Cases rising or dropping by you?

It seems ours are increasing due mainly to nursing home outbreaks.

I honestly wish they would count all of the "institutional settings" cases separately. Those people are NOT out and about in the community so they don't portray an accurate picture of how the virus is actually affecting the community as a whole. Without those cases counted, our numbers are going down.

I honestly wish they would count all of the "institutional settings" cases separately. Those people are NOT out and about in the community so they don't portray an accurate picture of how the virus is actually affecting the community as a whole. Without those cases counted, our numbers are going down.

Good point and I agree. Something like 100 recent deaths were reported locally but 75 were in nursing homes. Our cases are going up and we are in phase 2. It is also one of the states that had armed protesters to reopen a few weeks ago.

I agree. In my town 100% of our deaths are from the nursing homes. We have a bunch of other cases but the only deaths have been there.

Cases are rising in my county and state. They *are* testing more so that would account for more positive tests, but hospitalizations are also up. In my county hospitalizations have doubled since the Wisconsin Supreme Court struck down our state's "Safer At Home" directive about 20 days ago. Statewide, hospitalizations were static at about 250 cases 20 days ago and now we have 297. That's a 20% increase.

My town has 500 cases and 34 deaths and zero nursing home deaths.

Wow! That's a lot of deaths. How big is your town?

Our city of almost 300,00 has 189 cases and zero deaths. We have no nursing homes in our city, as far as I know.

Our city of almost 300,00 has 189 cases and zero deaths. We have no nursing homes in our city, as far as I know.
28,000, 3 miles, our county is the 3rd hardest hit in our state. Masks are required in businesses and parks.

On the rise, but we can now go to the beaches lol. Va Beach was first to open( cough let’s get tourists back motivation cough)

I do too, if only because the data would be more useful. My state is separating out Dept. of Corrections cases from the counties in which the facilities are located, but nursing home cases are counted as part of the county. And the nursing home data hasn't been transparent at all. I have been told directly, by someone I trust who is in a position to know, that all but one of the deaths in my county have been nursing home patients, but I have not been able to find that information published anywhere.

In contrast, Brown County, WI has a population of approx 265,000 and has 2102 cases and 22 deaths.

Ours hasn't largely been increasing for that reason (that was March-April and a bit into May) but they did just have a new outbreak in a long-term care facility. I agree about the cases. I've watched the COVID-19 Dashboards of both my county and my state how much more information the are adding even as I wish for even more precise information; as much as you can get I want to know the information.

With respects to long-term care facilities presently at the county level it's 278/812 (34.24%) of known cases and 48/62 deaths (77.42%). On a state level long-term care facilities have 690/9,719 cases (7.10% and accurate as of yesterday morning) and 109/208 deaths (52.40%). On a state level it's even more sobering considering how low of a percentage of cases they actual represent but relative to the percentages it's so high on our death amounts :(

Our latest update has us at nine cases and no one in the hospital. We are moving on to phase 2 of reopening on Monday but most people I know are still being cautious.

#keepManitobaflat

We're rising as they just eased restrictions and everything is opening up again....:confused3

My thoughts exactly. We have doubled cases in the past 2 weeks. I thought that they would SLOWLY open things to keep an eye on new cases but it seems that the governor (Newsom, Ca) and county health officers have gone crazy!! Thankfully after the latest openings (Salons, Churches) our county health officer has said she won't allow any new openings for at least two weeks to see the effects of the current openings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter