Cases rising or dropping by you?

up, up and up. breaking new daily diagnosis records over what we've had since this all began. our county is also mirroring our state in having younger and younger cases-1/3 of diagnosed cases are in people in their 30's and younger.

My thoughts exactly. We have doubled cases in the past 2 weeks. I thought that they would SLOWLY open things to keep an eye on new cases but it seems that the governor (Newsom, Ca) and county health officers have gone crazy!! Thankfully after the latest openings (Salons, Churches) our county health officer has said she won't allow any new openings for at least two weeks to see the effects of the current openings.

I know. What happened to the....I don't care about anything but the statistics, and things must stabilize for a few weeks before the next step...etc Well, all of a sudden we went from phase 1 to another without waiting for the new stats.
To the previous poster who didn't want the nursing homes totals to be counted in, my question would be that they had to have had it brought in from somewhere. I think you might like how our county does their stats. They do overall positive and deaths in the county. They have dashboards by zip code that you can see how many positive and deaths by zipcode. They also have a dashboard that shows how many are hospitalized or in the ICU. It also shows nursing home stats, how many positive, how many deaths. check out Sacramentocounty

I know. What happened to the....I don't care about anything but the statistics, and things must stabilize for a few weeks before the next step...etc Well, all of a sudden we went from phase 1 to another without waiting for the new stats.
To the previous poster who didn't want the nursing homes totals to be counted in, my question would be that they had to have had it brought in from somewhere. I think you might like how our county does their stats. They do overall positive and deaths in the county. They have dashboards by zip code that you can see how many positive and deaths by zipcode. They also have a dashboard that shows how many are hospitalized or in the ICU. It also shows nursing home stats, how many positive, how many deaths. check out Sacramentocounty
Yes, the residents aren't out in the community but the workers are. Our country also breaks down "out breaks".... each city has an asterisk by their case number and then on another page, it shows the facilities with those outbreaks and their personal numbers.

So, your cases are or are not due to nursing homes?

Our county has a lot of nursing homes. Our city does not. I consider "my area" to be my county. It's not that large, area wise. And decisions are made at the county level here anyway, so it really doesn't matter how well our city is doing.

My thoughts exactly. We have doubled cases in the past 2 weeks. I thought that they would SLOWLY open things to keep an eye on new cases but it seems that the governor (Newsom, Ca) and county health officers have gone crazy!! Thankfully after the latest openings (Salons, Churches) our county health officer has said she won't allow any new openings for at least two weeks to see the effects of the current openings.

Exactly what I’ve been thinking about CA.
Newsom punted to the counties. He did a quick turnaround from we will be very cautious to everything can be open practically in a matter of weeks.

up, up and up. breaking new daily diagnosis records over what we've had since this all began. our county is also mirroring our state in having younger and younger cases-1/3 of diagnosed cases are in people in their 30's and younger.
What state are you in? Sorry they are on the rise!

Trending down now and for about 5 weeks in Georgia, but lets see what happens after all of these protests!

Trending down now and for about 5 weeks in Georgia, but lets see what happens after all of these protests!
Studies have shown it is unlikely to be transmitted in an outdoor setting.

Transmissions most often occur indoors with less then 6 feet of close contact for an extended period of time(5-30 minutes) with a symptomatic person.

There were concerns of hotspots with the protests for opening various states economies. I don't believe there have been any.

Transmissions most often occur indoors with less then 6 feet of close contact for an extended period of time(5-30 minutes) with a symptomatic person.

Very large crowds in close contact might have a different result than 2 people taking a walk in the local park.
We'll have to see. I'm sure researchers are monitoring.

Holding steady with Falling/Flat. The protests have me concerned. Will just have to keep an eye on the numbers.

There were concerns of hotspots with the protests for opening various states economies. I don't believe there have been any.

This!

I have read a couple articles recently (I believe on CNN, but can’t remember exactly) that six feet distance may NOT be far enough apart. So this may not be completely true either. I think we have a lot to still learn about this virus.

We are past peak in my area of south jersey. We expected a peak after Mother’s Day but our hospital numbers actually went down.

I have read a couple articles recently (I believe on CNN, but can’t remember exactly) that six feet distance may NOT be far enough apart. So this may not be completely true either. I think we have a lot to still learn about this virus.
I think people think the 6 feet apart is some sort of magic shield. It’s not. Some studies have said it should be at least 10 feet but again not a magic shield.

Dropping, but we haven't had any new cases in over 2 weeks. There is 1 active case in our whole health region, recovering in hospital.

Dropping here in Colorado. We were never hit very hard compared to other states. My co-workers and I do not know anyone who had it here. But, we're from NY and know quite a few there who had it, including two who died.

I believe that's been around for a bit of time though I think before it was something like 3 or so feet but they doubled it and then over time re-investigated it seeing that 6ft may not be far enough for certain people (loud talkers, big sneezers and coughers, etc).

The outdoor factor is still quite important, conditions outside are different than conditions inside. Inside becomes harder to maintain distance in some measurable amount and airflow is much more restricted. Our zoo for instance has temporarily closed indoor exhibits due to a lesser opportunity to maintain a good distance between you and the next person in an enclosed space. Generally speaking health professionals are much more ok with outdoor activities than they are indoors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter