CBR's closing ...article in Orlando paper(8-6)

Thanks for the link....it was interesting to read that the spokeswoman said "its possible that the demand will exceed the supply". I realize that CBR is a large resort, but I hope she doesn't mean that they wouldn't be able to fit all of the guests somewhere at other resorts. I sure hope they will be giving the CBR reservation holders an option of a very low cost or no cost upgrade to one of the deluxes, in this situation.

I think it's awesome that CBR will be getting a whole new restaurant and food court area, but not at the expense of those who've made reservations for this fall, UNLESS they are prepared to compensate with upgrades. This is just my humble opinion, of course!

I hope WDW comes through this and tries to satisfy their loyal guests. I will be reading with great interest to see what will be offered to the CBR ressie holders!

I can't believe this. My friends have reservations to this resort in November. I will have to tell them to ask for an upgrade when he calls them tonight. That's crazy.

Originally posted by Buzz2001
I can't believe this. My friends have reservations to this resort in November. I will have to tell them to ask for an upgrade when he calls them tonight. That's crazy.

Maybe they'll get moved to CSR with the discounted rate and you can go visit them in your favorite resort! Maybe this is why CSR wasn't offered at the code rate because they didn't want to fill the resort because they knew they'd be moving CBR people there. Ya just never know!

Thanks for the link! It's always nice to get some official info on our rumors.

I really do feel for those that are put out for their vacations, but what troubles me more is the employees who might be put out of work because of this. The article stated that they'll have a chance to apply for other jobs around the resort, but that there's no guarantee they'll get anything comparable to their current positions.

That explains why i couldn't book a room this October!!!! I was very suprised that they had booked all the rooms that fast!!! :)

My friend called today and got AKL savannah view for $40.00 more than CBR. That's $40.00 total NOT per night. What a deal! Lucky dog. I almost went to CBS for my October trip but chose the Contemporary instead since we will be going to MNSSHP and the Haunted Mansion event on back to back nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter