Cars to rent with carseats?

takonik - that is what we were originally going to do (i.e. rent carseats or Van with built ins). Kids are 4 and 3. However, some of these posts almost convinced me to lug our carseats (almost talked my DH into it as well).

How did your kids do on the plane with the car seats? Thinking they may be more comfy having their own seats. My DH is dreading lugging these however.

Thanks for all the opinions.....

Our kids did great on the plane. Our flight was about 2 1/2 hours long. We packed a small bag with little treats and small things to do including a friends gameboy that they really liked. My kids were 2 and 4 last year. They both thought the seats in the car were really cool and they want to get these at home. It was so much easier than carring their carseats from home. My dh is a firefighter and a car seat inspecter and he said the seats were very safe. The van we rented last year was almost new and very clean and we used a coupon code and got it for $199. I hope this helps. Any other questions let me know

Last year we took our infant car seat with us when our DD was 8 months old. However our plan for this year (She will be a month shy of 2 years old then) is to not bring a car seat and use Tiffany Town Cars or Youride who will provide free car seats. We are staying at WDW and plan on using all their transportation.

However there are some very good points about bringing your own with you. I just can't see lugging this huge one we have now. I think if we did I would invest in a smaller one (with out the over the head arm rest.)

We haven't decided if you are buying her a ticket yet, last year we didn't and it worked out fine, our plane was half full and we always had enough room, but don't know if we should push our luck this year. Does anyone know how old they have to be before you need to get them a seat and what age they stop the 1/2 price tickets for babies?

The limit for 1/2 price "infant" seats is 1 year 364 days - in other words, once they turn 2 they must have a seat of their own and it is the same price as an adult seat.

I know how much trouble it is to lug a carseat around an airport but I am just not comfortable with a small child (under 4) on an airplane without a carseat. Turbulence injuries are not that unusual and an airplane seatbelt will not protect a small child. I will continue as long as possible to use our carseat despite the extra trouble because I just know it is the safest way for my child to travel. Airlines do, however, allow children to travel without a carseat so it certainly up to each parent to decide how they feel about the situation.

Have a great trip!

Thanks akasleepingbeauty. We will just make it in, one last trip with 1/2 price airfare for her (She will turn 2 at the end of March, we go the frist week.) :D

I never thought too much about turbulance, we have taken the short flight from Mich to Fla many times and never experenced any, but there is the frist time for everything and when it comes to safety you don't want to take risks. Thanks for the advice, I will talk it over with hubby.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter