Change in DAS at Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjskribs

<font color=purple>The TF is not a baseball fan, s
Yesterday I had a video chat to reapply for a DAS pass. I had been granted it on previous trips with no issues. Ten seconds into my explanation for needing the pass the cast member stopped me and said we no longer give passes for that condition. She said she would issue me a "bathroom" pass and I would wait outside the line and meet my family in a holding area right before they were ready to board. She offered me no information as to how I would get to the holding area. Not sure if I was supposed to attempt to push my way through the line while showing my "bathroom" pass. At 75 years old I am not going to be pushing my way through anyone. I also find it a bit demeaning to have to show a "bathroom" pass to a cast member. Has anyone else faced this situation at Disneyland?

There have been reports of such change in accommodation. However I don’t know that we’re had any reports here from anyone who actually used it.

There have been reports of such change in accommodation. However I don’t know that we’re had any reports here from anyone who actually used it.
My aunt abuses her DAS pass. Maybe they're trying to stop this by having the rest of the party wait in line?

She uses the DAS pass and gets a return time, say 90 minutes later. She goes with a group of like 6 people. Everyone now has an hour to kill before they can ride. So she goes with them on shorter length line rides, or goes to a restaurant to eat. Things you couldn’t do if you were standing in the 90 minute line. So when the time is ready, all 6 of the group goes to the front of the ride. She then feigns something like, ‘I have a headache now - you all go on without me.'

She does this all day long. She’s basically a free fast pass for friends and family. And it makes her feel special. She can spend more time with family and friends and they'll adore her by her saving them time in line. Oh, and she only uses her wheelchair when going to the rides - she doesn’t use one the rest of the time there. She doesn’t actually need one, and doesn’t use one outside the parks.

If the rest of the party can’t join her out of line, her DAS pass is a useless tool, and can’t be used as a free fast pass like she likes.

Oh, we don’t go with her anymore after we saw her do this one time. We felt so disgusting doing this one time after we learned that’s what she always does

Last edited:
I’ve seen the same as you. Reports of change, but not reports from anyone who used it. Disneyland’s unique situation compared to WDW is that it has fewer attractions with Lightning Lanes and more in Disneyland park with alternate entries.
I have read about Universal parks doing the same.
And, the reason I’ve seen was people on TikTok and other social media saying ‘bathroom issues’ were an easy way to ‘fake’ to get DAS

My aunt abuses her DAS pass. Maybe they're trying to stop this by having the rest of the party wait in line?

She uses the DAS pass and gets a return time, say 90 minutes later. She goes with a group of like 6 people. Everyone now has an hour to kill before they can ride. So she goes with them on shorter length line rides, or goes to a restaurant to eat. Things you couldn’t do if you were standing in the 90 minute line. So when the time is ready, all 6 of the group goes to the front of the ride. She then feigns something like, ‘I have a headache now - you all go on without me.'

She does this all day long. She’s basically a free fast pass for friends and family. And it makes her feel special. She can spend more time with family and friends and they'll adore her by her saving them time in line. Oh, and she only uses her wheelchair when going to the rides - she doesn’t use one the rest of the time there. She doesn’t actually need one, and doesn’t use one outside the parks.

If the rest of the party can’t join her out of line, her DAS pass is a useless tool, and can’t be used as a free fast pass like she likes.

Oh, we don’t go with her anymore after we saw her do this one time. We felt so disgusting doing this one time after we learned that’s what she always does
I thought the Das holder had to go on the ride or nobody goes.

I thought the Das holder had to go on the ride or nobody goes.
That’s what she does. At the very last second she ‘can’t ride’. Like when boarding. None of the CMs doing the boarding knew she used DAS

I don’t know exactly how she did it - just that every ride she was waiting for us at the exit

Last edited:
I'm really curious if this is just a CM thing or if everyone is getting the same response?

Also I'm curious on how they justify your wait time to be by yourself outside of the queue, that doesn't sound very family orientated.

If people are abusing the system then they should require proof but still offer an accommodation that isn't messing up your own vacation time.

Last edited:
I'm really curious if this is just a CM thing or if everyone is getting the same response?

Also I'm curious on how they justify your wait time to be by yourself outside of the queue, that doesn't sound very family orientated.

If people are abusing the system then they should require proof but still offer an accommodation that isn't messing up your own vacation time.
How is it messing up vacation time? If a guest is waiting the same amount of time, then what difference does it make?

I'm not advocating against DAS, I'm talking about the OP being able to enjoy his vacation with his family without some kind of troublesome non-accommodation.

I totally agree with you, the wait time is the same. I'm not a fan of the "crack down" they're doing. The abuse of the pass is unconscionable, it's hurting people that genuinely could benefit from it to have an enjoyable trip when they otherwise have major issues.

Yesterday I had a video chat to reapply for a DAS pass. I had been granted it on previous trips with no issues. Ten seconds into my explanation for needing the pass the cast member stopped me and said we no longer give passes for that condition. She said she would issue me a "bathroom" pass and I would wait outside the line and meet my family in a holding area right before they were ready to board. She offered me no information as to how I would get to the holding area. Not sure if I was supposed to attempt to push my way through the line while showing my "bathroom" pass. At 75 years old I am not going to be pushing my way through anyone. I also find it a bit demeaning to have to show a "bathroom" pass to a cast member. Has anyone else faced this situation at Disneyland?
You will not be pushing through any line, as you will be out of the queue using the bathroom, and then you will join up with your family after, at the loading area. Most likely, you will show the card to the CM at the line queue, and they will bring you in another way so that you are at the loading area. Then you will wait there until your family gets there. You can keep in touch with your family by cell phone, and have a general idea when they are getting close to the front.

I'm not advocating against DAS, I'm talking about the OP being able to enjoy his vacation with his family without some kind of troublesome non-accommodation.

I totally agree with you, the wait time is the same. I'm not a fan of the "crack down" they're doing. The abuse of the pass is unconscionable, it's hurting people that genuinely could benefit from it to have an enjoyable trip when they otherwise have major issues.
I don’t agree that it’s a non-accommodation…it’s an accommodation, just not the preferred accommodation.

I'm used to WDW, I know DL is different because a good amount of rides don't even have LL, but having to spend time away from your family on a family trip doesn't seem like much of an accommodation.

When they don't enforce people holding spots for others for any reason it even seems like less of one.

How is it messing up vacation time? If a guest is waiting the same amount of time, then what difference does it make?
Perhaps Dis Dragon meant, if say Dad has an issue. Mom and the three kids get in line for 65 mins, Dad joins the line last 15 mins. That means no family time like "look at that dad, see that whatever in the back there" Also extra stress on mom for handling the three kids in line.

It's supposed to work that way but after you scanned into the line and are at the loading area, no one knows if it's a Das or not
Thank you, my brain didn't think of that work around.

Sort of sounds like the story years ago when people with the pass were renting themselves out as a FP.

Perhaps Dis Dragon meant, if say Dad has an issue. Mom and the three kids get in line for 65 mins, Dad joins the line last 15 mins. That means no family time like "look at that dad, see that whatever in the back there" Also extra stress on mom for handling the three kids in line.
Wouldn't it be the same thing if Dad has an issue and is in the bathroom for those 50 minutes? What is the family doing in the mean time?

Wouldn't it be the same thing if Dad has an issue and is in the bathroom for those 50 minutes? What is the family doing in the mean time?

If Dad has a 50 minute issue, perhaps it is possible that Dad also may need assistance from someone in the family....

I think usually the person is not in the bathroom for 50 mins. But maybe needs to visit every 20-30 mins for 5 mins. But of course there are those that do have a need for a lengthy visit.

I think this discussion really shows the wide-range of "bathroom issues" that people consider as a disability. There may be -- or may need to be -- different accommodations depending on each individual's stated needs (more acutely defined than just "bathroom issues").

It would be great to get some direct feedback from someone who has used a "leave-the-line-and-return" type of accommodation -- whether at Disney, Universal, or any other theme park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter