Castaway Club gift

Is there any difference between the new gold bag and the new platinum bag? I like the old platinum in navy/black.

I agree that the burlap bag smelled bad. We put it out on our verandah in the hopes of eliminating the odor, but by the end of our 3-night cruise, it still smelled badly enough that we decided not to take the tote bag home.

LOL, we did the same thing!

Eww...yeah that does look like it would smell! Who gives out a burlap bag? Lol

No idea why, but it really does stink. It's such a shame because it really is the *nicest* CC bag that we've received throughout the years. I wish it was all canvas and we would have been able to bring it home. As I mentioned up thread, it really is made well (sans odiferous burlap) and it's larger than the other bags/backpacks/round totes. :(

Weird! Our burlap bag on the Magic in February did not have an odor. I have used it several times since returning home with no problems.

Is there any difference between the new gold bag and the new platinum bag? I like the old platinum in navy/black.
The new bag is the burlap one. I don't think there's a difference between Gold and Platinum in the design. The old canvas bags were different colors.

You get a different gift per cruise, correct? Or if you take multiple cruises the same year is it just a bag each time?

You get a different gift per cruise, correct? Or if you take multiple cruises the same year is it just a bag each time?
The basic gift is a bag. Typically a beach bag, but on some cruises it's been a backpack, or a sling bag. That's the gift that every room gets. Gold and Platinum get additional gifts (photo albums, free goodies from the chef).

It's the same gift everytime. Until DCL changes it. Our Dream/Fantasy B2B combo(3 cruises) we got 3 bags, and 3 game tins.

You can see the various gifts from the past here:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/castaway-club-gifts-through-the-years.3223335/

The basic gift is a bag. Typically a beach bag, but on some cruises it's been a backpack, or a sling bag. That's the gift that every room gets. Gold and Platinum get additional gifts (photo albums, free goodies from the chef).

It's the same gift everytime. Until DCL changes it. Our Dream/Fantasy B2B combo(3 cruises) we got 3 bags, and 3 game tins.

You can see the various gifts from the past here:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/castaway-club-gifts-through-the-years.3223335/

Ty!

On our September 2015 cruise on Fantasy, we got the Burlap gold bag (bad smell that has since worn off...that could be because I put some sunscreen in the bag and the nozzle was opened :) ) As well as a really nice photo album that I have not opened yet.
In January we got the canvas gold bag, which I really like a lot more than the burlap bag and a photo album.

On our 2nd cruise we got the silver canvas bag and a magnetic dry erase board. We got the same gifts for 3rd, 4th and 5th cruises too. I really love the dry erase boards and have them on our fridge to use as reminders and countdowns for cruises. lol

Smelly or not, really love the bags as they are sturdy and hold up well. :)

Just got off the Fantasy on Sat....got the silver non burlap bag. From the sounds of it, guess I am glad no burlap.

I wish DCL would bring back the colored bags, we finally made it to Platinum and we get a stinky burlap bag. It really does have a odor, not that I did not like the style :) and I did mention that on the survey.

Next question - does anyone have any ideas on how to destinkify the burlap bag?

Off the Dream this morning and it was the bag w/ the burlap. Did not see anyone with the canvas ones this time. The burlap on the bag does have an odor so will try some febreeze on it and sit it in the sun.

Just off the Fantasy and we got the burlap bag with a large photo album inside. Same gift as we got in Jan on the Dream (platinum for both). We gave it to someone who had not cruised before instead of just leaving it in the room.

I'll be happy with the Burlap, I think the Silver canvas style one is just so ugly! We donated ours from last cruise! Burlap does have a smell, but it wears off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter