• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Central AC Temp?

I'm from NH and don't normally use a/c all that much, but WOW! I've had it running now for at least 14 days straight, 24/7.

I keep it set at 80 night and day. I'm weird.... but that is perfectly comfortable for me. Any lower and I'm FREEZING!

Thanks for all the responses----guess there is no one right answer!!! I tend to like it at 73/74, but husband wants it more like 75/76. Guess we'll just keep playing the change-the-temp game!
You're fighting over two degrees? Can't you set it at 74/75 and you both are satisfied? :confused3

We do 74-75 if we're home, 78 if we're not or at night.

I think the temperature also depends on where your thermostat is. Just because your thermostat is set at 76 doesn't mean every room in your house is 76. So maybe your bedroom is 74 and living room 78, but the thermostat is in between.

I'm in Louisiana and its really hot and humid . At night I set the ac to 69 and during the day it's at 74.

OP here--- I'm amazed at the range here! And I thought it might have to do with different parts of the country, but it really just seems to be all over. After looking at all the responses, I realize we fall pretty much right in the middle. I'd be happy with 74 day and night, sometimes dropping to 73 if I'm cleaning or busy around the house. Husband is happier at 75 or 76, but just that degree or two difference is too warm for me!

Whatever the right answer, I just wish it weren't so hot and humid out there so I could turn off the AC!

The last few weeks have been brutal. I don't tolerate the heat well. I have it set at 69-70.

Pretty much always set at 74. Sometimes if I remember I will kick it to 78 before I leave in the am.

74-78, depending on who is setting it at the time. :rolleyes1 (I like it colder. :teeth: )

All summer I keep the a/c on 70. All winter I keep the heat on 80 (heat is included with the rent!).

We leave ours on about 80 during the day and about 70 at night. I'm shocked that our AC doesn't run for hours on end during the day like it did when we've lived other places farther north. I change it to 80 when I get up in the morning, and it's not uncommon for it not to come on at all during the day. I think it has something to do with the fact that we live in a first-floor apartment now instead of on a second or third floor like we used to. It's been a huge difference! Our last place had really high ceilings and big windows; the air ran all day in the summer, and the place was still a little on the warm side.

Ours is set between 68 and 70. I sneak it down a little during the day while DH is at work, though. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm in Virginia and it is hot and humid, so the ac is set at 69. After reading some of the temps on here now I know why I am always hot when I go out!

80. Sometimes higher. We find that if we reduce the humidity in the house (which any AC temp will do), and run the ceiling fans, 80 is fine. We do have the luxury of a reverse floor plan though....our bedrooms are on the lower level where it stays 5 degrees cooler than the main level.

I hate going into buildings where the AC is set too low. I'm always dressed for SUMMER, and if it's lower than 76, I feel like I need long sleeves and long pants!

My office area is freezing. I end up wearing my fleece jacket.

My office area is freezing. I end up wearing my fleece jacket.

I closed my air vents at my office. The building is kept way too cold for me. If I kept them open, I'd be wearing a sweater too.

Mine is at 77/78. Yesterday I was wearing my North Face fleece inside because I was cold.

In the winter it is about at 72/74.

We keep ours at 76. I would like to keep it lower but do not want to give the power company more money. I have started to research a geothermal system to see it we can save money and keep it cooler.

Floridian checking in. Hubby and I battle back and forth between 73 and 74. I like 73, but he thinks that ONE degree makes it too cold. We never turn our heat on. Anything above 75 and the dog starts panting and keeps me awake all night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter