Change in Cancellation Policy

DCSWO

Extra Disney magic
I haven't seen this anywhere yet. Just received the following from DCL:

All of us at Disney Cruise Line hope you and your family are staying well. We want to let you know we’ve temporarily modified our final payment and cancellation policies to provide you with greater flexibility.
For sailings through September 30, 2021, we are temporarily extending final payment until 60 days prior to sailing for Guests booked in unrestricted stateroom categories. This means that those Guests who have not yet reached their final payment due date can wait until up to 60 days prior to sailing to pay for their cruise vacation. Onboard cruise activities can be scheduled within your Castaway Club booking window once final payment is received.
In addition, we are temporarily relaxing our cruise cancellation fee schedule for sailings through September 30, 2021, as described below.
Cruises 1 to 5 Nights (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)
Days Prior to Vacation Commencement Date
Fee Amount
60 days or moreNo fee
59-45 daysDeposit per Guest
44-30 days50% of vacation price per Guest
29-15 days75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less100% of vacation price per Guest
Cruises 6 Nights or More (Excluding Suites and Concierge Staterooms)
Fee Amount
60 days or moreNo fee
59-56 daysDeposit per Guest
55-30 days50% of vacation price per Guest
29-15 days75% of vacation price per Guest
14 days or less100% of vacation price per Guest
Suites and Concierge Staterooms
Fee Amount
60 days or moreDeposit per Guest
59-56 days50% of vacation price per Guest
55-30 days75% of vacation price per Guest
29 days or less100% of vacation price per Guest
Categories with Restrictions
Reservations for Inside, Outside or Verandah Categories with Restrictions remain nonrefundable and nontransferable.
These temporary changes are in addition to our Cruise Date Flexibility* Option that already allows Guests the flexibility to change their sail date up to 15 days prior to departure for any cruise booked by April 30, 2021, for scheduled sailings on or before September 30, 2021. Additional details on the Cruise Date Flexibility Option can be found on our website at DisneyCruise.com.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard for your sailing and hope that this added flexibility is helpful.
Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

i got this email also. my cruise on fantasy sept 4 2021. i was wondering if is a sign of the cruise NOT sailing . anyone have thoughts ??

I received it, and our DVC MC is about 3 months away, and doesn’t even follow usual rules of canceling. I think it just went out to everyone who’s booked on a DCL cruise.

If it was supposed to mean something beyond what it says, I don’t think so. I wish I would know something other than my cruise is still a go. What % is it likely to happen? I suppose no one knows, and if they do know, they are not saying.

I would prefer to sail on my cruise in September, but at least this way, there is a better chance DCL cancels before my PIF date so I don't have to wait for a much larger refund.

If anything, it's a sign that Disney thinks they might sail...because otherwise, people will cancel at day 90 instead of day 60.

I apologize for asking this, I am dyslexic and do have trouble with informational documentation sometimes. Could somebody tell me how this document is different from the last one that they sent out similar to this? Again I apologize for my request, but really appreciate anyone that could spell it out for me.

I apologize for asking this, I am dyslexic and do have trouble with informational documentation sometimes. Could somebody tell me how this document is different from the last one that they sent out similar to this? Again I apologize for my request, but really appreciate anyone that could spell it out for me.
Here is the key line: we are temporarily relaxing our cruise cancellation fee schedule for sailings through September 30, 2021.

So for folks with cruises set to sail between now and September 30, 2021, the PIF date is now 60 days prior to sailing. I think previously the 60 day PIF was only for cruises through the end of July.

Here is the key line: we are temporarily relaxing our cruise cancellation fee schedule for sailings through September 30, 2021.

So for folks with cruises set to sail between now and September 30, 2021, the PIF date is now 60 days prior to sailing. I think previously the 60 day PIF was only for cruises through the end of July.
Ah, so the time period for PIF is shorter and closer to departure. I have a Aug 28/29 sailing during this new period that the letter referenced. But I thought I had 60 days anyway, guess I dodged a bullet there.

I paid in full previously but then added insurance and tips. So I there’s a few hundred I still needed to pay now. Although now as a gold member I can request adventures and dining earlier as long as I’m PIF x? days in advance. Pretty sure that date didn’t change. On my last canceled cruise I never got that close to even use the gold date.
I thank you so much for the information, I think I’m gonna call and find my gold date.

Reactions: ajo
In my case, because of my room category of 00V, my PIF day was 150 days prior to sailing. So I gained 90 days time with this change.

Who did the email come from? Our TA is out of office this week and we are in this group. Don’t think we received anything

Comes from DCL directly. We have gotten this email multiple times because we have had cruises cancelled from May, 2020 until now. We book with Costco and the email comes directly from DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter