Car Service from LAX to Disneyland?

I booked with 24-7 ride for 201 round trip for October from LAX to our hotel walking distance to Disneyland. It’s a private van for up to 7. We used them last month when we had a 6 hour layover flying home from Hawaii and wanted to ride bikes in Santa Monica. Both of our drivers were on time and had great communication. I was very pleased with them!
I am so glad to hear this! I just booked with them and now i am reading horrible reviews of them on trip advisor! I was considering canceling! Karmel and primetime also have horrid reviews!

I always use Lansky whether I fly into LAX or SNA. I have never had an issue, they meet me at the baggage claim help with luggage and are always very friendly. One family vacation my grandson started to feel car sick and the driver actually had a plastic bag just in case. I have a trip booked for September the week of the D23 event I was able to change my flight to arrive at 3:00 pm rather than 9:00 pm. I was worried that they might not be able to pick me up but they e-mailed me back saying it was no problem.

We used MidWil from LAX to the Grand (at DLR now) and was impressed. Older van but they were waiting when we arrived. Just had to text our location and they arrived within 5 minutes. Nice, smooth trip. Using them for our return as well.

I've been checking Uber prices for LAX-Grand Californian lately. More than $400 roundtrip???
Are these California normal prices or is it because it's for Disneyland and they target clueless tourists?

The ground transportation that can be selected on Disney's website during the booking process is provided by Karmel Shuttle and it costs $352 roundtrip (less than Uber). Are there any reasons/advantages to book a shuttle separately (on 3rd party websites including Karmel or Lansky) and not use that option on Disney's website?

Thank you!

I've been checking Uber prices for LAX-Grand Californian lately. More than $400 roundtrip???
Are these California normal prices or is it because it's for Disneyland and they target clueless tourists?

The ground transportation that can be selected on Disney's website during the booking process is provided by Karmel Shuttle and it costs $352 roundtrip (less than Uber). Are there any reasons/advantages to book a shuttle separately (on 3rd party websites including Karmel or Lansky) and not use that option on Disney's website?

Thank you!
Have you made sure you're scrolling down to see the UberX prices? When you request an uber from LAX it shows Uber Black first because they're the ones that are able to pick up at the terminal instead of at LAX-it. If you scroll down to the UberX prices they're usually more reasonable - $50-100 (one way) depending on time of day and surges.

Have you made sure you're scrolling down to see the UberX prices? When you request an uber from LAX it shows Uber Black first because they're the ones that are able to pick up at the terminal instead of at LAX-it. If you scroll down to the UberX prices they're usually more reasonable - $50-100 (one way) depending on time of day and surges.

I didn't realize it was Uber Black. You are right, the Uber X prices are more reasonable. Thank you so much!!!

I am also potentially looking into shuttles for an October trip. Karmel quoted me $130 each way for a shared van from LAX to Anaheim. I looked at Uber and it was $58 one way in a regular vehicle. Of course that could fluctuate, but I thought $130 for a one way trip in a shared van was a little high. Any other suggestions are appreciated! I'm guessing there is nothing comparable to Mears or the Sunshine Flyer at WDW?

I am also potentially looking into shuttles for an October trip. Karmel quoted me $130 each way for a shared van from LAX to Anaheim. I looked at Uber and it was $58 one way in a regular vehicle. Of course that could fluctuate, but I thought $130 for a one way trip in a shared van was a little high. Any other suggestions are appreciated! I'm guessing there is nothing comparable to Mears or the Sunshine Flyer at WDW?
I've booked with MidWil for November (haven't used them before). They quoted me $130 for a private ride from LAX to Anaheim. It was the cheapest quote I received. We've booked with Lansky in the past but decided we didn't need the grocery stop this time (we are going to have groceries delivered right to our hotel) and they were quite a bit more $.

I was planning on using Lanksy or Anaheim town car service from SNA but they are all booked up. Has anyone used Sunny's or executive car service? Majority of reviews from executive car service are great but they are coming from LAX airport. Or please share any other great private car services.

Last edited:
My wife and I just used Karmel for getting from LAX to Camelot Inn and back, booked as part of our air and hotel package. No complaints, our ride from airport was shared with one other couple, pickup was right outside our terminal, and for trip back, was able to negotiate a better departure time from our hotel (first was too early) when we confirmed the day before, driver was right on time, very good driver, wife and I were only couple in the van this time. Dropped off right at our terminal again. Only downside was I couldn't confirm my reservation online, it took calling them directly, but worked out well. I would use them again. Keep in mind, this is only our experience, I can't speak to others.

My wife and I just used Karmel for getting from LAX to Camelot Inn and back, booked as part of our air and hotel package. No complaints, our ride from airport was shared with one other couple, pickup was right outside our terminal, and for trip back, was able to negotiate a better departure time from our hotel (first was too early) when we confirmed the day before, driver was right on time, very good driver, wife and I were only couple in the van this time. Dropped off right at our terminal again. Only downside was I couldn't confirm my reservation online, it took calling them directly, but worked out well. I would use them again. Keep in mind, this is only our experience, I can't speak to others.
Curious what was the time they offered, what time was your flight and what time did you negotiate? And how did it all work out ;-)

AS I've said on another thread about this, I have been unable (*despite now FIVE separate requests!) to get a quote from MidWilshuttle! We are in the UK so cannot ring them and I am at my wits end to know who to go with-are Karmel OK? I know they get tipped up in Unofficial Guide but you never know...

AS I've said on another thread about this, I have been unable (*despite now FIVE separate requests!) to get a quote from MidWilshuttle! We are in the UK so cannot ring them and I am at my wits end to know who to go with-are Karmel OK? I know they get tipped up in Unofficial Guide but you never know...
I think more people here seem to prefer Lansky. Don't know if prices are comparable.

Last edited:
I think more people here seem to prefer Lansky. Don't know if prices are comparable.

Lanksy now has a required 20% gratuity for drivers. We prefer them, but it essentially makes Lanksy double ($200) what you would pay for a Lyft ($100) from LAX to GCH. It's a policy they didn't have in early 2021, so we're exploring other options.

Pretty sure MidWil also requires or at least encourages advance tipping. It's important to know that when comparing prices.
Frankly, I'm happy to get it done ahead of time, then slip the drivers a little extra cash if they go above and beyond.

Pretty sure MidWil also requires or at least encourages advance tipping. It's important to know that when comparing prices.
Frankly, I'm happy to get it done ahead of time, then slip the drivers a little extra cash if they go above and beyond.

The quote we got for LAX to GCH:

Lanksy - $216
MidWilShuttle - $120
Lyft - $100

Our ride would be early in the morning on a Sunday and Google says it should take around 30-40 minutes, which means Lanksy is requiring we tip the driver roughly $1 a minute.

The quote we got for LAX to GCH:

Lanksy - $216
MidWilShuttle - $120
Lyft - $100

Our ride would be early in the morning on a Sunday and Google says it should take around 30-40 minutes, which means Lanksy is requiring we tip the driver roughly $1 a minute.
We pre-tipped MilWilShuttle $20 each way, and ours came to $160 one-way.

We used MidWilShuttle this last weekend and will probably not go with them again. We have previously used Lanksy which is there waiting for you when you land, our driver took about 10 minutes to pick us up, and it was pretty cold outside.

All in all, if we're going to wait for a car, I'd prefer to use Uber or Lyft - especially if we're just being dropped off at a hotel with no luggage.

I booked Executive Car Service for our trip this July. In the past we have used Lansky's for SNA-DLR as well as USH-DLR but we were not as thrilled with them last time we used them March 2022. Nothing super terrible but I wanted to try a different company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter