Carseat v. Harness for Airplane

IF a child is under 2 they MUST be in a harness or car seat if they are occupying their own seat. A airplane seatbelt isn't enough to secure a toddler if there is turbulance. It is a requirement.
I asked SW & they said that it’s up to the parent. Could you not hold the child if there is turbulence?

I asked SW & they said that it’s up to the parent. Could you not hold the child if there is turbulence?
Have you ever been in turbulance? I mean REAL turbulance? You can't hold anything. Your child would be a ball being thrown around the plane.
Seriously, GET a harness. Isn't $60 worth your child's life?

A CARES harness is only for kids 22-44 pounds and up to 40 inches. It’s also not good for sleeping children. At nearly $60 it’s an option for a small number of kids. The Cosco Scenera Next car seat is super light (like 7lbs) and is less than $40 at Walmart.

I would also consider getting them a board book about "going on a plane"...that talks about giong through security and the need to sit in the seats sometimes.

We have been very happy CARES users since 2007. Five kids later, it’s the only thing we consider when traveling to WDW. We never rent a car, and sticking the CARES into a backpack is so much easier than lugging a car seat around multiple airports, buses, and hotel rooms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter