Celebrity Vow Renewal At Walt Disney World…

Janet2k

DIS Veteran
There was a celebrity Fairy Tale Weddings vow renewal in Walt Disney World this month. Charytín Goyco and Elin Ortiz celebrated 32 years of marriage with an afternoon ceremony inside the Wedding Pavilion, and an evening dinner reception inside Epcot’s American Adventure Rotunda. Their vow renewal was part of “The Year of a Million Dreams” promotion that is currently going on at Disney.

Ms. Goyco and Mr. Ortiz live in Florida. Mr. Ortiz is an actor, comedian, and television producer. Ms. Goyco is a singer and actress, and also the hostess of the TeleFutura Network's popular daily television show, "Escandalo TV." For those of you who are unfamiliar with TeleFutura, it is a part of Univision Communications, Inc., and Univision recently signed a production deal with The Walt Disney Company (ABC).

In this post I’ll provide a few links to photos and videos of the couple’s Fairy Tale Weddings vow renewal celebration. I should note that the videos are in Spanish since they were broadcast on the TeleFutura Network. My son translated them into English for me as I viewed them -- it made for a very special Mother & Son Moment for the two of us. But even if you don’t understand Spanish, if you pay attention to the facial expressions & body-language of those being interviewed, you will see that the couple had a very fun -- and loving -- wedding anniversary.

This first video tells the story of Charytín Goyco and Elin Ortiz. It was narrated by the couple’s children: Shalim, Alex, and Sharina Ortiz. Shalim is the oldest son, and he is a singer and actor who has been named four times to People en Español’s “50 Más Bellos” list:
Video Clip # 1

The next video was taken on the night of the rehearsal that was held inside the Wedding Pavilion. The Best Man (Shalim Ortiz) was interviewed inside Franck’s Bridal Studio. The Groom (Elin Ortiz) was also interviewed. The video ends with a very animated Bride (Charytin) – she was obviously excited about her vow renewal:
Video Clip # 2

If you watch this video, you’ll see that it was filmed inside the BoardWalk Inn’s Steeplechase Suite. This is where the Bride (Charytin) prepared for her vow renewal ceremony. My favorite part is when the Housekeeping Staff entered the suite and the Bride signed autographs for them – it was too cute for words:
Video Clip # 3

The Bride (Charytin) was filmed arriving at the Wedding Pavilion in Cinderella’s Carriage. Fans had gathered outside of Franck’s Bridal Studio to watch her arrival. The video then moves on to show a portion of the vow renewal ceremony:
Video Clip # 4

After the ceremony, a few celebrities were interviewed: Noelia, Millie Quezada, Walter Mercado, Graciela Beltran, Marco Antonio Solis, and Dr. Nancy Alvarez:
Video Clip # 5

The Bride (Charytin) and Groom (Elin Ortiz) were interviewed as they stood outside at Picture Point behind the Wedding Pavilion. What a lovely couple they make:
Video Clip # 6

In this video, a Disney Chef described the dishes that were served at the couple's dinner reception:
Video Clip # 7

I’ve been able to gather together some links to photographs from the vow renewal. They are listed below:

Photographs # 1
Photographs # 2
Photo Slideshow # 1
Photo Slideshow # 2
Photo Slideshow # 3
Photo Slideshow # 4

The couple’s dinner reception began at 6 PM inside Epcot’s American Adventure Rotunda. If I can locate photographs or video that were taken during the dinner reception, I will post a link to them in this thread.

I forgot to mention that after the ceremony, the bridal party visited the Magic Kingdom. From what I can gather, there was some kind of “meet and greet” with many of Charytín’s fans. I believe this took place in the Rose Garden. Cinderella and Prince Charming (and the Majordomo) posed for photographs with the bridal party, with Cinderella’s Castle in the background. The photographs were lovely.

I saw the wedding live in the Telefutura channel. It was beautiful.

My question is, what kind of wedding was it? It looked religious to me.

My mom is a Charytin fan, and she says how Charytin was married in a civilian ceremony only 32 yrs ago because her husband was divorced. She often talks about dreaming all these years of having a Catholic wedding, but they have been unable to have his previous marriage annuled by the Church.

But her Dis wedding looked very religious, with several mentions to God.

I've read that you can't have a church wedding at Disney.

So what kind of wedding did Mr amd Mrs Ortiz had?

My mom is a Charytin fan, and she says how Charytin was married in a civilian ceremony only 32 yrs ago because her husband was divorced. She often talks about dreaming all these years of having a Catholic wedding, but they have been unable to have his previous marriage annuled by the Church.

But her Dis wedding looked very religious, with several mentions to God.

I've read that you can't have a church wedding at Disney.

Annam26, excellent question. I wish I knew the answer.

From the official Fairy Tale Weddings website:

Can I have a Catholic ceremony and be married by a priest?
Although Disney's Wedding Pavilion is non-denominational, the official Orlando Catholic Diocese position is that no wedding ceremonies will be recognized outside the Catholic Church. We encourage you to speak with your personal clergy about your situation.

Since Charytin and her husband have been married for 32 years, an official marriage ceremony was not needed – only a renewing of their wedding vows. So, if their vow renewal ceremony was Catholic, they had a loophole to work to their advantage. ;)

But I do not know whether or not their ceremony was a true Catholic ceremony. I am Catholic and it appeared to be very similar to what I am used to seeing, but since I don’t really speak Spanish, I can’t say with any certainty. However, I will ask my husband to watch the video and offer me his opinion (he is Catholic, too). I’ll let you know what he says.

By the way, the man who performed the ceremony is named Roberto Rojas. I haven’t had a chance to research his religion. If I find out what it is, I will post it here.

Annam26, excellent question. I wish I knew the answer.

From the official Fairy Tale Weddings website:

Can I have a Catholic ceremony and be married by a priest?
Although Disney's Wedding Pavilion is non-denominational, the official Orlando Catholic Diocese position is that no wedding ceremonies will be recognized outside the Catholic Church. We encourage you to speak with your personal clergy about your situation.

Since Charytin and her husband have been married for 32 years, an official marriage ceremony was not needed – only a renewing of their wedding vows. So, if their vow renewal ceremony was Catholic, they had a loophole to work to their advantage. ;)

But I do not know whether or not their ceremony was a true Catholic ceremony. I am Catholic and it appeared to be very similar to what I am used to seeing, but since I don’t really speak Spanish, I can’t say with any certainty. However, I will ask my husband to watch the video and offer me his opinion (he is Catholic, too). I’ll let you know what he says.

By the way, the man who performed the ceremony is named Roberto Rojas. I haven’t had a chance to research his religion. If I find out what it is, I will post it here.

Thanks for the reply, Janet2k. :) I think knowing about Mr. Roberto Rojas would solve the mistery.... He sure sounded and acted like a priest!

Annam26, did they show any video footage of the dinner reception?

No, it was live, so it ended when they got on the boat.

They showed some footage of the bride greeting fans at the Castle a couple of days later, but I didn't see it.

My mom told me she saw ads for a show on the complete celebration. I'll ask her for the date and time and post it here.

My mom told me she saw ads for a show on the complete celebration. I'll ask her for the date and time and post it here.

Annam26, that would be wonderful. I am very curious to see how the American Adventure Rotunda was decorated for the dinner party. I am hopeful that Disney went all out since my ~uneducated~ guess is that they were paying for the event because they have been targeting the Hispanic marketplace recently.

I am also wondering if Disney will be targeting the European marketplace next. Last year another celebrity couple (from England) had stated that they were going to renew their vows in Walt Disney World. That event did not happen during the time-frame that the couple had alluded to (last September). I am hopeful that it will happen this year.

Well, at least my fingers are crossed because I enjoy seeing how people celebrate the big moments in their lives. I’m such a sucker for romance. I was thrilled when I stumbled into Charytín and Elin's vow renewal information last night. They made such a lovely couple, and their children seem equally as lovely. I wish the happy couple many more years of wedded bliss.

Annam26, that would be wonderful. I am very curious to see how the American Adventure Rotunda was decorated for the dinner party. I am hopeful that Disney went all out since my ~uneducated~ guess is that they were paying for the event because they have been targeting the Hispanic marketplace recently.

Janet, talk about GMTA! My mom and I have been wondering, and we're pretty sure Disney paid for it, to target the hispanic market. After all, Charytin is a big star, and I bet her show is broadcasted all over Latin America, where I'm sure most people don't even know you can get married at WDW. She was giving hints for quite a while, and had a date for the "BIG announcement" My mom was sure that it was the annoulment of Elin's previous marriage, but it was about her "wedding" at WDW. Let me tell you, it was WILDLY publicized. So we thought, why the big news? Sure she loves her fans, but why marry on live TV? hummmm.....Disney must be paying for it.

I enjoy seeing how people celebrate the big moments in their lives. I’m such a sucker for romance. I was thrilled when I stumbled into Charytín and Elin's vow renewal information last night. They made such a lovely couple, and their children seem equally as lovely. I wish the happy couple many more years of wedded bliss.

I LOVED seeing the wedding. My sisters went to a Disney wedding last year and they were in a daze afterwards. Surprising, considering one of them thinks spending $$$$ on a wedding is a big waste. I couldn't believe when she told me she cried, and how much she loved everything.

I hope to see a WDW wedding in person some day. But for now, I hope more famous people from all over the world get married there and decide to share it with us :) Can't get enough !

Janet, talk about GMTA! My mom and I have been wondering, and we're pretty sure Disney paid for it, to target the hispanic market. After all, Charytin is a big star, and I bet her show is broadcasted all over Latin America, where I'm sure most people don't even know you can get married at WDW. She was giving hints for quite a while, and had a date for the "BIG announcement" My mom was sure that it was the annoulment of Elin's previous marriage, but it was about her "wedding" at WDW. Let me tell you, it was WILDLY publicized. So we thought, why the big news? Sure she loves her fans, but why marry on live TV? hummmm.....Disney must be paying for it.

Annam26, I don't know you but I am really likin' you. We sure do seem to think alike. I honestly have no idea if Disney paid for the vow renewal, but if they did, it sounds like it was a brilliant piece of marketing work. Thank you so much for filling in the missing pieces to the puzzle.

I am not Hispanic but my husband is. I don't watch the TeleFutura or Univision channels very often, but after reading about Charytín's ceremony, I am itching to find out what time "Escandalo TV" is broadcast here on the West Coast. I would love to tune in to see what Charytín is like. I only caught a small glimpse of her personality in the video clips that I viewed, but she seems like a very vibrant person. And who knows. Maybe my old high school Spanish will come back to me and I'll become addicted to Spanish-language television. I hear some of the shows are quite racy. ;)

If you can find out when Charytín and Elin’s vow renewal special will be aired, I would appreciate it. I definitely will make an attempt to view it.

My sisters went to a Disney wedding last year and they were in a daze afterwards... I couldn't believe when she told me she cried, and how much she loved everything.

I hope to see a WDW wedding in person some day. But for now, I hope more famous people from all over the world get married there and decide to share it with us :) Can't get enough !

Annam26, for my 20th wedding anniversary a few years ago, my husband and I celebrated with a Fairy Tale Weddings vow renewal in Walt Disney World. It was honestly the most ~magical~ night of our lives. To view a video slide show of a few of our photos, click here. And to view some of our photos, click here.

As you can imagine, I know exactly what Disney is capable of doing when it comes to private events. And that is why I would love to see how Charytín and Elin’s event turned out.

Annam26, I still don’t know the answer for certain, but I just found the following statement in an article:

"The natural Duchesse silk of the gown's ballroom skirt rustled against the green aisle runner which led to the altar, the carpet's pink and red rose pattern echoing the rose petals which would come cascading down upon the couple following the Catholic ceremony."

And here is the article in its entirety (click here for link to article):

- - - - - - -
Charytin Goyco Enjoys Disney Vow Renewal

May 2007—The two intertwined hearts featured on the wedding invitations announcing a renewal of vows between Charytin Goyco, hostess of Telefutura's popular daily gossipfest "Escandalo TV," and her husband Elin Ortiz was a fitting motif to mark a love that has not only endured but grown during the couple's 30 years of marriage. On the afternoon of May 11, 2007 the television presenter once again felt like a blushing bride as she rode inside a glass coach drawn by six white horses to Disney's Wedding Pavilion at The Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida.

Clutching a bouquet of yellow and pink roses, Charytin took the arm of her son Shalim and walked inside the chapel, where astrologer Walter Mercado, singer Millie Quezada, and Jorge Reynoso rose from their pews as the bride made her entrance wearing a fairy tale creation by Venezuelan designer Sammy Gicherman. The natural Duchesse silk of the gown's ballroom skirt rustled against the green aisle runner which led to the altar, the carpet's pink and red rose pattern echoing the rose petals which would come cascading down upon the couple following the Catholic ceremony.

The bride's white illusion veil, trimmed with a Chantilly lace border and held in place by a tiara, framed her face as she once again pledged her love to her husband. In the distance, Cinderella's castle provided a romantic backdrop in the window behind the officiant, who blessed their union during a ceremony in which Latin Grammy Award-winning artist Marco Antonio Solis offered a reading and mariachi singer Graciela Beltran performed.

Following the vow renewal, the couple joined their guests for a reception at Epcot Center, which was followed by a two-day honeymoon at the theme park.

- - - - - - -

Hi Janet2K, this is off-topic, but I am planning a vow renewal next year and I had been asking about what private dining rooms and options are available for a party of 17. Someone told me to do a Grand Floridian search for postings by Janet2K. So I did a forum search on you. But it only mentions times that you were actually mentioned by others in their threads, not your own postings. Your trip reports have so many fans so I was trying and trying to find them. I even tried to do an advanced search for you, but it kept saying that "nothing was found" (I have an Apple, so I'm not sure if that had something to do with it). I had given up, and figured that since your vow renewal was a couple of years ago, you might not be on the boards anymore.
So what luck to find you posting something here today!

Would you be able to post your trip report again? From how everyone raved about it, I am really excited to read it.

Thanks,
Jil

Sajilunni, for the past year or so, my presence on the Dis has been sporadic at best. I may pop in for several days in a row, and then disappear for weeks or months at a time. It’s a good thing you caught me before I faded away again.

The “search” feature here on the Dis has been rendered useless for quite a long time. It’s not your computer’s fault; it’s this website’s. Thankfully, I saved the links to my old trip reports: FTW Planning Session Trip Report and FTW Trip Report.

Sadly, my vow renewal trip reports are still unfinished. And many links within them are broken (music, video, information, etc.). Since Yahoo is rumored to be doing away with their photo-sharing website, I will soon be forced to find another place to store my photos. I’ve always wanted to create my own website, so perhaps now I’ll finally find the motivation to do so. At least that way I won’t be at the mercy of someone else. Until that time, my photos are still found on Yahoo. Click here for my main photo album. My sub-albums are listed in alphabetical order. To find those that are related to my vow renewal, simply look for the ones that begin with “FTW.”

In regards to your upcoming event, kindly ask the Fairy Tale Weddings folks what their current rules are for the hosting of a private event on the day of a wedding or vow renewal. Disney has put rules in place to protect themselves and those who are having Fairy Tale Weddings events. It’s always best to go directly to them to see what can and cannot be done. They are a wealth of information, more so than anyone on the Internet. In my humble opinion, no one does ~magic~ better than Disney, and they love to create it for others. Don't ever be afraid to ask them for help.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding anniversary, Sajilunni. I wish you all the happiness in the world. If you have further questions, please feel free to PM me. I'll do my best to share my private event experiences with you.

Janet2k, I just saw the video slide show of your wedding renewal at Disney.
It sure looks like a magical night. Even more than the Disney setting, the joy and love in your faces is where I see the biggest magic. To see those expressions on newlyweds is sweet. To see them in a vow renewal for a couple which has been together for 20 years is.....well magical, sorry to be so redundant, but that is the word that comes to mind. Thanks for sharing!

Where you alone at the MK for the pictures? It looks like it. I loved "The Great Movie Ride Handprint" I had no idea you could do that.

Annam26, I don't know you but I am really likin' you. We sure do seem to think alike.
Thank you :blush: I feel the same way :)

I am not Hispanic but my husband is. I don't watch the TeleFutura or Univision channels very often, but after reading about Charytín's ceremony, I am itching to find out what time "Escandalo TV" is broadcast here on the West Coast. I would love to tune in to see what Charytín is like. I only caught a small glimpse of her personality in the video clips that I viewed, but she seems like a very vibrant person. And who knows. Maybe my old high school Spanish will come back to me and I'll become addicted to Spanish-language television. I hear some of the shows are quite racy. ;)

If you can find out when Charytín and Elin’s vow renewal special will be aired, I would appreciate it. I definitely will make an attempt to view it.

"Escandalo TV" Starts at 11 A.M. on the East Coast. To Call Charytin "vibrant" is putting it mildly. The woman seems to have an endless supply of energy. Sometimes after watching her I feel like I need a nap :laughing: . Everybody says that she's like that all the time, not just for the cameras. Poor Elin must need a lot of vitamins to keep up :laughing:

My mother told me today that they said the wedding special would be on this coming Sunday, but she didn't say the time. I hope that they show it. If I find out more I'll post it.
Annam26, I still don’t know the answer for certain, but I just found the following statement in an article:

"The natural Duchesse silk of the gown's ballroom skirt rustled against the green aisle runner which led to the altar, the carpet's pink and red rose pattern echoing the rose petals which would come cascading down upon the couple following the Catholic ceremony."

Hummmm......Catholic ceremony.....perhaps the Church allows vow renewals at Disney, and thus the "loophole" you mentioned before....interesting.

Janet2k, Charytins wedding special will be on TeleFutura this Sunday (the 27th) at 7 p.m. ET :)

Where you alone at the MK for the pictures? It looks like it. I loved "The Great Movie Ride Handprint" I had no idea you could do that.

Annam26, thank you for the kind words. Yes, it was just the two of us in the Magic Kingdom (plus our Disney photographer) for that particular photo session. As to the Handprint Ceremony, our Disney Streetmosphere character – Lars, the Hollywood Movie Producer – made that ceremony especially festive & fun. He was a hoot and a half.

"Escandalo TV" Starts at 11 A.M. on the East Coast. To Call Charytin "vibrant" is putting it mildly. The woman seems to have an endless supply of energy. Sometimes after watching her I feel like I need a nap.

I watched Charytín on "Escandalo TV" yesterday (it starts at 11 AM here on the West Coast, too). She is indeed a fireball. I bet she and Elin match perfectly. She’s the hyper one, while he’s the laidback one. No wonder their marriage has been so successful. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter