Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetymom

dis veteran
DISNEY'S CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT

Martinique quiet pool closed Jan. 5-30, 2009
Trinidad South Quiet Pool closed Feb. 9- Feb. 20, 2009

The new pool is open!!!! :) Pictures of the new pool at CBR. Opened Sept. 10, 2008

Christmas at CBR 2007 Photos

Construction Pictures Nov 13 2007

Construction Pictures Dec. 20, 2007

CBR Pool closed pictures Jan. 7,2008

CBR Pool construction and slide at Barbados Jan 11, 2008

CBR Construction photos Feb. 23, 2008.

Pictures of the Construction Feb. 08. Courtesy of IllinoisDisney

Pictures of the pool construction Apr. 4, 2008

CBR Pool construction photos May 9, 2008

Pictures of the Pool May 29, 2008

Pictures of the pool construction July 3, 2008

Pictures of the pool construction Aug. 20, 2008

Almost ready to swim in.Sept 6,2008

DSC_2321051.jpg

Occasionally they have live groups playing in the courtyard at Old Port Royale.

DSC_2320050.jpg

Arcade photos

Welcome to the CBR FAQ's Part III. This thread will always be stuck at the top of the Resorts board along with all the other resorts.

Please sit back, kick your shoes off and enjoy reading about CBR. If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them.

Phone: 407-934-3400

900 Cayman Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
(for priority shipping)
Mailing Address:
Post Office Box 10,000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
(for United States Postal Service deliveries)

Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ’s

CBR opened Oct. 1988. The resort is arranged around a 42 acre lake. The size of the resort is 200 acres and has 2,112 guest rooms.

Where can I find a map of CBR?

http://www.idhal.com/CBR/cbr.html

Where can I find pictures of the resort?

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=1770063

Can you tell me about the different villages at CBR?

There are 5 villages at CBR.
Trinidad - 576 Rooms - Terra Cotta, Bronze, Green color scheme; Trinidad, buildings 3100, 3200, 3300 are located in close proximity to Old Port Royale.
Martinique - 384 Rooms - Sea Blue, Red/Pink Trim color scheme
Barbados - 384 Rooms - Salmon, Pink/Teal color scheme
Aruba - 384 Rooms - Pink Purple with Teal Roofs color scheme
Jamaica- 384 Rooms- Yellow, Blue

21 Special needs rooms
2,112 Non Smoking rooms
The entire resort is non smoking now. Here is a link to the Smoking areas at the resorts at WDW. http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/

Bedding:Two Double beds are in each room except rooms with king beds. Rollaways $15.00 plus tax. Crib on request (under 3 years)

Each village has its own pool except Trinidad has 2.

Rooms can accommodate up to 4 people. There is a curtain between the room and the sink area. Coffeepots, full size ironing boards and irons, hair dryer are provided. Mickey bar soap and shampoo is provided daily.
They are all 2 story buildings. They have no elevators. They also now have refrigerators in every room. http://www.idhal.com/photogallery/photo2058/real_p.htm

Preferred locations
Martinique it will be buildings 24, 25, 26. In Trinidad North it will be 31,32,33. The additional charge will be $15 per night.

How do I check in at CBR? Where can I buy tickets?

You will need to stop at the guard shack before entering CBR. Be sure to have your room confirmation and a Photo ID to show the guard. He will direct you to the Customs House. There is a guest services window in the Customs house. They can help with information, priority seatings, ticket information.

Where do I do laundry? At each quiet pool is a laundry room. They have 8 washers and 10 dryers.
DSC_2326056.jpg

DSC_2328058.jpg

Where can I buy meals, souvenirs, play games, etc.?

You would need to go to Old Port Royale. This is where the food court, gift shop, video arcade, sit down restaurant, is located. The food court area has a central check out with different stations serving a variety of meals for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. There is a sit down area and there is also the Grab and Go market area with separate check out. The Grab and Go market has different selections during the day. Varies from bread, bagels, donuts, cereal, sandwiches, beer, wine, desserts, etc.

Shutters at Old Port Royale is the sit down restaurant. You can make Priority seatings for this restaurant.

What is the island in the middle of the lake?

The island is called Caribbean Cay(used to be called Parrot Cay). It has several play areas for kids and some tucked away romantic benches for adults. There are bridges that connect the island to the mainland. It is great to walk around the island and enjoy the views.

How far is it to walk around the lake?

The distance around the lake is 1.4 miles. It is great for walking, jogging, and riding bicycles.

DSC_2324054.jpg

Where can I rent boats and bicycles?

Marina, Barefoot Bay Boat Yard (407) 934-2851
Old Port Royale/Lighthouse
Hours: (subject to change)
10:00am - 5:00pm
Last rental at closing
Lake cleared 30 minutes after closing
Marina hours are approximate (may close due to inclement weather)
Rentals:
Sea Raycer by Sea Ray®: $24.00(plus tax) per 30 mins. 38.00 per hour.
Canoe 3 guests max $6.50 per 30 mins. Sun Tracker®Pontoon Boats: $42.00(plus tax) per 1/2 hour
Pedal Boats: (1-4 passengers) $6.50 (plus tax) per 1/2 hour
Sailboats: (1-2 passengers): $20.00(plus tax) per hour
17' Boston Whaler Montauk 6 guests max. $33.00 per 30 mins.

DSC_2325055.jpg

Boat Rentals

In order to rent watercraft, a guest must be 18 years of age and present a WDW Guest ID or valid driver's license.
Marina Plans for Walt Disney World Resort Guests only

Requirements for driving watercraft: Not sure if this has changed lately!
A child must be at least 12 years old and at least 5-feet tall to drive the mouseboats There is a maximum combined weight of 320 lbs. permitted for a mouseboat.
Drivers of pontoon boats must be 18 years of age. (Maximum of 8 people)
Drivers of canopy boats must be 18 years of age. (Maximum of 6 people)
All drivers under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign a release.
Drivers 18 years of age must provide ID with birth date.

Bike Rentals
Barefoot Bay Bike Works: (407) 934-2851
Old Port Royale/Lighthouse
Hours- 10-5 daily( Subject to change)

Prices:
Mongoose® Bicycle: $8.00(plus tax) per hour/$22.00 (plus tax) per day
Surrey Bike (2-seater): $18.00(plus tax) per 1/2 hour
Surrey Bike (4-seater): $22.00(plus tax) per 1/2 hour
Children’s bikes, child seats and helmets are available
A limited number of children’s bikes have training wheels
No overnight rentals

What time are pools open and do I need to bring my room tools to the pool?

POOLS

Pool use is for Caribbean Beach Resort Guests and Disney Vacation Club Members ONLY. During certain times of the year, Disney Vacation Club usage may be suspended due to capacity. Please contact front desk to verify.

Pools are heated to approximately 82 degrees at all Walt Disney World Resorts
For safety, diaper-age children must wear plastic pants or swim diapers

Pool Hours: 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM(subject to change)
Lifeguard/Slide Hours- 10am to 8pm (subject to change)

CBRfinishedpool039.jpg

The main pool has water falls, a slide, a kiddie pool and a spa.
Towels: A limited supply of towels is available at the Old Port Royale pool ONLY. Guests may also bring towels from their room. There are no towels available at the Village Pools.

There are separate showers in the locker rooms at the Old Port Royale pool

There are coin operated lockers at the Old Port Royale pool only.

Village Pools

Hours:7:00am - midnight (subject to change)
Swimming, sunbathing, and coin operated laundry facility
No lifeguards at Village pools. Swim at own risk.

Towels: No towels available. Guests should bring towels from their room. Towels are only available at the feature pool.

Swimming is not permitted in the lake.

CBR decorated for Christmas 2007. I didn't think they had as many decorations as they did in years past.
Customs House
cbrconstructiondec07_1237.jpg

cbrconstructiondec07_1238.jpg

cbrconstructiondec07_1240.jpg

cbrconstructiondec07_1241.jpg

cbrconstructiondec07_1242.jpg

cbrconstructiondec07_1243.jpg

Old Port Royale area
cbrconstructiondec07_1245.jpg

cbrconstructiondec07_1244.jpg

cbrconstructiondec07_1277.jpg

cbrconstructiondec07_1285.jpg

cbrconstructiondec07_1284.jpg

cbrconstructiondec07_1280.jpg

cbrconstructiondec07_1279.jpg

cbrconstructiondec07_1278.jpg

cbrconstructiondec07_1276.jpg

cbrconstructiondec07_1275.jpg

Here are pictures I took today Nov. 13. The big crane is gone, there is a small backhoe working. There was hardly any sound.

DSCN2750.jpg

DSCN2751.jpg

DSCN2752.jpg

DSCN2753.jpg

DSCN2754.jpg

DSCN2755.jpg

DSCN2757.jpg

DSCN2758.jpg

DSCN2759.jpg

I just got back from CBR. Yes the main pool is closed. The slides that were supposed to be installed at Jamaica and Barbados aren't there yet. The construction walls aren't up yet around the pool. It looked so strange to not see anyone swimming and the chairs stacked up. You do walk further than before if you are staying in Trinidad North to get to Old Port Royale.

I will go back again in a few days to see if the construction walls are up yet.
cbrpoolclosed_0030.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0031.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0029.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0025.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0019.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0023.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0018.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0002.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0003.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0004.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0008.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0007.jpg

cbrpoolclosed_0005.jpg

I went back over to CBR today. They have fencing up around the pool. It looks at this time like Banana Cabana will be open in the same spot. The construction walls are next to it. Part of the new sidewalk is open to the bridge now.

There was noise today but you can't hear it from the preferred sections of the resort. I purposely walked over to both so I could listen. You also couldn't hear it until you were very close on the island. They were tearing out the trees and shrubs around the pool. It also sounded like they were doing something with the concrete.

They have installed the slide in Barbados but not Jamaica. There is a lifeguard chair at both but no lifeguards. The slide at Barbados was closed off because there wasn't a lifeguard. I did see some CM's headed that way so maybe they were the lifeguards.

cbrpoolwithfence_0000.jpg

cbrpoolwithfence_0003.jpg

cbrpoolwithfence_0004.jpg

cbrpoolwithfence_0006.jpg

cbrpoolwithfence_0010.jpg

cbrpoolwithfence_0018.jpg

cbrpoolwithfence_0024.jpg

cbrpoolwithfence_0032.jpg

cbrpoolwithfence_0042.jpg

I got the chance to visit CBR yesterday( Feb. 23). There are parts of the old pool still there. It looks from the picture on the fencing that it will be part of the new pool. They weren't working so I can't tell you about the noise. I will make another trip to check that out.

The walkway is open to Trinidad North now. So I can once again recommend preferred at Trinidad North. There isn't a detour through the parking lot any more. :)

DSCN4298001.jpg

DSCN4299002.jpg

DSCN4300003.jpg

DSCN4301004.jpg

DSCN4302005.jpg

DSCN4303006.jpg

Pictures taken July 3 The sidewalk to Trinidad North is closed off again. They look very close to pouring concrete for the pool deck. They have started landscaping the pool area.

It does look like it will be zero entry.

CBRJuly3001.jpg

CBRJuly3002.jpg

CBRJuly3004.jpg

CBRJuly3008.jpg

CBRJuly3010.jpg

CBRJuly3011.jpg

CBRJuly3014.jpg

CBRJuly3016.jpg

CBRJuly3017.jpg

CBRJuly3022.jpg

CBRJuly3028.jpg

CBRJuly3031.jpg

CBRJuly3038.jpg

CBRJuly3040.jpg

CBRJuly3046.jpg

CBRJuly3054.jpg

CBRJuly3059.jpg

CBRJuly3071.jpg

CBRJuly3075.jpg

CBRJuly3079.jpg

I didn't walk over to Jamaica today to see if they had put the slide in. The lifeguard chair is there so they must be getting ready to install it.

I have been there several times when the pirate adventure is going on. It looks like a lot of fun. I will have to find my pictures and post them.

I have been there several times when the pirate adventure is going on. It looks like a lot of fun. I will have to find my pictures and post them.

Thanks so much, I look forward to seeing them. The children are booked for our Feb trip, but a photo of what to expect would be appreciated.

Safetymom - is the pirate fort area going to be a separate playground area? and next to the pool area?

Gotcha - I bumped because I was trying to get your attention for a question about the Pirate fort area. :)

The card with the new pool information looks fantastic. We will definitely be staying at CBR in 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter