CARNIVAL VS DCL: The discussion and comparison thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: This morning on FB, John Heald published codes to have 5% off excursions/15% off two excursions/15% off certain Spa treatments on certain sailings (Excluding Hawaii, Europe and Alaska).

It's just a few dollars here and there but hey... 1 more drink! LOL
Makes me wish I had a cruise booked... but I can't make up my mind about when to go or where or which ship...

Maybe we can help for that? :)

I think there are simply too many choices! I wanted to go away at March break but flights are crazy prices. Then I thought maybe in May, but I can't decide if I'd go to Universal and/or Disney and/or a 4 night cruise (probably on Mariner so I can go to Coco Cay, but will the updates really be done by then?). I have a March break 2020 cruise booked on NCL (Breakaway western from Port Canaveral) at the moment. But that's sooooo far away! We have never cruised NCL before so I wonder if I should just go with Carnival (Magic, 8-night southern from FLL), or RCL (Harmony from Port Canaveral, Coco Cay would be for sure done by then!)? I really need to win the lottery to afford all the trips I want to take :) We also plan to go away in August, but I don't normally cruise that time of year, so maybe we should do a cruise in May and Universal/Disney in August? Or is that too many trips too close together? So maybe we should do a cruise in April instead? I was looking at the Sunshine from PC but after the tipping incident, and I think it's sold out now or close to it. Could do Conquest 6 night from FLL maybe. See :) indecisive! so many ships & trips... never enough time (and money)!

I think there are simply too many choices! I wanted to go away at March break but flights are crazy prices. Then I thought maybe in May, but I can't decide if I'd go to Universal and/or Disney and/or a 4 night cruise (probably on Mariner so I can go to Coco Cay, but will the updates really be done by then?). I have a March break 2020 cruise booked on NCL (Breakaway western from Port Canaveral) at the moment. But that's sooooo far away! We have never cruised NCL before so I wonder if I should just go with Carnival (Magic, 8-night southern from FLL), or RCL (Harmony from Port Canaveral, Coco Cay would be for sure done by then!)? I really need to win the lottery to afford all the trips I want to take :) We also plan to go away in August, but I don't normally cruise that time of year, so maybe we should do a cruise in May and Universal/Disney in August? Or is that too many trips too close together? So maybe we should do a cruise in April instead? I was looking at the Sunshine from PC but after the tipping incident, and I think it's sold out now or close to it. Could do Conquest 6 night from FLL maybe. See :) indecisive! so many ships & trips... never enough time (and money)!

There's not such thing as "too many trips". ;)

They say that most of CocoCay should be completed in May (with the exception of the "club and cabanas" that will be completed later).

It's still a bit early for March flights. Wait around Christmas and NYE... Usually the good prices for Spring happen around that period.

April is nice for a cruise. We go every year now.

I love Universal and Disney... Can't go wrong with either of them.

There's not such thing as "too many trips". ;)

They say that most of CocoCay should be completed in May (with the exception of the "club and cabanas" that will be completed later).

It's still a bit early for March flights. Wait around Christmas and NYE... Usually the good prices for Spring happen around that period.

April is nice for a cruise. We go every year now.

I love Universal and Disney... Can't go wrong with either of them.

:) We cruised April this year and it was nice. Normally I prefer to go in Jan/Feb but I am having to manage my vacation days a bit differently now in order to not have to put kiddo in daycare/camps during his holidays. Unfortunately it means we can travel at the most expensive times! 2017 we did 3 trips, and as awesome as it was, that plus this year's April meant I stretched the budget a little too tight, so I'm trying to be conservative. But oh it's hard! Easter weekend being right in the middle of April is also hard, and our fiscal year end at work is end of March which means we have a bunch of reports due in April so I'm not sure the boss will let me off for a week this year.

I will most likely book something around Boxing Day, that seems to be when I have booked a trip the past few years. Hopefully flights will be good prices so I can pick something!

So... Apparently, the Carnival Panorama will have a trempoline park (Sky Zone) at sea? That's soooo cool! :)
I just read that, it sounds like a ton of fun. Three cruises in Vista and we still never stepped foot inside the IMAX, I’m happy they’re getting rid of it on panorama.

I just read that, it sounds like a ton of fun. Three cruises in Vista and we still never stepped foot inside the IMAX, I’m happy they’re getting rid of it on panorama.

Are they keeping some form of movie theater?

Are they keeping the Thrill Theater? (*Fingers crossed*)

IMAX is fun but unless there was a lot of sea days, going to the movies is way too accessible for me in real life to waste my time there.

Are they keeping some form of movie theater?

Are they keeping the Thrill Theater? (*Fingers crossed*)

IMAX is fun but unless there was a lot of sea days, going to the movies is way too accessible for me in real life to waste my time there.
As far as I know they’re keeping the Thrill Theater, I like that one, we had a great time.

Steel cutting ceremony in Finland today for the new LNG ship Carnival ???? The name will be announced in December and itineraries in January 2019!

Also, don't go booking that Radiance cruise just yet! More Europe to come on Carnival Legend. I have found the following calls for 2020:

Reykjavik June 11
Le Havre June 18, 29 (from Southampton, to Hamburg)
Gibraltar July 4
Civitavecchia July 13, 19 August 3, 9, 24, 30, September 14, 20 October 5, 11, 26

We are now in a wait and see pattern until all Europe is announced. So many choices!

Where did you find the calls for September and October 2020?

My interest is growing.

Ugh. Hopefully not water.

I am calling today to prepay gratuities for our next 2 booked cruises.to get the old rate before it goes up 12/1!
We will save over $100.

So far, the water has not gone up in price.

The gratuities are going up??? I'm calling!

EDIT: I just called and paid it. Thank you very much for the info!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter