Changes you've made to make life easier

I’m way too picky to let a stranger pick out my fruits and veggies and meat. Heck, when my husband does the shopping he takes pictures of the pork chops so I get final say on what ones to choose LOL

That's what keeps me from doing grocery pickup/delivery too. I did a pickup service precisely one time. I got shorter expiration dates than I would've liked on the milk, bread, etc., and the produce was dinged and bruised. No thanks, it's worth it to me to go myself!

That's what keeps me from doing grocery pickup/delivery too. I did a pickup service precisely one time. I got shorter expiration dates than I would've liked on the milk, bread, etc., and the produce was dinged and bruised. No thanks, it's worth it to me to go myself!

This is what stops me too. We go through bread fast and don’t buy a lot of milk or milk products, but I am super picky about meat and especially produce and want to choose it myself.

Wash fruits like grapes and strawberries and wash and cut veggies like celery, red peppers etc to have ready to go. As long as you make sure they are dry before putting away they last. If they are not ready to go no one eats them.

We use the Our Groceries app on all of our phones. It's an Alexa skill so we just tell Alexa to add whatever item to whatever store, ie add milk to Publix. It's great for when you're in the kitchen or I want DH to pick something up and I forgot. You can update it right on your phone too, saves a lot of headaches.

Got rid of the top sheet on the bed....my life is much better....and I am serious. I always hated the top sheet but felt it necessary for some reason. Now its a fitted sheet and comforter and we are happy!!!

MJ

Would drive me crazy not having a top sheet!
Have to have something light with the AC - even a light comforter, too heavy. Also would feel the need of washing the comforter more often, so would defeat the purpose for us - or in the case of our current one, dry cleaned.

I'm hoping to share some tips on changes you've made that have made your life easier or just better somehow. Things that once you've started you wished you had done sooner. We are all so busy that sometimes we dont stop and think if there is a better way to accomplish something. I just recently placed my first order to have groceries delivered to my home. My work schedule is erratic and it takes me 3 hours to food shop and put away all that food each week. For the past year or so I have been dreading food shopping. I'm hoping grocery delivery will make my week a bit better. I was resistant for so long because of the extra cost but I'm pretty sure I'll make up for it by not impulse buying! Any tips or thoughts you'd like to share?

The change that has had the biggest positive impact on my life is deciding that I wasn't going to care what anybody else thinks of me. I'm so much less stressed out worrying about what everyone else thinks all the time. Anxiety about what other people though about me was a huge detriment to me in high school and college. I just wish I had the wisdom to not give a crap back then like now.

What a great thread!

Every Sunday I pick out my kids outfits for the week. I bought stackable bins and labeled them Monday-Friday. I put their outfit for each day in the bin so in the morning all they have to do is pull it out and get dressed. It saves a huge amount of time in the morning before school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter