Cdn. at Par - July 4th????

Everyone here seems to think that you need to be a Disney Club member to take advantage of this offer. This is available to any Canadian with proof of residency upon check in!

Has anyone gotten confirmation on what the actual special is? According to CRO there is none.

Could someone please post the details of this special once it becomes known? I'd like to know what passes we are eligible to buy at par. Thanks in advance!

I am a travel agent here in Canada and according to the fax that I received Beginning on May 15, 2002,
for travel from July 4 to October 2, 2002 with a stay of 4 nights or more. All bookings must be made
by July 31, 2002. The rates quoted are for Disney Value, Moderate or Deluxe Resorts. The Value Resort
rates are from $99 CAD most nights from 7/12 to 8/24 and $77 most nights from 8/24 to 10/02/02.
Hope this helps. My DH, DS and I were planning to drive to Myrtle Beach this year, but have now changed
our plans to stay at a Disney resort for the first time. We're thinking of All star Movie resort and getting
the UPH pass for the 12 nights that we'll be there. Any ideas? I'm taking the Certificate of Disney
Knowledge course for Travel Agents and I figure that this stay will really help. Hope this information
helps and I'll be calling tomorrow to make a reservation for us too.

Thanks Lezah for the info. I stayed at the All Star Movies in Jan and enjoyed it. Did your fax mention anything about passes being at par as well or just rooms?

Hi Tracey,

The price that I was quoted for the passes (UPH) was $475 USD for adults and $332 USD for children.
That price was cheaper than what we payed 3 years ago for our 4 day passes. I thought
that it was a good deal, but I haven't bought passes in 3 years. I was hoping that the passes
were going to be at par too, but until I call tomorrow I don't think so. There were 2 package codes
for agents to use, one for accommodation only and one for accommodation and tickets. I was also
hoping that it wouldn't cost too much to upgrade to a moderate resort for part of the time that
we're there, but according to the CRO they said that it would be about $50 more per night.
Maybe next time!

Hi Folks:
Just called down to see about the canada at par rate was without passes, 7 nights at a mod would cost, and car. beach was quoted to me 641.00 including tax. But it was in us dollars, I guess I was under the impression that we would pay in canadian dollars, I guess I was wrong. At l.62 that is l038.42 equals l48. a night canadian.

Deb.

As I posted above I already had a split ressie at CBR and CSR water view 7 nights for 850.00 CAD no hoppers.

I called this morning at 7 and was told CSR has nothing. I was also quoted a price of 1905.00 for the seven nights with 3 hoppers----this was in U.S. dollars!

This was definately not a cheaper deal than the one I had even if I buy 7 day plus hoppers here.

Not only that -just to vent- The cm I spoke with was incredibly RUDE. She modified my reservation without asking and when I said I didn't want it she got really out of line. I made it very clear that I was only calling to compare the deal to the one I have when I called. I apologized if it seemed confusing...............she wasn't going to let me off the phone till I booked that at par thing. Oh well, that's enough of that since it has nothing to do with the deal.LOL

Really check it out cause it doesn't seem to be cheaper than the summer saver with buying separate tickets. There are still a few days on all the summer codes from mousesavers I think.

Thanks everyone who looked into this deal, I hope it works out for some of you,

Rooth

:confused: :confused: :confused:
I all, excuse my ignorance but it seems very confusing ?!?!?
Could one of you veteran or travel agents out there give us the real scoop?
-What's the real deal as of today may 15th?
-wich tickets if any,are at par?(Do those passes have to be used by a certain date?)
-wich kind of resort is at par?
-Do we have to book direct with CRO or a travel agent?
Some say its a good deal some say it isn't ...
I am at work here and anxiously waiting to fear if all of that is really worth it...
Thank you for your help.;)

I just booked our Sept trip with the at par deal this morning. I am very happy with it. I booked through CRO. I know this because I have a 5 day cancellation policy and payment is not due untill I get there. The lady I dealt with also checked to see if there was a better deal available through Disney Club bit the par deal was cheaper for our times. I paid $854.75 for 6 nights at Po Riverside = $142.46 per night including taxes Canadian. It may not be the best deal out there but I was happy. The only tickets on sale were the UPH for 10 % off. We decided not to go for those.

Hey Lezah - I think I know you...it's me - Christine (Teena) Fiorelli...

Our Disneyworld honeymoon at the Grand Floridian was AMAZING!

I see you have found the Disney Discussion boards - well good luck, I DID have a life, BEFORE I found these awesome people!!!

I think you are right if you book the room only it's a good deal. It works out to be about the same as the 84.00 a night that was out a little while ago.

I already had a good rate so it wasn't better for me. I am confused about how they are working the exchange rate thing since I was quoted in U.S. dollars.

Buzz you are sooooo right we need a travel agent in here!LOL

Rooth

P.S. Called back because I was nervous about above mentioned ressie and got a super nice C.M. this time!:D

Hi,

I called about Canada at par and was told it's based on
a $.62 U.S. dollar based on the rack rate.
A regular room at $299U.S. would be $299U.S.X$.62 U.S.=$185.38 U.S.
That's what the at par is. You would pay $185.38 U.S. for a $299.U.S. room

Hope this helps

Maureen

Buzz638: To clear up your confusion, I have learned the following. Today I booked two families into the All Star resorts, one at the movies and one at sports, in late August. The rate worked out to the equivalent of $77.00 Canadian per night. Another agent in my office was able to get at par rates at the Poly, GF and AKL. Value, moderate and deluxe rooms are available with this promo, but there is a limited number of rooms available.

As far as the tickets go, the discount is only on a length of stay pass, and is at a 10% discount off the US price. In my opinion, for most of us this is not a great deal.

My advice would be to grab those rooms at these great rates, but be very cautious about adding the tickets to your package as most hopper tickets would be a better value.

We decided that the 4 day park hoppers with our Disney Club discount is a much better deal for us.. We do not check-in until probably 4 in the pm and leave before noon on our last day so the UPH seemed a real waste.

I booked my family in today at the at par rate and we are staying 12 nights, 13 days at
All Star Music Resort with UPH and the total price taxes in was $1991 CAD for my DH and DS and I.
That was cheaper than just our accomodation at Myrtle Beach was going to be. I quoted
All Star and Caribbean Beach for a client for 7 days and got a price of 1100 and 1400 approximately
with UPH included. I have called everyone I know that might be interested in Disney this year
to let them know about this. I seems much cheaper than I have seen it in a long time. I just
can't believe that we're going to have 12 whole days to spend at Disney. We'll finally be able
to check out the water parks that we've never even seen except to drive by. My son is going
to be so surprised when we drive in as he still thinks we're going to Myrtle Beach.

Hi Teena, I knew you'd be here somewhere. I've been lurking for here for years, but have
only posted in the cruise forum. Your mom said you're wedding was beautiful and I can't
wait to see pictures. I'm glad the honeymoon was wonderful. I still can't believe that you s
stayed at the GF so long it must have been awesome. I'm hoping to tour some properties
when we're down in August. Talk to you soon. Lezah

It makes sense to me now , I did all the currency conversions and it seems like the rates come out to be about the same as the summer saver was. They have just given rack rates at par with this one and with the other one the money came off the rack rate and THEN when you convert you wind up with about rack rate at par.....so it's almost the same.

The difference is that the summer saver deal is over soon and this new room rate at par will kind of extend the savings for a while longer on rooms only.

I agree the regular park hoppers are cheaper with DC club discount than the 10% off UPH is.

I went right out and got my 6 day plus today through Sears Travel.

I'm all set!! Happy Bargin Hunting guys!

Rooth

:D
Thank you all for. It's very clear now.
So maybe Disney 2 years in a row ???:Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter