Change in DAS at Disneyland

Status
Not open for further replies.
My comment had a base meaning - the time waiting produces the issue. I don't know about you but not being able to move tends to exacerbate my symptoms but I also have a good deal of anxiety so I stress about it, leading to more complications.
For my sister-in-law law movement doesn't make things worse or better. She's had jobs where she's standing for a long time, ones where she is sitting for a long time, ones where she's moving a lot. In terms of her IBS stress, anxiety, PCOS and eating habits trigger it for her. Her IBS is the opposite issue as mine that I had when I was younger.

Not intended to be clinical speak here but if the idea of not moving for too long for you amps up your anxiety and creates complications my perspective would be it's the anxiety and what ifs your mind comes up with that make the stress which then trigger the symptom :flower3: For my sister-in-law at least from what she describes her stress and anxiety aren't of that kind but if they were primarily issue wouldn't be the time but the thoughts surrounding the time.

Not to me, which is why I asked. Your CM friend could tell just by looking who needed DAS and who didn't? How many guests were in the FP queue at the time? When we were there, most times we were the only ones using the FP queue. Twice, people in standby asked us if FP was operational again. Were they not offering passes for when a ride shut down, or any other access to the FP queues?

Thank you for that input. We very often were the only guests in the FP queue during our week-long trip. which was during the mask mandate. Attendance was low, but still, some of the queues had 45 minute waits. I'm still not seeing how a CM could have any perception of abuse from the situation. If anything, fewer people would be abusing the system, since the lines were constantly moving.
That was also our experience on our trips after WDW reopened and and before Genie+ started.
Sometimes, my family was the only group in the line. Many times, there were other guests we could see who definitely were not using DAS; they were using Rider Swap, re-entry after ride shutdown, Guest recovery, people on VIP tours.
On several occasions, we saw large groups and found out they were actually testing what ended up being Genie+ and Lightning Lane. Obviously, CMs at the attraction would have known about a test. But, casual observers would not.

Unless the CM was at the Fastpass entrance where people scanned in, they would not know the reason the person/group scanned in. They would know during their assignment to entry, but not during many other assignments
Again you're looking at it from your trip they are looking at it from being there on the daily. No need to take their observation personal especially if you feel you utilize it appropriately, they aren't talking about you.

FP lanes were primarily utilized for DAS during that. And please no need to call the CM a liar, quite rude of you to do so. I have known them for years and they aren't some bus driver type thing. Disagree if you want but don't call them a liar.
Just because someone’s experience is not daily doesn’t mean it’s not valid. And just because their experience differed from what your CM friend told you, does not mean they are accusing the CM friend of lying. The poster you quoted did not say or even suggest that what your CM friend told you was not true.

The CM at the scan in podium would know why people were entering the line during their time at the podium, but there is no way to know after that (unless you hear people talking in line - which we often do hear them talking about using Genie+ or scheduling their next Genie+ attraction while we are waiting in line with them).

I don’t know if you are implying that your friend reporting more DAS use implies abuse, but here are some of the reasons DAS might have seemingly increased:
- Many used Fastpass along with DAS, especially for attractions with long waits. With Fastpass gone, use DAS for those
- Fastpass discontinued also discontinued the 3 Fastpasses every guest could schedule. DAS guests who used those are now either making DAS Return Times or DAS Advance Selections, which look like more DAS use, but are just ‘labeling’ differently
- many guests with disabilities didn’t travel right away and are traveling now
- the WDW and DL websites have more/better info about DAS, which might have encouraged more to consider DAS who might Not have been aware.

A few pages back, lanejudy suggested it might be time to close this thread. I am closing it now - it contains a lot of complaints about how people think a bathroom pass might work. Once people actually have some experience, a new thread can be started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter