Caribbean Beach State Correctional Facility

I swear there are Disney employees paid to read through these boards and post. Always in the same way. Start with "I'm sorry you had a bad experience" and then proceed to blame the poster for everything. Or, post how they had the exact opposite experience to whatever the poster is complaining about and are "surprised" to hear differently.
You must not read many of my posts. :rotfl: There are lots of things to criticize about Disney, but a guests lack of research/planning is not one of them.

You can check my post history, I can be a bit of a Dis-basher, especially with their absurdly overpriced rooms and penny pinching in the parks to guests' detriment. So Disney would never employ me, ha. But in this particular case it really does only take a few moments of research to find out where the room one books is located on a resort map.

So I want to raise my hand as someone who did that, and still ended up unhappy. I did all sorts of research on CBR before my stay there. And the lovely people on the Disboards assured me that it was a big waste of money to book preferred at CBR. No walk is that far, save your money! Yeah. I ended up with exactly the room location I wanted, and was unhappy with it. But I had other family members in the room next to mine, so I didn't want to make a fuss and make everyone have to move. I put on my big girl panties and dealt with a location I wasn't happy with.

Sometimes you can do research, and still end up unhappy. It happens.

So I want to raise my hand as someone who did that, and still ended up unhappy. I did all sorts of research on CBR before my stay there. And the lovely people on the Disboards assured me that it was a big waste of money to book preferred at CBR. No walk is that far, save your money! Yeah. I ended up with exactly the room location I wanted, and was unhappy with it. But I had other family members in the room next to mine, so I didn't want to make a fuss and make everyone have to move. I put on my big girl panties and dealt with a location I wasn't happy with.

Sometimes you can do research, and still end up unhappy. It happens.

Quite true!! But still research never hurts.

Our first stay back in 2007 was CBR. I requested Jamaica and was near the quiet pool. Guess everything is subjective because we thought it was a great location, close to bus stop, and not a far walk to the bridge over to food court.
I guess you missed the part where I said "never again did I complain about Jamaica." But at that point in my life after numerous hotels stays I had never had to cross a bridge to get water or a pop. WDW is a huge place.

Okay, that works on the first day. Maybe the second. But by the time you returned to your room a second time, isn't it reasonable to start planning ahead? Maybe walk a little kess during the day? Relax in the lobby?

And that's only for the LM rooms. CBR has bus stops at each village.
Not sure what your asking me. As I stated I have never stayed in those locations, I feel sorry for those who do (unwittingly or not). I will never book or be assigned an LM room at AOA or any room at CBR for that matter, let alone Trinidad South.
And no, I would never cut back on park time for help walking around a poorly laid out Hotel at WDW. I prefer the Fort.

Many a time I have prayed for those poor souls who unknowingly (through little research or luck of the draw) get building 39 in the Trinidad South area of the CBR or building 8 in the Little Mermaid area of AOA. Oh to be those aching feet after several 12 hour park days.

Once we got the Jamaica area and I complained about the walk for food until I saw the Trinidad South buildings through my Spyglass (arghh!). Never again did I complain about Jamaica after that Matey!

I am not spending the money required to stay in a deluxe resort tower. Which is why I prefer a cabin with golf cart rental at the Fort. My DW is tiring of it but I only need remind her of some of the other resort maps. I save my steps for the parks NOT getting breakfast and drink refills over a bridge and /or around ten building complexes.
I agree with this which is why I’m apprehensive to stay at a mod on my next trip. I know I can save money but will my feet care? I grew up being sort of a park commando but my DH needs his resort time and afternoon break. I spoiled him on his first trip in a deluxe and now I’m not sure if we will be able to switch.

I have looked into CBR but those rooms look so spread out! I would need to be centrally located to transpiration, the pool and food.

I agree with this which is why I’m apprehensive to stay at a mod on my next trip. I know I can save money but will my feet care? I grew up being sort of a park commando but my DH needs his resort time and afternoon break. I spoiled him on his first trip in a deluxe and now I’m not sure if we will be able to switch.

I have looked into CBR but those rooms look so spread out! I would need to be centrally located to transpiration, the pool and food.
If you’re looking for a small moderate, try POFQ. :)

I guess you missed the part where I said "never again did I complain about Jamaica." But at that point in my life after numerous hotels stays I had never had to cross a bridge to get water or a pop. WDW is a huge place.

I ended up buying pop out of the machine near my room, even though I was on the dining plan and had a refillable mug. If I went up front to fill my mug it would be almost empty by the time I got back to my room. Plus, after a long day of walking in the parks having to hike to get a glass of pop was the last thing I wanted to do.

Try the new tower at CSR.

You can be close to 1 or 2 but it is hard to do all 3.
A preferred room in most any resort will put you about as close to all as you can be. When we book Mod, if we aren't at POFQ, we do preferred.

You can be close to 1 or 2 but it is hard to do all 3.
A preferred room in most any resort will put you about as close to all as you can be. When we book Mod, if we aren't at POFQ, we do preferred.
Thanks for the tip! Seems many people like POFQ because it is compact.

People who don't do the research - especially with Disney - should not complain when things don't work out to their exceptions which should be nil since they did no research.

People who don't do the research - especially with Disney - should not complain when things don't work out to their exceptions which should be nil since they did no research.

Agreed in 2020. But when I first stayed in CBR it was 1989. I am not sure Al Gore had even invented the internet. Their definitely was no youtube or incredible resource like the DIS.
I know Boomer...back in my day, lol.

I guess you missed the part where I said "never again did I complain about Jamaica."

FWIW I saw it but didn’t and still don’t understand it.

WDW is a huge place.

Yep. Researching my first trip I noticed how similar the size is to my city. Whoa.

Agreed in 2020. But when I first stayed in CBR it was 1989. I am not sure Al Gore had even invented the internet. Their definitely was no youtube or incredible resource like the DIS.
I know Boomer...back in my day, lol.

Travel guidebooks existed...

As a further addendum, also stayed a night at Gran Destino Tower at Coronado a Springs In the King Water view room and can highly recommend it. Beautiful rooms, although couldn’t quite get the tablet syncing feature on the massive tv to work. Walls a bit thin but not many people were there. As for Toledo, great Tapas, but had the chicken and it was about as salty a dish I’ve ever had so can’t really recommend it, great views though.

Also the pool there blows away CBR. Good proximity to Blizzard Beach and AK as well.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter