• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chance of Lightning & 25 Other Friends at Connor's First Birthday, Birthday Party!

Hey everyone. Still working. As soon as I am done, I will finish this for anyone still here. Sorry I abandoned you for so long. I cannot wait to read all the messages. Laundry calls for now. Hope everyone is well. I really do miss all of my DIS friends. Take care.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Kimberly! What a relief to hear that all is well. I look forward to your return.

Miss you friend. :goodvibes

Hey everyone. Still working. As soon as I am done, I will finish this for anyone still here. Sorry I abandoned you for so long. I cannot wait to read all the messages. Laundry calls for now. Hope everyone is well. I really do miss all of my DIS friends. Take care.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm glad you're working; but I do miss you on the Dis. Take care.

Hey, everyone! We're well...busy but well. Just finished a cruise aboard the Disney Wonder!

643A3AD8-7C9D-4F57-A461-76202EDD5EE7-1859-000001D67ECEE439.jpg

:wave: So happy to see one of you posting. I do think of Kim, you and the family and wonder how you're doing. Hope everyone is well. :goodvibes

I quit my job, so I will be returning to the DIS. I am not sure whether I should finish this or not, since it has been so long. We've already taken another Disney vacation and booked two more, since this one wrapped. Hope all is well with everyone. I will be catching up with all of you soon.

Good to hear from you Kimberly! I do hope that all is well.

Glad to see you and Crap back on the DIS some!

Good to hear from you Kimberly! I do hope that all is well.

Glad to see you and Crap back on the DIS some!

Great to hear from you too! I have missed everyone (especially you) so much. Happy to be back.

I quit my job, so I will be returning to the DIS. I am not sure whether I should finish this or not, since it has been so long. We've already taken another Disney vacation and booked two more, since this one wrapped. Hope all is well with everyone. I will be catching up with all of you soon.

If you can remember, I think you should finish this one! Welcome back!

Whilst I'm glad to be seeing more of you on the Dis, so sorry to read that you quit your job.

Hi, Kim!:cool1: It's good to see you back!

I was shocked to see that you posted in my TR today because I don't think I'd actually seen you post anywhere on the DIS since last year (though I've seen other people post in your specific TR thread). Maybe you posted somewhere and I missed it. I read your post in my TR thread and I've been conserving my replies there because, as you saw, I'm just about to hit that '250' mark, and I'm planning to do a TR thread "Retrospective" (which will take up a few posts) to go out with a bang on page 250.

I just didn't want you to think that I was ignoring your post, which is why I came over here to comment instead!

The good thing is that since my TR thread is just about done (minus the upcoming Retrospective), I have a little more time on my hands to follow a couple of trip reports from other people! So I would love to hear about your latest Disneyland adventures, upcoming adventures, etc.

Did I read correctly (I think you posted it in Bret's TR) that you're heading to DLR for Halloween Time?:cool1: Second only to Christmas time at DLR, Halloween Time is my favorite. You'll have a lot of fun! Be sure to come and find us in the Halloween Time Superthread.

And yes, to respond to what you said in my TR - you absolutely should plan a little quickie Christmas time trip to DLR! The holiday season at DLR was amazing even before the 20-night Candlelight Ceremony and the Cars Land/Buena Vista Street decor. Those elements just made it even better!

Anyway, you quit your job? Didn't you just start that job fairly recently?

Though it's not for a good reason (quitting your job), I'm happy to hear you're back to hang out with us. I would love for you to finish this TR, even if it's been so long. I understand if you choose not to, though.

It's nice to hear from you again Kim. Just like you, I have been away from the boards due to work. Glad you are back on the boards.

If you can remember, I think you should finish this one! Welcome back!

I still remember it pretty well, so I guess I can finish it.

Whilst I'm glad to be seeing more of you on the Dis, so sorry to read that you quit your job.

Quitting was for the best. My projects kept getting extended. If I did not quit, I might have been there until I retired.

Hi, Kim!:cool1: It's good to see you back!

I was shocked to see that you posted in my TR today because I don't think I'd actually seen you post anywhere on the DIS since last year (though I've seen other people post in your specific TR thread). Maybe you posted somewhere and I missed it. I read your post in my TR thread and I've been conserving my replies there because, as you saw, I'm just about to hit that '250' mark, and I'm planning to do a TR thread "Retrospective" (which will take up a few posts) to go out with a bang on page 250.

I just didn't want you to think that I was ignoring your post, which is why I came over here to comment instead!

The good thing is that since my TR thread is just about done (minus the upcoming Retrospective), I have a little more time on my hands to follow a couple of trip reports from other people! So I would love to hear about your latest Disneyland adventures, upcoming adventures, etc.

Did I read correctly (I think you posted it in Bret's TR) that you're heading to DLR for Halloween Time?:cool1: Second only to Christmas time at DLR, Halloween Time is my favorite. You'll have a lot of fun! Be sure to come and find us in the Halloween Time Superthread.

And yes, to respond to what you said in my TR - you absolutely should plan a little quickie Christmas time trip to DLR! The holiday season at DLR was amazing even before the 20-night Candlelight Ceremony and the Cars Land/Buena Vista Street decor. Those elements just made it even better!

Anyway, you quit your job? Didn't you just start that job fairly recently?

I have not posted much at all lately but will be posting more now that I have free time. Reading your ending will be great. I understand wanting to conserve space.

I am going to Dl just before Halloween and am super excited about it. If I could get a quick trip this Christmas as well, I would be a happy girl.

I actually worked there for over 11 years, then I was a stay at home Mom for almost 2 years. They called me back last summer asking for 3-4 weeks. Eight months later, there was no end in sight. I really do adore them, but I stayed longer than I wanted. When I dropped all of my work off last week, the Dr tried to assign me a new project. He had to be reminded that I am done (at least for now). His last words were that we would work together again someday, so I am sure I will see him again. It was actually perfect timing to quit too. Crap is on a business trip in Boston this week and has another to San Diego next week. I do not have to worry about working on top of all of the other things I will have no help with over the next couple of weeks. Plus, both boys have some stomach bug.

Though it's not for a good reason (quitting your job), I'm happy to hear you're back to hang out with us. I would love for you to finish this TR, even if it's been so long. I understand if you choose not to, though.

I was happy to quit my job. It is a good thing. I will finish it, but it will be weird writing about three vacations ago (went to Legoland and the San Diego Zoo in December 2012 and on the Disney Wonder last month).

It's nice to hear from you again Kim. Just like you, I have been away from the boards due to work. Glad you are back on the boards.

I cannot wait to read more about your trips. Hope work has not kept you away from Dl.

I have not posted much at all lately but will be posting more now that I have free time. Reading your ending will be great. I understand wanting to conserve space.

I am going to Dl just before Halloween and am super excited about it. If I could get a quick trip this Christmas as well, I would be a happy girl.

I actually worked there for over 11 years, then I was a stay at home Mom for almost 2 years. They called me back last summer asking for 3-4 weeks. Eight months later, there was no end in sight. I really do adore them, but I stayed longer than I wanted. When I dropped all of my work off last week, the Dr tried to assign me a new project. He had to be reminded that I am done (at least for now). His last words were that we would work together again someday, so I am sure I will see him again. It was actually perfect timing to quit too. Crap is on a business trip in Boston this week and has another to San Diego next week. I do not have to worry about working on top of all of the other things I will have no help with over the next couple of weeks. Plus, both boys have some stomach bug.

It's not a huge deal to go slightly past page 250 in these threads, like if you're in the middle of something specific and just need to get to the end of it (for example, when we do the Theme Week Countdowns in the Disneyland at Christmas Superthread and are thisclose to the end of the countdown), but since my TR thread will be closed anyway I might as well conserve the final posts on page 250 for the thread Retrospective!

The just-before-Halloween trip will be so much fun!:yay: I hope you can swing the holiday season mini-trip as well!:cool1::banana: Even if Christmas time were not my favorite season, I would still say that it offers so much more all-around, thorough decor and general festivity at DLR than Halloween Time offers - right down to the hotels. It's a matter of 'getting more bang for your buck,' and the holidays at DLR deliver that bang whereas Halloween Time feels a little...I don't know...thin, I guess. It pains me to say that because I love Halloween as a holiday so much!

But I am really, really hoping that Halloween Time can become bigger and better at DLR from this point forward. Even if it just got back to the level that it used to be, circa 2007 or 2008 - with themed music playing and obvious Halloween decor in DCA - that would be fine, but I think that Cars Land has a lot of Halloween potential, and I hope the creative wizards at DLR can build upon that. Also, I can totally envision retro Halloween decorations along Buena Vista Street. I can picture it. I can see the whole scenario. I can practically touch the vintage portraits of cherubic children wishing us all a "Merry Hallowe'en" as they stand next to roughly sketched black cats and witches' hats. All Disney has to do is...well, do it! They just have to make it happen!

I can't recall if you were still on the DIS when I posted this Halloween Time DIS Unplugged podcast/call-in show link in my TR last year but if you missed it, it's good for a listen as it will help with the Halloween fun & planning:

Halloween Time Podcast & Call-In Show (featuring the DIS Unplugged team - and me!!!)

Truth be told, I have not listened to the podcast/call-in show since we recorded it. I hate the sound of my own voice. But I know that we covered a wide range of Halloween Time-related subjects and I know that I was blurting out some tips at the very end. We also did a call-in show for the holiday season which was even better, I think.

I can totally understand not wanting to be stuck in a job beyond the time frame you had planned - especially if you are a mom (which you are!). I'm not a mom, but I am the sort of person who will get very antsy if I am expected to extend myself past a pre-arranged time frame because it keeps me from doing something else I need or want to do.

On the one hand, it's great that the Dr. and the office wanted you to stick around, and it is a job with which you are so familiar. The overall employment situation is bad in so many areas of the country, and people are either not able to find work or are having to take jobs in fields they would otherwise never be interested in delving into in a million years. At least you know you can probably always go back to the Dr. and that job if necessary.

But when you have children and other obligations, and you sign on for just a 'limited engagement,' you want to be able to end that engagement when you expected to.

I hope the boys are feeling better!

Thanks Princess. They are doing a little better.

Thanks Sherry. That is a lot of great information. I started listening to the podcast and will definitely finish it before I leave. Your voice is fine. I think everyone hates her own voice.

I really like the people I work for and am sure I will see them again for work or a more personal project. Their daughter may swim in the Olympics someday She was 1.5 when I met her, so I will enjoy rooting for her.

I will finish this. I just want to catch up on my reading first. Just reporting the good news to those who have not heard it yet. We took our second cruise over Spring Break on the Wonder. Just before we left, we booked a 2 day trip to Disneyland to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary and attend the Halloween party. Crap found out he has another week of vacation for 2013 he did not know about, so we are adding a week at WDW 10/27-11/03. I am super excited, because our only other solid plans are to sail on the Fantasy 12/06/14 for Xander's 8th birthday. I am also pre-planning attending Shanghai Disneyland over Christmas break in 2015 (hopefully it will be open by then). Even though it is on the other side of the country, I may try to squeeze in Hong Kong. If I can hit Anaheim and Orlando back to back, I may get both locations in China too. I am excited to see that a lot of you are also taking trips soon and plan to follow along.

So many Disney trips in the future. Awesome! :goodvibes I hope you do get the chance to do both Shangai and Hong King. Will you be visiting the Philippines too? There is a possibility that I may get to go to Disneyland Paris in 2014.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter