CDC's No-Sail Order Officially Extended Till Oct 31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... 5,000 people tested positive... how many of them are retests who were already positive? Do you know? I don’t. Is the strain more or less virulent? Don’t know - the strain isn’t reported...

Positives are just a number without context and the labs doing have enough monitoring and guidelines to make sure the data is meaningful.

Exactly. In my state if you test positive you have to have a negative test in order to come back to work. Many people are hourly employees so they need to be at work to earn. We have people going down every day getting re-tested in hopes of getting that negative test so that they can go back to work. So you have one person causing a half dozen positive tests on the stats when really it's just one positive. Then you multiply that times millions of people across the country doing this and you see my point. The positive tests and the positivity rate are a worthless number or stat to use for anything. The only quantifying measure is deaths and hospitalization rates because a person cannot be in 2 hospital beds at once and a person cannot die more than once.

Where? Their official Whitehouse release only says they are doing "well," and none of the other major news outlets are reporting he has symptoms. I am not saying it isn't true, I just don't see it anywhere and wonder if you misheard or someone was speculating on one of the channels?

EDIT - I found it. Times reports he has "cold like symptoms." Sorry for the trouble.
White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows was the source. Pick a news source, it is front page on every news source. All of them have it that I just checked. CBS, NBC, ABC FOX News, CNBC, New York Times, Washington Post.

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows was the source. Pick a news source, it is front page on every news source. All of them have it that I just checked. CBS, NBC, ABC FOX News, CNBC, New York Times, Washington Post.

Come on - now your just being petty. I admitted I was wrong. They may all have it now, but I checked several major news sources this morning and not one had the information about him having symptoms. Most said that it was unknown. And these were stories that they had just updated. That's why I was confused and added the update once I found it. It's not like I just didn't check before asking.

I found an AP article listing the mild symptoms from several hours ago, so I don't know why the CNN, WSJ, Times, and other outlets didn't have that in the stories I read only an hour ago, and some specifically said it was unknown if he had symptoms.

Last edited:
Exactly. In my state if you test positive you have to have a negative test in order to come back to work. Many people are hourly employees so they need to be at work to earn. We have people going down every day getting re-tested in hopes of getting that negative test so that they can go back to work. So you have one person causing a half dozen positive tests on the stats when really it's just one positive. Then you multiply that times millions of people across the country doing this and you see my point. The positive tests and the positivity rate are a worthless number or stat to use for anything. The only quantifying measure is deaths and hospitalization rates because a person cannot be in 2 hospital beds at once and a person cannot die more than once.

In a recent French study, less than 3% of positive PCR COVID-19 tests showed live virus when cultured: https://academic.oup.com/cid/advance-article/doi/10.1093/cid/ciaa1491/5912603

This is a major problem that needs to be fixed and will be a hindrance to cruising again until it is. Not only does it hinder our ability to see the real severity of outbreaks, but it will possibly mean the exclusion of many non-infected individuals from traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter