Chicago Cubs fans - Rebuilding Year 2023

Going to Disney runs pretty close though! :cool1:

I will agree to disagree. As much as I love going to Disney, I would forego many trips if it meant your daughter stayed cancer free.

On a totally different note, if any of you like following TRs, I have started my very first PTR. I've never done one before and I'm not sure I can be nearly as good at it as so many I've seen, but I'm givng it a shot. I'm doing a contest and there will be prizes for the top 3 and if that happens to be a Cubbies fan, the prize could be either Cubbie or Disney oriented.

If you're not into TRs, to quote Rosanne Rossannadanna...."NEVER MIND" and I return you to your normally scheduled Cubbies banter.

guys ..check out how young Zobie looks! How cute are they?
images

so did you guys consider the possibility that this trio of Cubbie Blue
images
images
images

Could join forces with Walgreens?:scared::eek::faint::scared1:

images

so did you guys consider the possibility that this trio of Cubbie Blue
images
images
images

Could join forces with Walgreens?:scared::eek::faint::scared1:

images
At least it will be a Duhst free Walgreens. :rotfl2:

Actually, I think Bosio left of his own accord and hopefully that's the case. Yes, our pitching was off this year, but there's only so much of that that can be blamed on the coach. The coach can't prevent guys from self destructing on the mound and ultimately to leave or pull a pitcher is Joe's call. Obviously, I don't know all the dynamics in pro ball, but my coaches helped me make pitches better, but could not control if I had a bad day/week/etc.

anyone watching the WS? What happened to the deafening constant noise the Cubs had to deal with? My ears were hurting just watching thru the tv.

anyone watching the WS? What happened to the deafening constant noise the Cubs had to deal with? My ears were hurting just watching thru the tv.
I’m watching. I don’t know anything about the Astros.

I liked seeing Animal (from the Muppets) grove out over Turner’s homer.

Is it just me, or do all the postseason patches look crappy? The World Series patch looks like it was designed by a 7 year old.

Is it just me, or do all the postseason patches look crappy? The World Series patch looks like it was designed by a 7 year old.
not just you..I said the same to my brother esp about the WS one..looks like it should have a hashtag in front of it

I know the NL team om the WS is who another NL fan is supposed to be rooting for but ummmm...no. Can't do it. (besides, the Astros USED to be NL)
DM8ZY6aVAAAYa6S.jpg

Anyone else see twitter when Taylor hit that first pitch HR? The PED convo was quickly ingnited. Considering the guy hit a total of 2 home runs between 2014-16 and then 25 this year,,I can see the scepticisim. Of course he's not the only player to have such a vast increase in a year, the juicing is real lol (both ingested and the balls :rolleyes1)

Last edited:
some STL chatter ~normally I don't bother with it but since Jake/Bosio align with their openings..I'm interested

http://sports.live.stltoday.com/Event/Cardinals_chat_with_Derrick_Goold_c3001efdd45a?Page=0

http://www.bnd.com/sports/mlb/st-louis-cardinals/article180695141.html

The Nat's and Twin's could also be interested in Bosio..but the fact that he and Jake are available at the same time makes all this very interesting. I am hoping if Jake were to take a shorter length that he would do so with the Cubs over the Card's..but you just never know. The Giant's could also make a nice offer. So early in the off season, tons of rumers will be flying every which way. Read that the Nat's should try and talk with NYY Girardi would be a match, but not so sure Girardi wants to go there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter