Casey Anthony Trial Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that she's in a bad position, but I guess that my perspective is that she isn't helping put Casey to death, she's testifying to the facts regarding what she knows regarding the death of her much beloved granddaughter. Of course, she doesn't want Casey to get the DP, but how could she live with herself if her actions actually caused enough reasonable doubt that they either had a hung jury or that, heaven forbid, Casey actually got off. I know that I couldn't live with that personally.

Agreed, well put.

You know, I believe he loved his sister, but he's probably seen her behavior all of her life and how his parents (mother for sure) enabled her, and he was just sick of it.

I know someone whose brother is similar to Casey (lies constantly and create astonishing scenarios that he presents as fact and will become furious when people don't believe him - even when the facts are there). His younger brother has little to nothing to do with him. They're both adults, and the older brother has been this way throughout his growing up years and continues that way.

Didn't think of this way....could be for sure.

I agree that she's in a bad position, but I guess that my perspective is that she isn't helping put Casey to death, she's testifying to the facts regarding what she knows regarding the death of her much beloved granddaughter. Of course, she doesn't want Casey to get the DP, but how could she live with herself if her actions actually caused enough reasonable doubt that they either had a hung jury or that, heaven forbid, Casey actually got off. I know that I couldn't live with that personally.

I can't multiquote to save my life....I had replied "agreed, well put".

Also, I know this is too sick to imagine, but does anyone think that Caylee looked just like George, like she could be his? Sorry, but I can't help it! I know it's irrelavant to this case, but do we know who Caylee's father is?
I look a lot like my mother, and my kids look a lot like me, and their cousins. Same genes. :confused3 Not incest.
Not sure and please somebody correct me if this is wrong but the same markers in DNA that exclude Lee would be the same markers that would exclude George. So if Lee is excluded, they would have to exclude George, even without testing George.

And IMO, I think Lee wasn't excluded in the pregnancy part but in trying to find out who the father is part. I think, like most big brothers, would be over protective of Casey and would want to inflict bodily harm on some guy who got his sister pregnant and is not stepping up to the plate.
Yes, I think so about the DNA and George/Lee. Agree with the 2nd paragraph too.
Hi everyone...MIA today for me. Getting ready for my last babies high school graduation tomorrow :sad1:

OK, I'm also :yay::woohoo::cheer2: about it too.
Happy that there is no more high school to deal with and sad that all too soon she'll be heading off to Ohio and I'll have no one at home anymore.
My youngest graduated last week too. It's definitely "good news bad news". Off to NY in September. :(

I can't multiquote to save my life....I had replied "agreed, well put".
Just click on the " of each post you want to quote, then hit "reply".

Geez, I worked hard on this. Hate to think it just got lost on the previous page with all the posts following it!
http://www.wftv.com/news/28355559/detail.html

ORLANDO, Fla. --
Casey Anthony's murder trial was unexpectedly recessed only 45 minutes after it was supposed to start. Saturday marked day 39, including jury selection, of her trial.

Casey Anthony's murder trial on Saturday started with undisclosed, closed-door meetings with Judge Belvin Perry.

Casey walked into the courtroom wearing a lavender, long-sleeved shirt and gray slacks, shortly before 9:00am when court was suppose to resume. George and Cindy Anthony were present in the courtroom.

Casey and her attorneys gathered in Judge Belvin Perry's chambers. Casey eventually walked back into the courtroom, clearly upset, and began tearing up and dabbing her eyes with a tissue.

After about 45 minutes, Judge Perry walked back into the courtroom and said that due to an unrelated legal matter, court was recessed until 8:30am Monday.

Casey's attorneys have told the judge at her trial that they expect to wrap up in the middle of next week.

Prosecutors say they then need a day or two for rebuttal witnesses. That means jurors could start deliberations as early as a week from now.

Casey's defense attorneys claim Caylee Anthony accidentally drowned in the family's swimming pool. Prosecutors believe Casey killed Caylee.

Casey is charged with first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of lying to law enforcement. She has pleaded not guilty and faces the death penalty if convicted.

RAW VIDEO #1 SATURDAY
http://www.wftv.com/video/28355927/index.html

• Mason says at minute 9:15 something about an "entirely different matter" (than Rodriguez, which they had been discussing)
  • Ashton, Burdick, Mr George, Mason and Baez have sidebar with Perry at 9:45...Mason doing most of the talking
  • Mason and Baez walk away at 10:05
  • Ashton kind of shrugs and nods at 10:08
  • Mason and Baez come back to sidebar at 10:20 (Baez gives Mason a pat on the back)...Mason doing most of the talking
  • Judge Perry says "OK" and they walk away at 10:45
  • Prosecutors sit at their table at 11:05
  • Casey leaves with her ALL of her attorneys at minute 11:15 (but it doesn't look like they enter Judge Perry's chambers to me)
  • Prosecutors all get up at minute 24:45 and move to sidebar
  • Casey returns with her attorneys at 24:55
  • All attorneys (prosecutors/defense except Sims) shown gathered near sidebar, but Mason/Baez together, and prosecutors together, at 25:10
  • All attorneys (except Sims) come together at 25:30; Mason doing most of the talking
  • Ashton motions for court reporter and all attorneys (except Sims) leave the courtroom at 27:10 into Judge Perry's chambers
  • Casey crying (?) wiping eyes/nose, sitting with Sims, but IMHO doesn't look overly upset at 27:20
  • Casey and Sims don't seem to speak until 28:20 and don't say much
  • Casey leaves courtroom at 28:45

Found these things:

**Someone made an intriguing comment on Reuters that he believed " the trial was halted for the Court to investigate the perjurious
statements made by some members of the Anthony family and whether the
defense team conspired to suborn perjury."

and

Mason is troubled with Baez handling of the case & evidence. Mason is now concerend that Baez has crossed the line of defending his client & having the family commite perjury. Mason no longer wants to be a part of it.

I think I believe the first part.

I certainly felt the Anthony family suddenly decided to circle the wagons.:idea:

I didn't buy into any of Lee's testimony yesterday. I felt it was staged. I think the tears and angst were more that he felt ashamed about lying and communicating this "dysfunctional family" story. I sensed the plan was for him to say MUCH more than what he did on the stand. Baez kept asking..."Is there anything else... " or something to that effect.

Wow, that would really be huge! And I don't doubt for a minute that the defense - or some members of the defense - would do just that.

As for Lee's testimony, if he was indeed supposed to say more and didn't, then I would have a much better opinion of him than I did after watching yesterday. I would take back the things I was thinking about him!

Whatever happened this morning deals solely with the DT.

If it had anything to do with the States case JA would have been out back with them.

I rewatched the video from today and we see KC come out all sniffly with the guards. She goes back into the back then CM goes back there. Then the rest of the DT goes back there. Then the tweets from ppl in the courtroom start about CM back there yelling.

They then end up having HHBP and State back there and State comes back out and we see JA and LDB talking in the courtroom looking like theyre going to laugh.

Whatever it is isnt about Rodriguez because the State wouldve been back there the whole time

Whatever it is isnt about Furton because the State wouldve been back there the whole time

Whatever it is isnt about jurors because the State wouldve been back there the whole time

I dont even think it involves witness tampering like the info from Reuters posted earlier because wouldnt the State have to be there for that as well?

Todays drama lies solely on the DT---Involves KC and her lawyers---Wondering if KC is trying to fire one of them or if CM found out something he didnt like
I agree. And I think it centers around Cheney Mason.

I listen and watch everyday at work, don't know how I missed this, thank you.

Ashton was trying to impeach him yesterday. His depositions in no way hinted that the family united to exclude him. I don't recall exactly what his depositions said---but it wasn't why he said on the stand.

See I find something and the threads going to close!!!

Do we have any lip readers?? I was rewatching the video from this morning and at 8:30 a guard comes out of the back room where the DT is and walks up to another guard and starts talking to him about something going on in the back room and has a look like disbelief on his face then a female guard walks into the back room.

Can anyone make out what he's saying? It starts at 8:38

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/interactive.html

hello i have had thoughts and theories on this case and thought i would share them with you guys to see if what anyone else agrees. First off it is hard for people to imagine how CA is able to lie the way she does and sit there totally striaght faced and look people in the eye doing so. However i believe she has lived a life of lies since she was probably 9-13 years old. So she has had a lot of practice. And from personal experiences with chronic liars i have to believe that Casey at some level actually believes what she is saying is true, as sick as it is.
Now I think that the Anthony family is getting ready to totally throw George under the bus. The defense has already claimed that Caylee accidentally drowned in a pool and GA forced Casey into covering up. And also claimed that George and Lee sexually abused Casey. Yesterday after watching Lee on the stand I noticed that he wasn't asked if he had sexually abused his sister. And something told me that he was supposed to be saying something about his father, when he said he was mad at his mom and sister for leaving him out and he started to say something else but choked. The only thing i can think of is that Lee and Cindy talked with GB and in exchange for him not going after lee on the sex allegations.
Anyway I think they are going to say that They all believed Caylee was actually fathered by George, and is why they didn't want to talk about it,and why they didnt have a baby shower for her before she was born. And is also why the family didnt press Casey in telling who the father was. And when Caylee accidentally drowned in the pool George feared a Autopsy would reveal all the incest, and rapping of Casey. So he forced Casey into lying and covering up the whole thing, possibly even threatening her with her own life. So out of fear for her father she went on her charade of partying, and then claiming she was kidnapped.
And right now between the supposed affair George has been having with some woman, and the fact Lee wants to clear his name. I think they both will go along with the defense in this story. I have to feel bad for George in this as i dont think he really was involved in it. But something I wonder is it seems like back when they discovered Caylee's little body in the woods, I heard on the news that George tried to commit suicide in a hotel. Did i remember this correctly? And did they ever say what his reasoning was for trying to kill himself? And why hasn't that been brought up during this trial yet? Anyway those are my thoughts. Like so many in the country i have been attracted to this case, because i am a mother of 3. And i see these pictures of the beautiful little girl and hear what happened and it breaks my heart. And in some twisted way i feel that the little girl has became America's daughter, and i want justice for her.

If they weren't sitting in the courtroom you know they would be watching online or on tv just like the rest of us. There is no way they would be heeding any admonishion to not watch the testimony, cmon! So imo, the decision by the state is totally irrelevant on the outcome.

That's exactly what I thought. I think it was Beth Karras who said she bet the prosecutors could "kick themselves" for not fighting to have the Anthony's excluded from being present in the courtroom. Couldn't she figure they would be watching on tv? :confused3

See I find something and the threads going to close!!!

Do we have any lip readers?? I was rewatching the video from this morning and at 8:30 a guard comes out of the back room where the DT is and walks up to another guard and starts talking to him about something going on in the back room and has a look like disbelief on his face then a female guard walks into the back room.

Can anyone make out what he's saying? It starts at 8:38

http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/interactive.html

Too bad it's so blurry. It almost looks like he's saying something to the effect of getting out early. Not 100% sure, though

Saw lawyer and JVM yalking about biggest mistake the State has made.... Allowing Ants to observe trial. YUP

don't they sprey RAID in the court rooms? why are ants in there anyways :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

but i disagree - who cares if they are there or not - not like it's not being televised and they can't watch it at home OR like some of us on smart phones

in this day and ege of media it really doesn't make a difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter