• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changes to Palo and Remy

The lamb at Palo is my favorite! I hope it’s on the menu. Next would be the Dover sole.

We have also especially enjoyed the antipasti. It had changed from being an every time offering to something you had to ask for.

I would be happy with the antipasto selections, entree and light dessert.

I cannot wait to book Palo brunch. I agree about the chicken parm. I may try the Dover sole on our next cruise.
🙂

Man, Palo was $10 our first time and Remy $75. Our first Remy was 2012, inflation would put that at $87 today.
If we hadn't already paid for a meal this would feel more reasonable, but $125 feels like a lot off the boat much less on it.

Quick question -- has anyone seen any mention of Palo brunch on the Wish? Every mention of Palo talks about the new theme and steak/italian menu. I've seen a mention of two separate dining rooms and the beautiful water views. But it always sounds like they are talking about dinner. Are we sure they are still doing brunch??? Please - I need my chicken parm!!!!

The last time we dined at Palo. was really disappointed to see people being admitted in torn jeans and flip flops. Dress code was not enforced, and while It didn't ruin our meal, I just expected more from DCL to uphold their policies on this.

Was that during brunch..? For dinner my husband was turned away for not having dress shoes on with his black slacks, dress shirt and tie. They were black shoes but more like sneakers without any logos. They had to run up some loaner shoes (for a fee) so we could go in to dinner.

Quick question -- has anyone seen any mention of Palo brunch on the Wish? Every mention of Palo talks about the new theme and steak/italian menu. I've seen a mention of two separate dining rooms and the beautiful water views. But it always sounds like they are talking about dinner. Are we sure they are still doing brunch??? Please - I need my chicken parm!!!!

If they can charge for it, they'll be doing it!

the more platinum members the higher the cost because they have to make up the food costs so someone has to pay for it and it's silver and gold members. unless they take that perk away also the two restaurants on the wishare actually small in square footage than the other ships.

I don't think our experiences at PALO were unusual in that the servers would encourage you to try more and different offerings.
I don't think it's really "abusing" a system that operates that way.
Even at the breakfast buffet, where we would be EXPLICIT in wanting an omelet made with a SINGLE egg, the chef would insist on cracking at least two into his bowl.
It is something inherent in wanting to deliver more to the guests as part of a top-notch experience.
My humble opinion is that it's less a reaction to Guest behavior, than the overall trend from Disney Parks / Experiences to be charging more while offering less. That's a discussion for a different thread.

Bada Bing Bado Boom. That is it right there. It's not a popular opinion to make here on these boards, but this is the truth. Disney continues to cut back its offerings and keeps on increasing the prices. Why? Because we are willing to just go along and keep on spending the $$$. Disney keeps cutting and increasing, we just keep smiling and paying. I'm guilty of this as well. I just booked my cruise for Feb. 26th, 2022 on the Fantasy and will end up staying at WDW for a few days before. I keep saying I'm done with Disney, but the addiction keeps me coming back. Perhaps one of these days they will push me over the edge and someone else will get my disposable cash for vacations. :goodvibes

Bada Bing Bado Boom. That is it right there. It's not a popular opinion to make here on these boards, but this is the truth. Disney continues to cut back its offerings and keeps on increasing the prices. Why? Because we are willing to just go along and keep on spending the $$$. Disney keeps cutting and increasing, we just keep smiling and paying. I'm guilty of this as well. I just booked my cruise for Feb. 26th, 2022 on the Fantasy and will end up staying at WDW for a few days before. I keep saying I'm done with Disney, but the addiction keeps me coming back. Perhaps one of these days they will push me over the edge and someone else will get my disposable cash for vacations. :goodvibes
It's just plain ol' business. Like any other publicly traded company DCL has shareholders they need to satisfy. Continued growth is a must. There's always pressure to reduce costs and increase sales. DCL is no different. We too have noticed the impact of this both on cruise ships and at the parks. Not trying to defend them here.. but I do think they try to keep those cutbacks and cost increases from being too obvious or overwhelming. But as long as the ships are full and the experiences are booked solid, we can count on cost increases. :( I think you stated it pretty well. "We keep smiling and paying." :)

We are big time foodies... So Palo and Remy are usually on the schedule for us. Anyone tried the Remy Champagne Brunch yet?? I absolutely loved it. DW thought it was not worth the standard Remy upcharge.

We are big time foodies... So Palo and Remy are usually on the schedule for us. Anyone tried the Remy Champagne Brunch yet?? I absolutely loved it. DW thought it was not worth the standard Remy upcharge.
We are also big time foodies. But I have to agree with your husband on this one. I also didn't think the champagne brunch was worth the up-charge. I much prefer the Palo brunch. But with that said, I loved the wine pairing with our Chef Hunnel menu that we were able to get a second reservation and did the same thing with the Chef Lallement menu. I justified it because I had a $750 OBC from my travel agent. :)

We are also big time foodies. But I have to agree with your husband on this one. I also didn't think the champagne brunch was worth the up-charge. I much prefer the Palo brunch. But with that said, I loved the wine pairing with our Chef Hunnel menu that we were able to get a second reservation and did the same thing with the Chef Lallement menu. I justified it because I had a $750 OBC from my travel agent. :)
Nice!! We also love Palo brunch. I end up eating so much that I end up being done for the day!

I love the wine pairings at Remy's! With the price increases, I'm almost scared to see how much the wine pairings will be next time I sail (June 2022).

We do not see the value in Remy given it's current cost - we did it back when it was $75 and it was fine but I can get that experience for the same or less on land when I haven't already paid for that meal via the cost of the cruise.

We're starting to get to the same place with Palo. We actually like Palo over Remy, but at close to $50, we're getting to the same place. Soon it will just be Platinum guests taking advantage of the free experience.

My travel mate and I did it several years ago and it was amazing. Literally worth every cent.

The last time we dined at Palo. was really disappointed to see people being admitted in torn jeans and flip flops. Dress code was not enforced, and while It didn't ruin our meal, I just expected more from DCL to uphold their policies on this.
That was the same on my last dinner there. It was pirate night so the next table were wearing torn dirty jeans, shorts, sneakers, and had bandanas on their heads. I did speak to the maitre d on the way out and he said that there was nothing that he could do as it’s allowed now! I knew that he wasn’t telling the truth but I just left it. Not worth the hassle of continuing the discussion.

That was the same on my last dinner there. It was pirate night so the next table were wearing torn dirty jeans, shorts, sneakers, and had bandanas on their heads. I did speak to the maitre d on the way out and he said that there was nothing that he could do as it’s allowed now! I knew that he wasn’t telling the truth but I just left it. Not worth the hassle of continuing the discussion.

You describe exactly our last Palo dinner on the Dream in Feb 2020. Why does Palo even have a dress code? I normally could care less what people wear but not all that long ago a member of our traveling party was sent back to change his shirt because the Palo manager didn’t believe his shirt (polo shirt) was dressy enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter