Cases rising or dropping by you?

Two days in a row, Florida reported 13k+ new cases. So far this week we're averaging 10,541 cases per day. 5,000+ people are hospitalized, and so far, 20,400 dead. But there's no problem in Florida.

Two days in a row, Florida reported 13k+ new cases. So far this week we're averaging 10,541 cases per day. 5,000+ people are hospitalized, and so far, 20,400 dead. But there's no problem in Florida.

Florida has been doing a ton of testing. The positively rate has been hovering around 8.5 - 9%. It’s not good, just not as devastating as some states.

Now 0% in OC.
That was on Dec 14th, and it's just gotten worse and worse as far as hospitalizations go. 1,371 hospitalized on that day, and 296 in the ICU. Today's report was 2,236 hospitalized and 504 in the ICU. I'll spare you the graph. The summer peak was 732/248. Orange County CA

I can't believe we have crossed 4,000 deaths in a day nationally.

In NC we are seeing over 10,000 new cases and record hospitalizations and yet nothing has really changed. In fact schools near me are just NOW going back to in-person learning... Why it is happening with record high cases and hospitalizations but before was "too dangerous" to have students back makes no sense but that the district's plan.

Going through the roof. Seeing 10k+ cases in AZ today. And this isn't the usual weekend catch up.

And here's the MedCram vid discussing the mutations.

Rising and on top of that, the new variant has just turned up here, too. So if we couldn't contain the spread of the original, less easily transmitted version, what hope do we have now? Especially since vaccine roll-out is slower than hoped and so many people are not interested in being vaccinated.

It is very scary- New strain, slow vaccine roll out, restriction fatigue. It is a recipe for disaster. I think people are immune to the numbers too. I know with my mom I have started translating them to the number of passengers jets so that she gets it. (Example- yesterday it would be like 20 passenger jets with 200 people on each flight died.) She can seem to understand then how serious it is.

Ohio just found a new variant that they are not sure if it is just in Ohio or in the US. They said in the news conference today that it is different from the South Africa and UK on.

Just means that there may be a higher than not likelihood of needing a vaccine like the flu (and continued safety protocols?) regularly in the future.

Cases are rising dramatically here.
We know 20 people who tested positive in the past week.
An 86 year old family member is in the ICU, everyone else has mild cold/fever no different than last year's flu.

Annual booster I would be more than okay with but no end in sight to safety protocols makes my eye twitch.

One can always decide not to follow safety protocols.
Plenty of people doing that right now already. Not saying that you do not.

Just yesterday, even in my liberal area, a contingent of (unmasked) parents mad about not having in-person school coordinated a shutdown/slowdown of downtown traffic in protest, and submitted a petition during yesterday’s open school district board meeting to try to force resignation of ALL the school board members. Of course that went nowhere besides making everyone stay up for the meeting until almost midnight since everyone is allowed a comment.

Of course that went nowhere besides making everyone stay up for the meeting until almost midnight since everyone is allowed a comment.

We had this at our district over the summer when it first came out the we would start the school year fully remote. Though our board gave them a certain amount of time and once that was over no one else could speak. They were generous with the time. It was like an hour I think. SO most people were able to speak. They were also only given a few minutes each to speak. It did change anything either.

Just means that there may be a higher than not likelihood of needing a vaccine like the flu (and continued safety protocols?) regularly in the future.

It’s unlikely that kids will get it this year. That’s a huge population of spreaders.

That was on Dec 14th, and it's just gotten worse and worse as far as hospitalizations go. 1,371 hospitalized on that day, and 296 in the ICU. Today's report was 2,236 hospitalized and 504 in the ICU. I'll spare you the graph. The summer peak was 732/248. Orange County CA
Today's report was 1,442 hospitalized and 394 in the ICU. We're definitely past the peak, but ICU occupancy is still 0% (adjusted). Need to get about 100 out of the ICU count to get above 0%. Highest one-day death total by far was yesterday at 107. Orange County CA

We have dropped a lot this week. We are averaging about 4,000 a week in Ohio. Yesterday was 3,000. In December we were around 10,000 plus a day.
I keep thinking back to when this started and Dr. Amy Acton was saying we were going to be at 10K cases per day at some point...then we flattened the curve in the summer and everyone said she was nuts. And then November hit... :sad2: We didn't deserve her.

I keep thinking back to when this started and Dr. Amy Acton was saying we were going to be at 10K cases per day at some point...then we flattened the curve in the summer and everyone said she was nuts. And then November hit... :sad2: We didn't deserve her.

I agree. I wish people didn't drive her out. She was so good at explaining what was going on. I also loved her calm voice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter