish they would bring back the show..
WHY IS THERE NO muppet smilie icon?!?!?!

:surfweb:

So, how did I come up with the title to this PTR? :confused3 As you can tell from my former PTR and TR titles, I was never really all that creative :sad2: ...so THIS time I really wanted something a little more "catchy", a little more FUN! (cause don't forget, I have a serious addiction to FUN!)

We will be driving to Disney this time, which is what we usually do. We got a fantastic deal through SW last time we went, and actually got to fly...and we spoil easily. I am not looking forward to the drive. Historically we have split the trip into two days, driving halfway and spending the night at a hotel along the way. Brian and I have decided to leave after work this time and drive straight through all night. The trip will take about twelve hours. We plan to stock up on 5 hour energy...:crazy2:

A couple of weeks ago we watched the Muppets Movie, again...when all of a sudden inspiration hit!!! When the Muppets needed to get to Paris to find Miss Piggy they knew it would take too long to just drive...so they "traveled by map". It saved SO MUCH TIME! Check out this video if you have no idea what I am talking about, (or if you just want to watch some awesome Muppets movie footage). :thumbsup2

(*would one of my Disfriends who are "in the know" be willing to provide a tutorial on how to create post links for a table of contents?)

WHat is this map thing you speak of? I had to show my kids what one was. I explained not everything is GPS you know.

131 days till next Disney Trip!!

The muppets are my all time favorite!!!! I really wish they would bring back the show..
WHY IS THERE NO muppet smilie icon?!?!?!

:surfweb:

There definitely should be a muppet emoticon...at least ONE would be nice!!

WHat is this map thing you speak of? I had to show my kids what one was. I explained not everything is GPS you know.

131 days till next Disney Trip!!

Touche, my friend!! Technology is just a two edged sword... :sad2:

131 days?!? Oh, you are so much closer than I am to the double digit dance. We are at 335 days...:hourglass

Yay, Mo is here!!!! My threadjacking friends have all shown up now!!! :cool1: (Yes, I am referring to YOU >>>>>> D~, Suzi and Mo!!!)

Moi???? Certainly not me... I swear - I have never threadjacked in my life. :confused3 I have no idea what you are talking about. :rolleyes1

It's Suzi's fault... :thumbsup2

(*would one of my Disfriends who are "in the know" be willing to provide a tutorial on how to create post links for a table of contents?)

here you go...

Just remove the + in both

[+url=http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46575586&postcount=1]Introductions[/url]

[+url=copy and paste the url in your web address box here when you have it open in a seperate window, you have to click on the post # at the top of each individual post]name of the post[/url]

Make sense?

D~

Moi???? Certainly not me... I swear - I have never threadjacked in my life. :confused3 I have no idea what you are talking about. :rolleyes1

It's Suzi's fault... :thumbsup2

here you go...

Just remove the + in both

[+url=http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=46575586&postcount=1]Introductions[/url]

[+url=copy and paste the url in your web address box here when you have it open in a seperate window, you have to click on the post # at the top of each individual post]name of the post[/url]

Make sense?

D~

Got it!!! I can do this now. Thank you for all your help, D~! And your patience with a slow learner... :rolleyes1

And I am sure it IS Suzi's fault...after all she's not here defending herself is she?!? :rotfl2:

:welcome: Great to "see a new face" on here! I do hope you and your family are all safe. :goodvibes Sandy sure is wreaking havoc in our nation right now. :sad1:

Well, you can be jealous of our upcoming WDW trip and I will be jealous of your cruise, deal? :rotfl: I want SO BADLY to do a Disney Cruise, but the only way we could swing it financially would be to skip Disney vacation and wait two years to do the cruise...just not sure I want to make a sacrifice THAT big, you know? Are you doing a PTR for your cruise?

We have been contemplating a cruise for some time now, but I could never give up our WDW time. This past summer, just DH and myself took the 2-night cruise to nowhere out of NYC and we loved it! We are really looking forward to our cruise next year, but I know when I am in MCO and see all the ME buses lined up getting ready to head to WDW I'll feel a little twinge of disappointment. Right now it looks like our next trip to the World will be, at the earliest, October, 2014. :crazy2: UGH! That seems so far away. I'll live vicariously through you, and everyone else traveling to the World, until I can go again. Who knows, maybe I'll be hooked on cruising for awhile (as long as its with Disney).

I don't know if I'll do a PTR. I've never done one before, but love reading other people's PTR and TR. If I don't do a PTR maybe I'll do a TR. I really don't know a lot about DCL; I don't know if it would be enough for a PTR. We'll see...:rolleyes1

Thanks for your well wishes as we rode out Sandy. Thankfully, we never lost power and didn't take on any water. We did miss two days of school, though. My heart goes out to the many others that were not as fortunate as us. Some of the pictures of the east coast (and NYC) look horrible. I'm sending many prayers to those affected.

No fair picking on the girl who only has her phone to DIS on right now thanks to Sandy! Seems the little hurricane knocked out my internet...it's a P.I.A. commenting by phone. But rest assured, I am here and I know whay you are saying about me. *grrrrr face* (see, no smilies on the phone)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter