Celebrity Vow Renewal At Walt Disney World…

From the Univision / TeleFutura website, it sounds like Charytín had a dessert party on the Italy Isola. If she did, I'm hopeful that it was decorated nicely -- that way her setup might give ideas to other Fairy Tale Weddings couples for their own events.

- - - - - - -

Spanish: Después de dar el sí, TeleFutura, la cadena de Escándalo TV, ofrecerá una recepción en la sección American Adventure Rotunda del parque Epcot Center, seguida de una fiesta de postres y el espectáculo de fuegos artificiales Illuminations en la isla privada Isola del mismo parque temático de Disney.

English: After agreeing, TeleFutura, the TV Scandal chain, will offer a reception in the section American Adventure Flat of the park Epcot Center, followed by a festival of desserts and the spectacle of artificial fires Illuminations in the private island Isola of the same theme park of Disney.

- - - - - - -

Annam26 , did Elin's first wife die?

No, she is still alive. I think that she is or was a celebrity too. I know that she's not the problem in the annulment -she's moved on and may be married too. The problem was with the church not willing to give the annulment

Or perhaps the annulment was kept quiet? Or maybe the photo’s caption was incorrect?

I highly doubt it. She has talked about her pain in not being to have the Catholic wedding quite a few times. I think she'd have yelled from the rooftops that she finally had the approval of the church to be united in Holy Matrimony. She's not the subtle, keep-quiet type.

Of course, since the vow renewal wasn't really a "wedding," it is possible that the church allowed a priest to officiate over it. After all, the couple has been married for over 32 years. Even the Catholic Church can’t argue with a successful marriage like that.

I think this is more likely. Even my very traditional mother think it's a shame that the Catholic Chuch will not reconginze such a long, loving marriage. She thinks they deseve the blessing of the church!

I just had another thought... If the Officiant was a priest, perhaps he is a dear family friend and did what he felt was right in his heart. And that was to perform a religious ceremony for two people who so obviously love each other.

Wow, that would be awsome! I'd love to know if it was something along those lines.

OK, I started replying before reading all the posts... Iris Chacon was his first wife!? She used to be a bombshell! I remember once David Letterman had her on his show, he introduced her as his "future wife". I think she's quite a bit older than Chary....

I found a few photos of Charytín Goyco’s vow renewal invitations. I’ll share links to them here, along with the photos' captions in Spanish and their English translations. Please remember that the translations are far from perfect (they were done by computer).

Invitation Photo # 1: click here
Spanish: En un sobre como este, adornado con dos corazones plateados, está la invitación a la boda de Charytín.
English: In an envelope as this, adorned with two silver hearts, is the invitation to the wedding of Charytín.

Invitation Photo # 2: click here
Spanish: La invitación como tal es en papel blanco con relieve adornado con un pequeño lazo.
English: The invitation as such is in white role with relief adorned with a small tie.

Invitation Photo # 3: click here
Spanish: Y dice así: Charytín y Elin Ortiz tienen el gusto de invitarlos a la Boda de sus Sueños.
English: And it says thus: Charytín and Elin Ortiz have the flavor to invite them to the Wedding of its Dreams.

Invitation Photo # 4: click here
Spanish: La cita es el próximo 11 de mayo, en vivo desde Disney, a las 12:30 por TeleFutura.
English: The appointment is the next one 11 of May, in alive from Disney, to the 12:30 by TeleFutura.

Invitation Photo # 5: click here
Spanish: Después de la boda, habrá una recepción en Epcot Center.
English: After the wedding, there will be a reception in Epcot Center.
This is amazing....

I think this photo barely scratches the surface regarding what an elaborate event this was for Disney’s Fairy Tale Weddings folks: click here.

That’s a lot of camera coverage for a simple bride...taking a simple ride...to her simple ceremony. ;)

Got an "You are not authorized to view this page" :guilty:

I found some more photos with captions on the Univision / TeleFutura website. Again, I ran the captions through a Spanish to English translator (on the computer).

- - - - - - -

Photo # 1: click here

Spanish: Desde hace un tiempo, las novias usan dos vestidos. Uno para la iglesia y otro para la fiesta.
English: Since a time ago, the girlfriends use two dresses. One for the church and another for the festival.

- - - - - - -

Photo # 2: click here

Spanish: Chary no fue la excepción. Se unió a la moda y usó dos vestidos el día de su boda.
English: Chary was not the exception. It joined with the fashion and used two dresses the day of its wedding.

- - - - - - -

Photo # 3: click here

Spanish: Ambos, de color blanco, fueron diseñados por el venezolano Samy Gicherman.
English: Both, of white color, they were designed by the Venezuelan one Samy Gicherman.

- - - - - - -

Photo # 4: click here

Spanish: El primero fue de falda amplia con la parte superior bordada y con velo tipo mantilla española.
English: The first one was of extensive skirt with the upper part embroidered and with Spanish mantilla type veil.

- - - - - - -

Photo # 5: click here
<-- first glimpse of 2nd dress??

Spanish: Este es el traje de la fiesta. Charytín lo usó en la pasada gala de Objetivo Fama.
English: This is the suit of the festival. Charytín used it in it passed gala of Objective Fame.

- - - - - - -

Photo # 6: click here
<-- glimpse of 2nd dress??

Spanish: A diferencia del primer vestido, este era ceñido al cuerpo y de manga larga.
English: As opposed to the first dress, this was tight al body and long-sleeved.

- - - - - - -

Photo # 7: click here

Spanish: De la rodilla hacia abajo, las flores caían para terminar en una pequeña cola.
English: Of the knee downward, the flowers fell to finish in a small queue.
- - - - - - -

Photo # 8: click here

Spanish: Aquí Chary con su amado esposo, Don Elín, detrás de cámaras durante el 'show' musical.
English: Here Chary with its beloved husband, Mr. Elín, behind cameras during the 'show' musical.

- - - - - - -

Photo # 9: click here
<-- glimpse of both dresses??

Spanish: ¿Qué vestido te gusta más?
English: What you dressed like more?

- - - - - - -

I think I like the first dress better....however the second one is more typical of her.

Iris Chacon was his first wife!? She used to be a bombshell! I remember once David Letterman had her on his show, he introduced her as his "future wife". I think she's quite a bit older than Chary....

Okay, Boo0105 and you now have my curiosity piqued regarding Ms. Iris Chacon. I'm going to have to research this woman. I adore David Letterman and if he introduced someone as his “future wife,” she’s gotta be something special.

Edited To Add: Okay, a simple search of the 'net gave me the following video on YouTube: click here. David Letterman introduced her as “The Dolly Parton of Puerto Rico, Iris Chacon.”

I tell ya, Mr. Elin Ortiz must be a special man to have married two such vibrant women. Yowsa!

Got an "You are not authorized to view this page"

Annam26, please try the link again: click here. It's a photo of Charytín inside of Cinderella's carriage. All sorts of cameras were pointed at her as she arrived at the Wedding Pavilion. In the photo you can see her blowing a kiss to the photographers/videographers.

This is amazing...

Annam26, I agree that it was fun to see her vow renewal invitations. They were simple and elegant. Just lovely.

I think I like the first dress better....however the second one is more typical of her.

Photo of two dresses: click here. I liked the first dress, too. It would be easier to hide a multitude of figure flaws (I'm speaking from personal experience here ;) ). The second dress, however, would do nothing but flaunt a killer body such as Charytín's. Wow!

One of the guests in attendance at the vow renewal was a gentleman by the name of Mr. Walter Mercado: click here. I didn’t know who Mr. Mercado was so I looked him up on the Internet. I discovered that he is an astrologer, and also a personal astrologer to many celebrities.

For those who have watched Charytín's television show, "Escandalo TV," has Mr. Mercado been a guest on that show? Is that his connection to Charytín? Or is he a personal astrologer for Charytín and Elin?

Another celebrity guest in attendance was Mr. Johnny Ventura and his wife Josefina: click here and click here.

In one of the video clips that I saw, Mr. Ventura was singing on board the boat as it traveled around Seven Seas Lagoon. He had a lovely singing voice, and that prompted me to do a little research since I was unfamiliar with him.

A quick search of the 'net gave me the the following music video: click here. It was easy for me to see that Mr. Ventura was quite the entertainer. I bet it was an awful lot of fun having him at the vow renewal.

I forgot to mention that Mr. Johnny Ventura is also quite the dancer. Click here to see him dancing with Jennifer Lopez.

A man who sings AND dances? Be still my heart, ~sigh.~

Okay, Boo0105 and you now have my curiosity piqued regarding Ms. Iris Chacon. I'm going to have to research this woman. I adore David Letterman and if he introduced someone as his “future wife,” she’s gotta be something special.

Edited To Add: Okay, a simple search of the 'net gave me the following video on YouTube: click here. David Letterman introduced her as “The Dolly Parton of Puerto Rico, Iris Chacon.”

I tell ya, Mr. Elin Ortiz must be a special man to have married two such vibrant women. Yowsa!

Maybe he said she'd be his future wife during the monologue. I remember him saying it and thought funny how...."impressed" he was with her. :laughing: I mean, the only thing Iris and Dolly have in common is.....you know what :laughing:

Dave is Da Man :thumbsup2

Annam26, please try the link again: click here. It's a photo of Charytín inside of Cinderella's carriage. All sorts of cameras were pointed at her as she arrived at the Wedding Pavilion. In the photo you can see her blowing a kiss to the photographers/videographers.

Got the not authorized" again....:confused3

One of the guests in attendance at the vow renewal was a gentleman by the name of Mr. Walter Mercado: click here. I didn’t know who Mr. Mercado was so I looked him up on the Internet. I discovered that he is an astrologer, and also a personal astrologer to many celebrities.

For those who have watched Charytín's television show, "Escandalo TV," has Mr. Mercado been a guest on that show? Is that his connection to Charytín? Or is he a personal astrologer for Charytín and Elin?

Walter is a very flamboyant character..... shal we say, the Liberace of astrologers? He and Charytin have been friends for a long time. He's also been in the business for decades.

I forgot to mention that Mr. Johnny Ventura is also quite the dancer. Click here to see him dancing with Jennifer Lopez.

A man who sings AND dances? Be still my heart, ~sigh.~
:goodvibes

He's great, although I haven't followed his career much. I'm more of a Classic Rock and Classic Pop fan :)

I think I'm remembering now.....Charytin used to have a variety show long ago. I mean years and years ago. She was known as a singer back then. Her blond hair was very long. Her show had a few comic sketches. I'm almost sure that Walter Mercado had an astrology segment in that show....

Maybe he said she'd be his future wife during the monologue. I remember him saying it and thought funny how...."impressed" he was with her.

Annam26, I bet Ms. Chachon has been on his show multiple times. I was just glad that I found one of the clips that showed her in action.

Walter is a very flamboyant character..... shal we say, the Liberace of astrologers? He and Charytin have been friends for a long time. He's also been in the business for decades.

When I did a little research into who he was, that was how I visualized him (the Liberace of Astrologers). I bet he's the life of the party. I love people who are like that -- full of life and not afraid to show it. I can understand why Charytín invited him to her vow renewal.

I'm more of a Classic Rock and Classic Pop fan...

I'm not sure what kind of music lover I am anymore. I think that happens when you've lived as long as I have. Everything gets jumbled together. ;)

I think I'm remembering now.....Charytin used to have a variety show long ago. I mean years and years ago. She was known as a singer back then.

Annam26, I just looked into Charytín's background a little bit more. I found the following -- it sounds like the show that you were talking about:

Latin singer, actress, and TV host Charytín was born in the Dominican Republic, moving to Puerto Rico in 1974. Known as La Rubia de America (America's Blond), the multi-talented artist hosted a popular talk show, called Ahora Charytín, during the '90s. Charytín's records are mostly pop/ballad oriented.

Here are some more photos from the Univision / TeleFutura website that provide another glimpse of the vow renewal's events:

- - - - - - -

Photo # 1: click here

Spanish: No te pierdas 'Lo que no vio de la Boda de Chary' el domingo a las 7PM / 6 Centro por TeleFutura.
English: You do not lose 'what you did not see of the Wedding of Chary' Sunday at the 7PM / 6 Central on TeleFutura.

- - - - - - -

Photo # 2: click here

Spanish: Después de renovar sus votos matrimoniales, Chary, Don Elín y sus invitados se divirtieron de lo lindo.
English: After renewing their marital vows, Chary, Mr. Elín and their guests entertained of the pretty thing.

- - - - - - -

Photo # 3: click here

Spanish: Graciela Beltrán le dio una serenata a los novios al ritmo de los mariachi.
English: Graciela Beltrán serenaded the bride and groom to the rhythm of the mariachi musicians.

- - - - - - -

Photo # 4: click here

Spanish: El buki también dedicó una canción a la pareja escandalosa y se divirtió cómo nunca.
English: Buki also dedicated a song to the scandalous pair and it was never amused how.

- - - - - - -

Photo # 5: click here

Spanish: Y para cerrar con broche de oro, los novios y sus invitados disfrutaron de una noche llena de fuegos artificiales.
English: And to close with a finishing touch, the bride and groom and their guests enjoyed a full night of fireworks.

- - - - - - -

Photo # 6: click here

Spanish: ¿Quieres saber quién se ganó el ramo y la liga?
English: Do you want to know who caught the bouquet?

- - - - - - -

Annam26, I just looked into Charytín's background a little bit more. I found the following -- it sounds like the show that you were talking about:

Latin singer, actress, and TV host Charytín was born in the Dominican Republic, moving to Puerto Rico in 1974. Known as La Rubia de America (America's Blond), the multi-talented artist hosted a popular talk show, called Ahora Charytín, during the '90s. Charytín's records are mostly pop/ballad oriented.

The variety show is older than that. I'm thinking like '82, '83. She mostly sang there.

Here is a clip of her singing. I don't know where it came from.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=SI7pSLcOsyU

Janet2k, I just thought of a tip that may help you enjoy the wedding special more. My mom sometimes has trouble following shows and movies in English if the actors speak too fast. So we have CC on the living room TV, and that way she gets everything.

The vow renewal may be CC (A lot of shows on TeleFurura are). Maybe you'll be able to follow everything better watching it with the CC on.

The variety show is older than that. I'm thinking like '82, '83. She mostly sang there.

Annam26, thank you for the link. Charytín has a very nice voice. I can see why she's been popular for so long with the public.

The vow renewal may be CC (A lot of shows on TeleFurura are). Maybe you'll be able to follow everything better watching it with the CC on.

I am definitely going to turn on "Closed Captioning." I wish I could input it into my computer so that I could have it translated while it's being broadcast.

Here are a few Disney press releases:

- - - - - - -
Click here for photo.

As part of the celebration of “The Year of A Million Dreams”, Charytin and Elin renewed their vow in a Fairy Tale Wedding at the Disney Wedding Pavilion...

As part of the celebration of “The Year of A Million Dreams,” Charytin, Elin and her family in her Fairy Tale Wedding. Charytin’s Vow Renewal at Walt Disney World Wedding Pavilion was a dream come true and was a live broadcast by “El Escandolo TV” for “Telefutura”.

- - - - - - -

Click here for photo.

Charytin during her Fairy Tale Vow Renewal Wedding, which became a reality at Walt Disney World Resort as part of "The Year of The Million Dreams."...

As part of the celebration of “The Year of A Million Dreams,” Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Cinderella’s royal court accompanied Charytin, Elin and her family in her Fairy Tale Wedding.

- - - - - - -

Click here for photo.

Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse accompanied Charytin during her Fairy Tale Vow Renewal Wedding...

Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse accompanied Charytin during her Fairy Tale Vow Renewal Wedding, which became a reality at Walt Disney World Resort as part of "The Year of The Million Dreams." Charytin arrived at Disney's Victorian-style Wedding Pavilion in Cinderella's glass coach. Millie Quezada ( left), Walter Mercado, Marco Antonio Solis and family (center), Gabriela Beltran, Noelia, Talina Fernandez (right) and the “Escandalo TV” cast were all special celebrity guests, sharing a magical and memorable day.

- - - - - - -

Click here for photo.

As part of the celebration of “The Year of A Million Dreams”, Charytin and Elin renewed their vow in a Fairy Tale Wedding at the Disney's Wedding Pavilion...

As part of the celebration of “The Year of A Million Dreams,” Charytin and Elin renewed their vow in a Fairy Tale Wedding at the Wedding Pavilion in Walt Disney World Resort. Charytin, Elin and their her daughter, Sharina, shared the most magical and memorable moments of Charytin’s dream-come-true wedding .

- - - - - - -

Click here for photo.

As part of the celebration of “The Year of A Million Dreams”. Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Cinderella’s royal court accompanied Charytin, Elin and her family in her Fairy Tale Wedding...

As part of the celebration of “The Year of A Million Dreams,” Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Cinderella’s royal court accompanied Charytin, Elin and her family in her Fairy Tale Wedding. Charytin’s Vow Renewal at Walt Disney World Wedding Pavilion was a dream come true and was a live broadcast by “El Escandolo TV” for “Telefutura”.

- - - - - - -

From the Univision / TeleFutura website, it appears that Charytín wore two dresses to her Fairy Tale Weddings event... We’ve already seen the dress that Charytín wore to her ceremony: click here. But I’m not quite sure what she wore to her dinner reception.

I saw another video clip of the vow renewal on Friday’s "Escandalo TV" show. It looked like Ms. Charytín was definitely wearing that second dress: click here. She also wore a short veil, but I couldn't tell if she was wearing the same tiara from her ceremony.

Got an "You are not authorized to view this page"

Annam26, I went back and changed the photo links in this thread that were giving you trouble. This time I used a different manner to access the same set of photos. Hopefully, they will work for you now. (If the following one works, they should all work.)

Click here to see the press barrage that greeted Charytín when she arrived at the Wedding Pavilion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter