Chemicals in pools

DisneyAbsolutely

Mouseketeer
Hi I was wondering if anyone knew what chemicals are used in resort pools? Namely Pop Century and Port Orleans. I'm seeing mixed information and the planDisney site has literally said two opposite things back to back about bromine versus chlorine. Thanks! = )

AFAIK, they use bromine everywhere. No chlorine. I've not been to either of those resorts, but AKL, WL, and BWI in the last six months have definitely used bromine. I don't see any reason why they'd use it in some places and not others.

AFAIK, they use bromine everywhere. No chlorine. I've not been to either of those resorts, but AKL, WL, and BWI in the last six months have definitely used bromine. I don't see any reason why they'd use it in some places and not others.

Bromine is all I have seen at Pop PoFQ CS CBR ASMu and my stay at poly was too long ago and I don’t know there

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew what chemicals are used in resort pools? Namely Pop Century and Port Orleans. I'm seeing mixed information and the planDisney site has literally said two opposite things back to back about bromine versus chlorine. Thanks! = )
I don't know what chemicals are used but I thought that the water in the POR main pool tasted salty.

OP, Just in the past year I have also heard different answers, so I would ask when you check-in at the resort to definitely find out the correct answer and maybe update this post.

Agree with double checking when you are at the resort.

For now, maybe ask on the respective threads for each hotel if anyone is there/will be there wouldn't mind asking a lifeguard? They're always testing the pool chemical balances so I'm sure they know what's used.

If you have some sort of skin sensitivity to a specific pool chemical (i.e. chlorine vs. bromine) I would think it be safer to not use the pool. Know friends who have an in-ground pool and they can use either chemical based on what is available. Often, those chemicals are used interchangeably and unless you talk with someone who currently does the maintenance, they may not know or they might just guess at an answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter