Castaway Cay Private Cabanas

Is the beach in front of the cabanas going to be private or will they have to share with other guests?

I would guess not private, as the whole point of the expansion is to make room for 50% more guests with the larger ships. Perhaps they will place fewer umbrellas and lounge chairs per square foot in that area. :confused3 It would be unfortunate to pay for the cabana and still have to squeeze your way between jam-packed loungers to get to the water.

I would guess not private, as the whole point of the expansion is to make room for 50% more guests with the larger ships. Perhaps they will place fewer umbrellas and lounge chairs per square foot in that area. :confused3 It would be unfortunate to pay for the cabana and still have to squeeze your way between jam-packed loungers to get to the water.

While I agree that privacy might be a problem, I believe that they will be private - so not sharing with other guests. Or at least I would sure hope so if they are charging $600! Can you imagine spending that much only to get there and find out three other families paid for that cabana too?

We just got back from CC, it looks like they should be done by July. They are over by the Teen beach(which is gone). They have done alot of work since we were there in Sept. The water slide thingee is done and by the stingray adventure area. They moved the stingrays over between the snorkling area and the Black Pearl. Will be starting a thread soon with the pics.

While I agree that privacy might be a problem, I believe that they will be private - so not sharing with other guests. Or at least I would sure hope so if they are charging $600! Can you imagine spending that much only to get there and find out three other families paid for that cabana too?

Nooooo...we're talking about the BEACH area in front of it being private. (At least that's what I was talking about)

If/When there are two ships there, it must be difficult to get a cabana. There are only 20 available? Between how many people? It sounds like they could charge $600.

There won't be two ships there at the same time.

There will be a base price probably $600 for 4 people plus extra fee for additional plus a minimum amount of food and liquids. People will pay it just to brag about it. Foolish waste of money.

I certainly woudln't pay it just to brag about it but I can tell you if it is offered, I will certainly try to get one for our double dipper cruise in July 2011.
We have two conencting 6b verandah rooms for my family of 4 and my mom, using our points that my mother purchased for us last year.
In another two cabins (inside across from us) will be my sister and her family, staying in the rooms that my mother purchased for them (not on points).

I think it will be a nice gesture for my sister and I to go in half for the cabanna being that my mother paid for the cruise. Why would I brag about paying it just to brag :confused3

I am not in concierge so I do hope I get the chance to get one, and so hope that a family of 10 can rent one.

Come to think of it, if I happen to be lucky enough to get one, I may actually come on here and tell everyone since I will be so happy we were able to do this for my mother. I know most on here will be happy, not thinking I am bragging :upsidedow

Thanks so much for the link.

Can anyone tell me, will there no longer be a teen beach.
We usually sail RCCL but sailing on Dream next year with my mom and sister that has three little boys.
My children will be 13 and 17, so I had hoped if they wanted some "alone" time away from the family, they could go over to the teen beach.
Thank you.

Why would I brag about paying it just to brag :confused3

I think a many people will pay lots of money just to say they've had something others didn't. Doesn't make it wrong or right, but I can certainly see where bragging rights would come into play with the cabanas. It's a prestige thing.

I think a many people will pay lots of money just to say they've had something others didn't. Doesn't make it wrong or right, but I can certainly see where bragging rights would come into play with the cabanas. It's a prestige thing.

Oh, LOL. I never would consider getting a cabanna for one day a prestige thing to brag about. Too many other fun and important things to do LOL

So, you think there will be people that don't really have the money to pay for it but do so just to say they did without really wanting it?
Oh goodness, those silly poor people. I just hope they don't get one and take my slot!!

Nooooo...we're talking about the BEACH area in front of it being private. (At least that's what I was talking about)

Lol, that makes more sense! I am doubtful the beach area will be private. If it was, I'd imagine we'd see it said in every interview and piece of info out there... because that would really create hype.

I am sorry for being so naive, but I don't see why Disney would charge $600 for the base buy-in (other then because they think they can). Other Cruise lines top at out that price, for Disney to start there would just be crazy. They have said there will be the ability to add other services on so does that mean that the Cabana's could top out out at over $1,000?

To be honest at that price the value is really not there considering the following:
  1. You don't have a private beach.
  2. The cabana's look like they are on top of each other, not much privacy.
  3. Cookies is almost right behind them.
  4. You are still at the "Family Beach" (ie. kids will be running and yelling).
  5. They still have to sell these on 3 and 4 day cruises where $600 to $1000 can be almost 50% of the cruise cost for a party of 2.
  6. There are 20 of them.

I find the base of $600 a day a little steep and considering no one has any real evidence (not even hear say), not a accurate figure.
Not only 50% for 3/4 day cruises. $1000 is almost half price for my parents and inlaws on our 7 nt Halloween cruise on the Magic. And that's even for cat 9. They could have gone even cheaper.

For $600, It also better come with a private Italian butler whose name is Marcello and wears a teeny-tiny speedo!!! :laughing::love:
How 'bout Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow. Barefeet, no shirt, and his pants riding on the low side. mmmmm..... :cloud9: :lovestruc:cool2:

ok, back to reality. I'd rather put that $ down as a future cruise deposit. That's just me. I'm sure people will enjoy them. Their limited quantity will keep prices high.

I personally am sceptical about how popluar these cabanas will remain after a while. Looking at the video from the blog posted earlier, I see a few things that concern me if I were to pay a lot of money for one.

First, many of them don't seem to be close enough to the actual beach. The map shows some green areas with palm trees between the cabanas and the beach. Maybe others like this idea for privacy, but this might make it difficult for me to enjoy the comfort of the cabana while also trying to keep an eye on my kids playing in the water.

Second, the new water slide platform is also in this expanded section of the beach. I would think this is going to be one of the most crowded parts of the beach at all times.

Third, the new water play area is just off this section of the beach, further adding to the crowds in this section of the beach and at the new Cookies 2 buffet.

I'm not sure I want to pay for a cabana that puts me right in the most crowded part of the beach with the most crowded buffet, and I can't even sit and enjoy it because I can't see my kids playing in the water. Hopefully it won't be that bad, and I'm just being pessimistic, but I am definitely sceptical.

I am subscribing to this thread so that I can check back after these actually become available. I would consider renting a cabana if the price is reasonable as a member of our family has to limit sun exposure due to medications and other issues. It would be nice to be able to get out of the sun and still be near the beach without having to chase the shade around all day.

Keep us posted as to any updates.

I am subscribing to this thread so that I can check back after these actually become available. I would consider renting a cabana if the price is reasonable as a member of our family has to limit sun exposure due to medications and other issues. It would be nice to be able to get out of the sun and still be near the beach without having to chase the shade around all day.

Keep us posted as to any updates.

I am subscribing as well. I agree with you if the price is right I might consider it because my father can't really sit out in the sun too long. There are 6 of us all together and if the price is good with us splitting it I might consider it. But I can't see paying a lot for it. Not worth the money.

Have they announced the cost of a cabana rental yet?

Pj

No, although it seems many folks think the first guesstimate offered on this thread might be close. We'll see.

Personally, I won't be at all surprised if DCL's base rate is more than HAL charges on Half Moon Bay, but I will be surpised if it's double. So hopefully $600 is high.

Summer 2009 pricing for a regular cabana on Half Moon Cay through HAL:

$299 for a party of 4
$45 for each additional person

Upgrade fees for butler service:

$270 for 4
$100 for each additional person

So a group of 6 would be looking at $389 for just the cabana, or $859 with the butler upgrade.

FWIW, I know HAL has a maximum number of people per cabana. I thought it was 8, but I could be wrong.

It will definitely be interesting to see what kind of rules, pricing structure, etc. DCL comes up with. Should be soon... yes?

If DCL charges 3 to 4X more to cruise than other lines, what makes you think they will be competitive with their cabana's?

I can see the expense if someone can't be in the sun, but folks the beach is free! Of course who would have thought people would pay for water.

I could also imagine tiered pricing for guests on shorter cruises. Then what happens when the people in the cabana's on both sides of you smoke?

I can't believe DCL has no smoking policy on CC. We try to be on the extreme left on the Adult beach to keep away from the smoke.

If DCL charges 3 to 4X more to cruise than other lines, what makes you think they will be competitive with their cabana's?

If this is directed at me... I didn't say I thought DCL's cabana prices would be competitive, quite the opposite actually. ;)

I posted HAL's rates since I think they will provide an interesting comparison once DCL does release their pricing structure.

I can see the expense if someone can't be in the sun, but folks the beach is free! Of course who would have thought people would pay for water.

I could also imagine tiered pricing for guests on shorter cruises. Then what happens when the people in the cabana's on both sides of you smoke?

I can't believe DCL has no smoking policy on CC. We try to be on the extreme left on the Adult beach to keep away from the smoke.

Fwiw, our DCL 7 nt Western is within $90 of the same cruise on RC's Freedom of the Seas for exact same cabin. Deck 2 oceanview/window.

We just got back from CC, it looks like they should be done by July. They are over by the Teen beach(which is gone). They have done alot of work since we were there in Sept. The water slide thingee is done and by the stingray adventure area. They moved the stingrays over between the snorkling area and the Black Pearl. Will be starting a thread soon with the pics.

So the slide is done and open? We will be there in a few weeks and that would be exciting news!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter