Caribbean Beach FAQ part V

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back today from staying at CBR. We stayed in Jamaica 4424. We did not ask for a water view but we had a great one! :dance3:We were almost right across from the bridge and had a quiet pool right next to us too! :goodvibes The walk to the main pool and food court was about 5 min. Of course, the main pool was down after our 1st day. We did get into it our 1st day but it was very cold! Our quite pool was MUCH warmer. We also only had a 3 min walk to our bus stop. Never had to wait more than 15 min for a bus, and our buses where never packed. Full, but not packed. There is a lot of construction and touch ups going on right now (worse at MK) but that is to be expected this time of year. I would say the food court was no better or worse than any other Disney resort we stayed at. I am glad we did not do a pirate room. They are so far away from everything. Maybe if my kids were younger? All in all, great trip and we really enjoyed CBR!:flower3:

Thanks for all the up-to-date info! I agree about the pirate rooms. At 9 and 12, my boys have lost their pirate fascination a bit and I don't think its worth the extra cost + distance. Though, they would probably still love it! We usually just use the rooms as a place to crash at night while at Disney but this year we've allotted one day to hang out at the resort. Hopefully the weather and pool will be warm when we're there in two weeks:yay: I am leaning toward asking for Jamaica! I think the kids would love the trek across the bridge and it looks close to the main pool on the map. Too bad they don't have the pirate rooms in Trinidad North. That would be temptingpirate:

Hi - ask for building 21, we stayed in room 2116 - it's a non preferred. If you have a chance to watch our You Tube Video under our ticker, you may be able to see the court yard in front of our room.

Watched your video! I think I'm more excited now than the kids (or maybe that was always the case:)) about our trip to CBR in 16 days:yay:

Is there a gym or some sort of exercise room onsite at CBR? I didn't see anything online. Just curious.

Hi - ask for building 21, we stayed in room 2116 - it's a non preferred. If you have a chance to watch our You Tube Video under our ticker, you may be able to see the court yard in front of our room.

I'm such a sap, I cried during your video. It looks like you and your daughter had an amazing trip. :goodvibes

Anyone have a copy of a somewhat recent schedule of resort events that you get at check in? It's been a while since we stayed at CBR, but are thinking about a short stay in August. We plan to spend lots of time at the pool since it will be so hot. Last time we stayed here we never saw any pool parties or movies at night like we've experienced at other resorts over the last year or two. I'd love to see a schedule to determine if we want to stay at CBR or go with a different resort. Thanks.

I have another question. We've only stayed in the pirate rooms so far. While we think they are adorable, and my children and myself don't mind the walk, my mom will be with us and she has some difficulties with lots of walking, and often has to rent a scooter in the parks. If we stay at CBR this summer we are going to book a preferred location. What building should we request? Is there a certain building that has an advantage over other preferred buildings. I'd like a location that's as close to the main pool and food court as possible, but also close to a bus stop. It looks like building 26 in Martinique would be a great location. Any suggestions?

I have another question. We've only stayed in the pirate rooms so far. While we think they are adorable, and my children and myself don't mind the walk, my mom will be with us and she has some difficulties with lots of walking, and often has to rent a scooter in the parks. If we stay at CBR this summer we are going to book a preferred location. What building should we request? Is there a certain building that has an advantage over other preferred buildings. I'd like a location that's as close to the main pool and food court as possible, but also close to a bus stop. It looks like building 26 in Martinique would be a great location. Any suggestions?

We've stayed in Martinique 25 and 26 and they both seemed very close and convenient to Old Port Royale. We also have stayed in Trinidad North 31 and it wasn't a long walk at all, but seemed farther from the food court than the Martinique buildings -- but closer to the pool, if that makes sense.

Anyone have a copy of a somewhat recent schedule of resort events that you get at check in? It's been a while since we stayed at CBR, but are thinking about a short stay in August. We plan to spend lots of time at the pool since it will be so hot. Last time we stayed here we never saw any pool parties or movies at night like we've experienced at other resorts over the last year or two. I'd love to see a schedule to determine if we want to stay at CBR or go with a different resort. Thanks.

I know that the times of activities will change with the seasons, so not sure if a recent schedule will be of any use. I can say that when we were there this past October, they had activities for what seemed like all day every day. We did not spend a full day at the CBR pool, but whenever we walked by they had games, dancing, etc going on. Plus a poolside movie every night.

I know that the times of activities will change with the seasons, so not sure if a recent schedule will be of any use. I can say that when we were there this past October, they had activities for what seemed like all day every day. We did not spend a full day at the CBR pool, but whenever we walked by they had games, dancing, etc going on. Plus a poolside movie every night.

Ok great, that's actually exactly what I wanted to know. We stayed at CBR in 2009 and 2010 and they never had the pool parties or activities while we were at the pool. However, since then we've stayed at several other resorts that had the pool parties. All that you mention is what we have enjoyed at the other resorts. From what I can tell the activities change a bit, but for the most part its pretty much the same thing at each resort, or at least that's what we've experienced. I really just wanted to verify that they do indeed have poolside activities and parties, and the movie at night.

Where exactly was the movie set up? At WL, Poly, GF, and BC its done on the beach. Is the movie set up on the beach or in the pool area?

Thanks!

Watched your video! I think I'm more excited now than the kids (or maybe that was always the case:)) about our trip to CBR in 16 days:yay:

It's ok, usually it's the parents that gets excited :banana: the most while planning the vacation and researching. We are already experiencing the vacation before we even leave town.

Thanks for the compliment on the video, we had a lot of fun getting it together.

Where exactly was the movie set up? At WL, Poly, GF, and BC its done on the beach. Is the movie set up on the beach or in the pool area?

Thanks!

They set it up to the right of the pool and Banana Cabana. It's a big open area that is used for outside dining during the day. They setup 10-15 rows of chairs towards the front and then the tables are all moved to the back. But you can still enjoy the movie from the tables and eat, have a drink etc.

Does anyone know how long the main pool will be closed for?
Edit: Nevermind, I just called, and they told me that it's open...must have been a quick closure.

My husband to be and I are staying at CBR :love: for our honey moon in late April. We are more than thrilled that we are able to go. And because we are Disney lovers we want to do everything over the top so we are staying in a Pirate room. My biggest question that I can't seem to get answered is whether or not there are King beds in a pirate room. On the website it says they are an option and but then they put us for a standard room. So if anyone has any idea, please let me know. pirate:

WE CAN NOT WAIT TO GET THERE. It feels like forever away but its less than three months away. What makes is even worse is we are getting married the day before we leave. We are just ready for it all to get here. :bride::cool2:

Hello all,

After nearly 10 months of waiting we checked into CBR. The reason we chose this resort over the other moderates was because of the fantastic pool area.

The first thing we find out when we check in is that the fantastic pool area will be closed for 3 of our 7 nights!!! No advanced notice given! We were a little disapointed and considered switching resorts but really the reason we did not pick the others was due to the pool. A very nice CM was willing to let us move to POR or POFQ but in the end we decided to stay put after all there was a smaller pool right outside our room.

Just got back from a full day at DHS and the kids want to go for a swim in this very convienent pool out side our rooms door. Take them down to the pool for a swim my son jumps in and gets out very quickly saying the pool is too cold. I put my foot in the pool and the water feels like it is barely 70 degrees. These pools are supposed to be heated to 80. Speak to front desk they say they will have someone look at the pools heater. I just saw a comment from another poster and they mentioned that last week the Aruba pool was too cold for swimming so obviously Disney is not heating this pool for what ever reason.

On the bright side free wi-fi in all rooms now.

Sorry for this rant but this pool thing has just got me all worked up. The main difference I see between a Value and a Moderate for me is the Nicer pool and the Hot Tub which I paid money for and for half of my trip I am not getting to benefit for what I paid extra money for.

Also as a FYI they have something planned for the Aruba 53 54 area as currently they have the entire parking area closed off and are erecting large tents for some sort of private event. They also have areas mapped out for transportation for this event. Any one know what is going on and when it is happening?

Has the pool situation improved in Aruba? Also, does anyone know which nights Fantasmic is presented in HS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter