Chef De France - Yes or No

Chefs De France - Yes or No?

• Yes, go there it's wonderful!

• No, pick somewhere else - Chefs De France is not that great

Results are only viewable after voting.

jaysue

DIS Veteran
Plan on going to Chefs De France with DW (no kids!) for an adults dinner and then walk around WS and the Boardwalk

So for those who have been, would you recommend Chef de France?

Feedback please

Thanks
jaysue

:goodvibes

I love Chefs de France! We usually share their Planche Campagnarde -- it's huge, but so good. There are usually 3 or 4 kinds of cheese, a few different meats, and a couple of pates as well. Last time there was some sliced foie gras on there...it was wonderful.

I was disappointed in their soupe a l'oignon. In France, most of the cafes I frequented made it with a chicken base which I loved, but Chefs uses a beef base for the soup. It's still good, though.

I've never been unsatisfied with anything I've had there, it's usually very good.

For 2 adults I think Bistro D Paris is a better bet. Chef's can get rushed and crowded, Bistro is more open, quiet, and romantic.

We have eaten at Chefs de France many times for lunch and dinner...it is wonderful. The food, service and atmosphere.

We highly recommend this restaurant.

My wife and I love Chefs. Bistro is nice too, but I think we like all the hustle and bustle of downstairs. We've also always loved the CMs working their. They always have taked time out to explain the food and where it comes from. I think have to go make a PS there now :).

By all means go. Always a must do for us.

I enjoy Chefs again these days but if it were dinner for just my husband and I, my choice would be the Bistro....soft lighting, much quieter...more romantic to me.

I wasn't thrilled with my dinner at Chefs de France. It was good, but not something I would return to. For a nice dinner for a couple, I think Bistro de Paris would be a better choice, or if you are up to wandering over to the Boardwalk a little earlier (then strolling back to Epcot for Illuminations) Flying Fish or Spoodles might be a good choice.

We normally enjoy a late lunch at Les Chefs de France. It's usually quieter and less expensive that the dinner hours. :)

I guess we have had bad luck recently, we used to love eating there, but the last 2 times it was WAY less than good. Servers were rude and inattentive, my entre came a good 15 minutes after everyone else at the table (with no apology or explanation...when I asked the waiter to please check on it after everyone else had their food for several minutes he looked at my husband and told him to go ahead and eat because my order had "been delayed") When he finally brought it the food was cold and had been sitting so long the sauce had congealed on the plate. Getting a water glass refilled took an act of congress. The family at the next table had 2 toddlers and a baby and they were treated VERY rudely. The baby started to cry and the mother was trying to get her out of the carrier to give her a bottle and the waiter walked up and told her in no uncertain terms that she was annoying the other guests and should take the baby out. I wanted to call him over and tell him the baby wasn't nearly as annoying as he was...but we couldn't even get our waiters attention, much less one from another table!!
It was crowded and noisy, and while the lucky few in our party who actually got hot food said it was pretty good no one thought it was anywhere near good enough to make up for the abuse from the wait staff. Not on the level of your average home town french restaurant...Bistro is MUCH better both food and atmosphere (IMHO)

Try the Bistro for adults only. We actually took our kids to the Bistro, they are used to fine dining and they loved it too.
The service was great, atmosphere was terrific. I highly recommend it.
We had a fabulous meal, I had the rack of lamb~very Yummy!

As I type this I am on hold (forever!!) with WDW DINE and I was planning on making a lunch reservation for Chef's for myself husband, 6 and 4 yr old girls. They are usually good but can be loud talkers. Should I be picking somewhere else? We usually go to Le Cellier (the place is got allot of background noise so OK).

Should I reconsider?:(

I had read that the only place you REALLY shouldn't take kids is V&A. Every other restaurant is pretty tolerant.

Thanks!

PS So far 10 minute hold!

Originally posted by MaryKatesMom
As I type this I am on hold (forever!!) with WDW DINE and I was planning on making a lunch reservation for Chef's for myself husband, 6 and 4 yr old girls. They are usually good but can be loud talkers. Should I be picking somewhere else? We usually go to Le Cellier (the place is got allot of background noise so OK).

Should I reconsider?:(

I had read that the only place you REALLY shouldn't take kids is V&A. Every other restaurant is pretty tolerant.

Thanks!

PS So far 10 minute hold!

If you are talking about the Chef's Table, that is at V&A. If you mean Chefs de France, it is fine for children and the norm as you assumed. I hope SB's experience was a fluke.

I just ate there for the first time at the end of August and I have to say I wasn't impressed. I thought the menu was extremely limited and the food was nothing special. It was just okay in my book. I might eat there again some day but it's definitely not on my immediate do again list.

We didn't have a PS.. just walked up and were seated immediately. Fabulous food! Started off with the escargo (sp?), which is really just an excuse to dip the crusty bread in the garlic butter.
DH had fish and I had beef medallions. Both of us had some nice red wine. Service was excellent, and the restaurant is beautiful.

Chefs is nice, but for a really romantic experience the Bistro is the best. My husband loved it because we could have a nice, romantic dinner and he didn't have to wear a jacket (like at V&As). To him it's not vacation if he has to get dressed in his work clothes. ;) We requested a table by the window and timed the reservation so we could watch illuminations over dessert. Perfection!

We have decided to try the Bistro de Paris upstairs - will file a restaurant review

Thanks to all!
jaysue

:chat:

Originally posted by Princess Michelle
I just ate there for the first time at the end of August and I have to say I wasn't impressed. I thought the menu was extremely limited and the food was nothing special. It was just okay in my book. I might eat there again some day but it's definitely not on my immediate do again list.
Substitute 'May' for 'August' and my summation is identical to Michelle's. For a romantic dinner, I would stroll across to the BoardWalk and eat at the Flying Fish Cafe.

I agree with SB. We were treated very rudely, so much that I wanted to leave. The service wasn't good even when we could divert our waiters attention from the girls at the next table. I have been a waitress in the real world. The service would not have been tolerated there, and was definitely not what I expect at WDW. We are planning our next trip, and my friend said she doesn't care where we eat as long as it isn't Chefs de France!:mad: :mad: :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter