• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently if a poster "works in finance, managed $150 million in private assets and speaks regularly to their firm's Chief Investment Officer," no one is allowed to question their opinion regarding a disease and possible vaccines or treatments. Just an observance from a casual reader of this thread. That seems really random to me, but hey, I'm a lowly nonprofit worker.

Apparently if a poster "works in finance, managed $150 million in private assets and speaks regularly to their firm's Chief Investment Officer," no one is allowed to question their opinion regarding a disease and possible vaccines or treatments. Just an observance from a casual reader of this thread. That seems really random to me, but hey, I'm a lowly nonprofit worker.

feel free to question anything I’ve posted.

Nah. I can't compete with your financial prowess. Plus you're way more invested in winning this thread. It's not that important to me. Like I said, it was an observance. I always find it interesting when people stress how prestigious they are to make their point. It's a revealing tactic.
Yeah. I only did that after the tenth time I was told someone was a medical professional or worked in a lab. Which you can scroll back and see.

I felt at that point it was fair to point out I do have a base of knowledge here.

And so I don’t even exaggerate (lest I be accused of lying) it was probably only 4-5 times.

Yeah. I only did that after the tenth time I was told someone was a medical professional or worked in a lab. Which you can scroll back and see.

I felt at that point it was fair to point out I do have a base of knowledge here.

And so I don’t even exaggerate (lest I be accused of lying) it was probably only 4-5 times.

You know, I don't doubt that some people have the time and energy to go back through the thread and count, but I'm not one of them. So I'll take your word.

Hey okey? Anything?

You called me out- I verified what I said was accurate. Your turn.
A link to the president saying anything is not proof that treatment will be free of out of pocket cost for all Americans. It means less than nothing. I would love to believe that all Americans can get free treatment, but I don’t for a minute believe this will be true.

A link to the president saying anything is not proof that treatment will be free of out of pocket cost for all Americans. It means less than nothing. I would love to believe that all Americans can get free treatment, but I don’t for a minute believe this will be true.
So it’s not that I’m wrong. It’s that you don’t believe it. Okay. We shall find out I suppose.

Yes you win. I am sure that all Americans will get all the treatment with no out of pocket costs at all. I would love for this to happen. I guess we will wait and see. I know that to this point it has not happened this way. The folks I know that have been treated have had to pay.

You are 100% right that up to this point, in-hospital treatment has cost people money. I have no facts or information that could suggest otherwise.

You are 100% right that up to this point, in-hospital treatment has cost people money. I have no facts or information that could suggest otherwise.
where did I say it was in hospital treatment?

So it’s not that I’m wrong. It’s that you don’t believe it. Okay. We shall find out I suppose.
Just so we're all clear... anyone's claims (much less a politician) that 'x' or 'y' will happen doesn't mean it will.
Therefore, saying 'x' or 'y' WILL happen doesn't make it "fact".
Therefore saying everything you've said is "factual" is, in fact, false.

These two statements differ:
" 'X' will happen."
" So and so says 'x' will happen."

Just so we're all clear... anyone's claims (much less a politician) that 'x' or 'y' will happen doesn't mean it will.
Therefore, saying 'x' or 'y' WILL happen doesn't make it "fact".
Therefore saying everything you've said is "factual" is, in fact, false.

These two statements differ:
" 'X' will happen."
" So and so says 'x' will happen."

okay Sam. Thanks for being my personal fact checker.

So is what I said wrong?
It depends who says it. When the person who says it is literally the person who has the power to make it happen- and when it’s already in process- then it’s fair to say it will, in fact, happen.

It depends who says it. When the person who says it is literally the person who has the power to make it happen- and when it’s already in process- then it’s fair to say it will, in fact, happen.
umm, not so much. Even if someone promises something will happen, doesn't mean it will. Look at last year how many people said "I'm going to Disney next year", or "I'll be on a cruise this time next year". Things change. Promises (especially from politicians) don't mean squat.

When the person who says something is literally the person who has the power to make it happen- and when it's already in process- then it's fair to say it will PROBABLY happen. Not that it's a guarantee.

umm, not so much. Even if someone promises something will happen, doesn't mean it will. Look at last year how many people said "I'm going to Disney next year", or "I'll be on a cruise this time next year". Things change. Promises (especially from politicians) don't mean squat.

When the person who says something is literally the person who has the power to make it happen- and when it's already in process- then it's fair to say it will PROBABLY happen. Not that it's a guarantee.
Thanks again, Sam.

what out of hospital treatment is there people are paying for?

Many patients who have been hospitalized, especially in the ICU, are receiving physical and cognitive rehab, some patients are prescribed LMWH or DOACs after discharge, among others depending on the patients lingering/lasting symptoms. These aren’t free.
Source: family, relatives, and friends in medicine and insurance.

Please, just leave this to the medical and science professionals.
I don’t know how being a trial participant or working in finance of a random company makes one an expert in COVID-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter