car rental to WDW

Canadave

DIS Veteran
Has anyone rented a minivan (or other vehicle) to take to WDW? Although our van is in good shape, it is putting some miles (kilometers) on it. Just curious if renting a newer model would be worth the piece of mind...not having to worry about breaking down and probably a more comfortable ride.
Which rental company has the best service for this purpose?...Not necessarily looking for the cheapest, but the less $, the better:) ...Any problems with a rental going to the U.S.?...any extra costs?...which companies to definitely avoid?
All help and opinions are appreciated
Canadave

Actually, I was wondering this myself (sorry I don't have an answer for you Canadave). Our car is more of a two-seater (it has back seats, but it's hard to fit people) and the friends we're thinking of going with don't have their own cars (no insurance). I looked into some of the rates and it seems pretty expensive once you add in the cost of the extra drivers and the insurance. The rental companies also seem to give you a break only if you rent for a week at a time... there doesn't seem to be any deals if you rent for say 10 days. Let me know if you figure anything out. I'd like to eventually make the drive to Florida again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter